CraftBukkit 1.2.3-R0.1 is now available!

Discussion in 'Bukkit News' started by EvilSeph, Mar 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

EvilSeph

A new CraftBukkit Beta Build 1.2.3-R0.1 (#2034) that provides Minecraft 1.2.3 compatibility is now available. As always, please remember to backup your servers before updating, just in case.

Will plugins break with this build?
    Unless the plugin developers of your plugins have been keeping up with Bukkit development, plugins will most likely be broken due to the recent optimisation and cleaning of our code.

What is a Beta Build?
    A Beta Build is in between a developer build and a Recommended Build. These builds simply work and are promoted much more frequently than a Recommended Build. While we will do some testing before promoting a beta build, we will not be running it through our extensive test process. As such, there are no guarantees that they will not contain minor bugs. If we do find out they are broken, we will mark it as such on DLB and promote a new one. A beta build may contain incomplete API and new features but they should not interfere with running the build in any way.

Now that a beta has been promoted, we'll be working on new features, API and more fixes for a Recommended Build.

Known Issues:
    • Entities can't be interacted with after login (vanilla issue).
    • Strange chunk generation artifacts on the client.
    For more detailed information on what is contained in this update, please see the changelog here

Download CraftBukkit 1.2.3-R0.1 here

2. Offline

ShadowDrakken

I don't blame him budpup67 I only update my own plugins for recommended builds as well, otherwise I'd be rewriting plugins constantly instead of enjoying the game :) and that's really the point of the recommended builds :D

3. Offline

noahk11

They are cleaning up ALOT of the code, alot of plugins are going to break. I asume its going to take longer for devs to update plugins for 1.2

4. Offline

TheCuddler

I believe that I have encountered the issue with "interacting with entities." Is there any way I can fix this? I've tried reloading the server, relogging, and force updating my client. Super Pickaxe works to destroy blocks, but there's no way to place them.

5. Offline

zml2008

You really should be keeping your plugins updated between RBs. Usually the changes needed are fairly minor or nonexistent, and updating before the RB will allow you to quickly get a release out when the RB drops so people can update and play with less interruption. You'll also get fewer complaining users while you test and update your plugin, since a majority of users wait for the RB to be released (at a time when you have your tested updates ready).

6. Offline

ShadowDrakken

I don't share my plugins anywhere, they're simply for my server only.

While you're correct that the intention is for plugins devs to waste their time re-coding their plugins every dev build, I find it to be an idiotic expectation because it means changing and re-changing constantly. It's much more time efficient to only update against RBs which only takes a couple minutes if it takes any time at all. This also ensures compatibility for server admins, since updating a plugin for a dev version could break compatibility for the current RB, especially when cleaning up deprecated methods.

Perhaps if the API ever becomes stable, or the CraftBukkit exclusive stuff gets fixed (honestly I think they should do away with Bukkit and just code against CraftBukkit, the extra layer and limitation is a waste, but that's another topic), things would be different.

7. Offline

TheCuddler

Guys, please try to keep this thread to CraftBukkit 1.2.3 stuff only. Problems with plugins should go in their respective places.

8. I am using chunkown (123) for players and izone (123) to protect large buildings. Izone need to be 123 found, else it can throw away stuff from the config suddenly.
    For auction, im using webauction and its running fine.

9. Offline

eygptian

This is 1.2.3 stuff, im asking about wether the development builds are affecting the plugins, and do i need to wait for the rb to come out. :)

10. Offline

Fashowpro

11. Offline

Tanite

Just wait. Tell your users to sit down and be patient, unless you and they have a high tolerance for things not working right. Be the admin :)

ShadowDrakken and Klotzonator like this.
  12. Offline

Klotzonator

Exactly the way to do. Pays off anytime I take the time to just check out new builds before going live with'em :D .

Tanite likes this.
  13. Offline

Tanite

I showed my guys the JIRA site. LOOK HOW MANY CRITICAL AND MAJOR BUGS THERE ARE! LOOK! *pushes face in it*

Hehe :p

14. Offline

eygptian

Thanks guys. Sorry, people on the server were getting annoyed, but to be honest, I did tell them to come back in a week. I will reinforce that demand to them.

15. Offline

Tanite

IMO, they shouldn't be "coming back," they should be not-patching (at your direction, prior to the patch) and staying to help you maintain the server population during the transition. I'm about to throw out some people that have disappeared on me to play on 1.2 servers. There are only 3487389247 players looking for servers out there, and stable, well-run servers are harder to find than new players, based on sheer numbers. But that's another argument...

Hrmph :p

16. Offline

ShadowDrakken

Better yet, use Magic Launcher and run multiple client versions side by side :)

17. Offline

mmob18

It means they won't work, either they will give you lots of errors, or they just won't show up. Of course with Beta builds lots of things can go wrong, just not as many as a Dev build, or even buggier, Next Build.

No, it is a Beta build, the step between the Dev build and the Recommended build.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  18. Offline

Royalgamer06

Yes, I know now. This had been told to me many times!

19. Offline

mmob18

Oh. Sorry bro, I know how annoying that is.. Here! Have a diamond! [diamond]

Royalgamer06 likes this.
  20. Offline

JJoHH

[diamond] Yessss

21. Offline

Cucuyoyo

All Glitch, Chunk Glitch, Permissions Glitch, Plugins Glitch. Glitch Glitch Glitch...

22. Offline

xbedestroyed

It isn't like a glitch.. The plugins are all outdated, just because there is a newer version.
    You are talking like... Be patient and whait a bit longer :p

23. Offline

Draconette

the only things waht is buggy/glitchy..... First spawn.... it is not in specific point, but randomly in 20 blocks radiuss, and in the air.

Second when is preformed exit, sometimes users lose completely their inventory....

But any way im happy about beta in all ower.... keep up the good work.. :D

24. Offline

jjplay175

Ahh thank you <3 :D not had net for past 3 months so a nice update so i can play some lan at home :) strongly appreciate it :D

25. Offline

Cucuyoyo

Nice! Great job, The official Released.

Thanks alot! :)

Now just only the plugins, that we need to wait ^^

26. Offline

tmanisawesome

when will u make a nice stable non beta build

27. Offline

takataka77

How long do you think it'll take for the plugins to update, and when they do, how do you update them?

How long will that t
    How long will that take approximately? and when the recommended build comes out, will the plugins work?

When will The recommended build come out guys? When I try with the Beta build or the Development build my plugins don't work... Can someone help please? :'(

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  28. Offline

RicoX73

Invalid or corrupt jarfile craftbukkit-1.2.3-R0.1.jar
    Thats what the cmd said... Help me please.

29. Offline

takataka77

No W'ell have to wait t'ill a Recommended build comes out.

30. Offline

shroomduck

Beta build wiped my map. Good thing for backups.

It has been over a wk since release now and still no RB? Come on you guys work for Mojang now, there is no reason this has not been released. Perhaps you should of picked a better time to "clean up" your code instead of on a huge release.

31. Offline

RicoX73

The plugins are outdated. You'll need to update them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.