Harry Potter Magic Plugin

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by xchilly38x, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Offline

xchilly38x

Hey we have a Harry Potter server and we will be needing a Harry Potter magic plugin, which should be able to do some of harry potter spells.
    For example:
    Accio - to spawn a random object/block into the players hand
    Expelliarmus - to be able to hit objects out of a players hand.
    Incendio - to start a fire where the player is looking
    Lumos - to make a temporary glowstone block where the player is looking
    Stupefy - which hits back targeted player
    Petrificus Totalus - to freeze targeted player
    Avada Kadavra - kills target player
    Crucio - have same effect if you eat a spider eye
    we would appreciate if all of these spells would only be able to be casted while holding a stick.[stick]
    thanks for reading or deciding to create this plugin.:cool:

2. Offline

Iron_Crystal

This is all possible, but I'm not sure how to freeze a player, except for canceling the PlayerMoveEvent, which is not very smooth. Sadly, I am too busy with other plugins to make this.

3. Offline

xchilly38x

Petrificus totalus should now temporarly stop a player with blocks.
    Thank u iron for letting us know its possible hopefully someone will make this
    Plugin

4. I think it is event.setTo(event.getFrom()) or something similar.

Iron is actually incorrect as many plugin freeze players without being glitchy so it is perfectly possible without blocks.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2016
  5. Offline

Iron_Crystal

I didn't say it wasn't possible, I just said I didn't know how.

6. Offline

xchilly38x

Well will any of you guys make this plugin for us lol?

7. Offline

Mig_B

It is possible of course :)

8. Offline

Iron_Crystal

I guess I can start this. I have some time.

Update: I can't work on it this instant (I can do this).

I finished the accio command quickly. Lol in testing it I got Diamond Boots on the 2nd try. :D

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

xchilly38x likes this.
  9. Offline

xchilly38x

Thank u

Hey mig

10. Offline

Iron_Crystal

Do you want permissions? Also, is there any way you want to limit the accio command so that it is not abused?

Edit: These are commands, correct? Just verifying

11. Offline

xchilly38x

Yes these are commands, and having permissions is important so not everyone have every spell like avada kadavra. I was actually thInking about accio and if we could make certain blocks not able to get through it. Accio should not be able to get any armor, diamond blocks,iron blocks, gold blocks same goes with the ingots for all of them, or any tools.

12. Offline

Iron_Crystal

[quote uid=90663113 name="xchilly38x" post=1070135]Yes these are commands, and having permissions is important so not everyone have every spell like avada kadavra. I was actually thInking about accio and if we could make certain blocks not able to get through it. Accio should not be able to get any armor, diamond blocks,iron blocks, gold blocks same goes with the ingots for all of them, or any tools.[/quote]

I am having trouble freezing the player. Is it ok if I just make it so that they are given the Slow potion effect for like 10 seconds and amplify it 10 times so that they go practically nowhere?

Here is what you want. All done!

<Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2016
  13. Offline

xchilly38x

Excellent!!!! I will keep in touch with you so u can teach me how to do permissions thank you

14. Offline

TheFluffey

[quote uid=90620163 name="Iron_Crystal" post=1071493]Here is what you want. All done!

Please post this to BukkitDev/Plugin Submissions with full documentation and proper formatting. I am sure others would enjoy it :D

[quote uid=90620163 name="Iron_Crystal" post=1071493]Here is what you want. All done!

Also, put a config with individual spell delay times into the plugin. That way we can prevent spamming of spells. Also, if you can make it so that the potion bubbles animation (Not the effect on the player, just the bubbles) appear when casting a spell, that would be amazing. Different colored bubbles for each spell (Configurable with potion ID).

Also, could you incorporate some of Mig_B 's spells? They look cool, too. And better planned out.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2016
  15. Offline

Iron_Crystal

I'll just make one big plugin that has all the requested spells. Also, I found a bug with the plugin not sending a message if the player does not have perms, so I'll have to fix it anyway.

16. Offline

TheFluffey

Good! Please add permissions support of each spell if not already done (I cannot check, I am away from home)... Anyways, configuring the spells would be awesome. If you could use spout and add custom projectiles, as well as make it so that you can configure the spells (Lumos = time light lasts, delay, Light range), (Stupefy = Specify knockback distance, delay)... Delay is how long it takes before you can cast again. Also, I don't need this, so put it on a later update, but requirements to cast a spell would be nice. Like you could set it so that you need 1:2 (ItemID:Quantity)... So I need stone:(2 of them) to cast a certain spell.

Stupefy:
    Settings:
    knockback: 10 #higher is farther (Knockback 10 blocks)
    delay: 30 #in seconds (Can't cast for 30 more seconds)
    Require:
    blockID: 1:2, etc # 2 stone blocks
    Projectile:
    proj: slimeball #Shoots a slimeball
    speed: 10 #higher is faster
    Effects:
    potion:
    id: 1 #Gives potion ID 1 bubble effect to shooter location.. Like smoke from a gun, harry #potter style. colors help distinguish spells
    Sound: urlHere

Finally, make add spout support so that you can toggle spells via a small scrolling menu in the bottom right of the screen. This would make everything extremely easy and productive. :D

EDIT: Shot sound request added.

17. Offline

xchilly38x

Fluffey has some really good points that would be awesome if you can incorporate into te plugin iron!

18. Offline

Iron_Crystal

0.0 wow...ok let me think this through.

1. I am not familiar with spout so I don't think I'll be able to do that.
    2. The spell Lumos spawns a glowstone block, and I can't edit its light range, and I don't know what you mean by delay.
    3. For Stupefy, I just realized what the OP was asking. I thought he wanted to slightly hurt the player, not move him. I'll see what I can do for that, but I'd have to experiment around with making them move backwords. Again, I don't understand what you mean by delay.
    4. Having requirements for spells is easy, but I think I would focus first on all the other aspects.
    5. Projectile? I can do that, but it was not requested.
    6. Its hard to add the swirly effects without actually having the potion effect

19. Offline

TheFluffey

@ Potioneffects - It can be done, but it is very hard, so yea... Put it on hold.

Delay - Lets say I cast lumos. If I have a delay of 60, I will not be able to cast lumos for 1 minute.... SO you cannot spam spells. Basically, It delays your ability to use the spell again, so you will be able to use it, have 30 seconds of light, and then it will be gone. You will have to wait an additional 30 seconds (30+30 = 60 ) until you can cast.

Like Stupefy -- 60 seconds -- can cast again.

20. Offline

Iron_Crystal

Oh, ok.

Hey, guys? I just took a look at the mig_B's request and he has a different use for accio. What should it do?

21. Offline

TheFluffey

I like Mig_B's for the reason that spawning items could be exploited easily even with a delay... Accio is meant to bring items closer to you, but I wouldn't like them to just spawn to your hands... I would rather the player pull (Mig_B's).

22. Offline

Iron_Crystal

Well, he wanted accio to pull Players closer to you, which is different. If you want nearby items to come to you, then I could easily use the player.getNearbyEntities() with a configurable distance of teleport them to the player so that they instantly pick them up.

23. Offline

TheFluffey

That would be better. But can you also draw all nearby mobs to you (Configurable distance).

24. Offline

Iron_Crystal

I could do that too. Just tell me. Do you want items or player/mobs?

25. Offline

TheFluffey

Also for expelliarmus could you make it so that the item is taken from the player, and it flies a few blocks away (So they don't pick it right back up)

Sorry for the additional and changed request, but you could make spells toggle-able in config and have an accio-classic. This would draw items from nearby chests to your inventory (That way, it doesn't draw dropped items, which despawn). Also, it can draw these items through walls. You can configure the area in blocks to search around the player for chests with items in them.

26. Offline

Iron_Crystal

Ok. I am a little confused.

You want to toggle accio to have accio-classic. What else would it toggle with? You only gave one possiblility.

You want to take items from chests? I'm not sure if I can....It would be much easier to get items from the ground.

27. Offline

TheFluffey

The only problem is that if I was to want to take items from the ground they will despawn quickly (5 minutes). For example, I want to make a server where you need to gather things and talk to an NPC to complete a quest. So, Accio-Classic would be an additional and separate spell from Accio. It would take all items from nearby chests for 2 seconds (Because it is going to have many players, I want to use an unlimited items in chest plugin. Therefore, only 2 seconds of gathering items, then it stops searching, and you can cast again after the delay). Then the players could complete the quest.

28. Offline

Iron_Crystal

Ok, I'll have to see what I can do. In a few minutes I will be posting what the plugin will do when I am done, because there has been a lot added.

29. Offline

xchilly38x

i dont even know who fluffey is but he seems to know what to do and i like his ideas

Oh also the glowstone block made from lumos should not last forever it should last for a certain period of time

30. Offline

Iron_Crystal

TheFluffey
    xchilly38x
    Mig_B

This is what I believe the plugin should do. Please correct me if I am wrong or missing something

Lumos: places a glowstone at the place you are looking at. -Done!
    -Needs to dissapear after configurable time.

Avada Kedavra: Kills the enemy. -Done!

Episkey: Heals the player from 2-3 hearts

Incendio: Puts the block your looking at on fire -Done!

Accio: Pulls the player/mobs/items on ground/items in chest closer to you.

Or

Accio - to spawn a random object/block into the players hand

Expelliamus: Disarm the player by throwing it down on the ground and throwing it behind them a few blocks.

Reducto: Destroys the block your pointing at.

Wingardium Leviosa: Supports a player by glass letting him flying in the air.
    Possible?? Don't Know.

Petrificus Totalus: Stops the player from moving for 15 seconds
    Ended up giving them the slow potion effect, so kinda done.

Stupefy: Damages the player 3 hearts

Or

Stupefy - knocks back targeted player a configurable amount of blocks

FerraVerto: Turns the animal your looking into glass for 10 seconds
    Possible??

Crucio - Poison effect

Notes:

-I need to figure out how to do the delay time.
    -I think I know how to get items out of chests, but haven't tried.