Inactive [GEN/MISC] Teams v1.2 - Manage competitions the easier way. [1.2.5-R3.0]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Norbo11, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Offline

Norbo11

Jdwede likes this.
  2. Offline

Plague

approved

3. Offline

Cuzyoo

Is it possible to add the feature for showing the team in a prefix?
    And could you add the feature that players can invite on the own team new members?
    Nice Plugin, btw!

4. yeah make them have a prefix or like a color that their name is written in. those could be good additions. looks nice i will download this and use it for hunger games :D.

EDIT: i get this error:
    Code:
    16:07:48 [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins\Teams.jar' in folder 'plugins'
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidPluginException: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError
    : com/github/Norbo11/Teams : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.j
    ava:150)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.
    java:305)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager
    .java:230)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:207)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.reload(CraftServer.java:541)
            at org.bukkit.Bukkit.reload(Bukkit.java:182)
            at org.bukkit.command.defaults.ReloadCommand.execute(ReloadCommand.java:
    22)
            at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:16
    6)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:4
    73)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchServerCommand(CraftServer.
    java:469)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.b(MinecraftServer.java:596)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:565)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:449)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:492)
    Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/github/Norbo11/Teams : Un
    supported major.minor version 51.0
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
            at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(Unknown Source)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
            at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.
    java:41)
    java:29)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
            at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
    ava:139)
            ... 13 more

5. Offline

Chaz42

This is awesome! And i agree with the people above me, It needs Prefixes.
    But i do think that these commands should be added, (If possible)

/team invite (player)
    /team leave (team name)
    /team join (team name) [Only if you are invited]

For the permissions, something like:

teams.user
    (which would include the commands)

/team invite (player)
    /team leave (team name)
    /team create (team name)
    /team join (team name)

If these could be added, This would fully replace Factions.
    I would be so grateful. I'm sick of Power, claiming, raiding, and just plain chat spam.
    Please get back to me if this is possible. :)

6. Offline

Norbo11

Thanks for all your feedback guys ;)

As far as prefixes go, this was actually a planned feature since the start, you can check the team files to see that I included a TAG option in there that isn't actually used yet. I didn't add the feature because I wasn't so sure as to how to go about doing it, but I will try to think of something.

In regards to /team invite - I will most likely add a config file for the plugin, so you can specify if you want already added members to add other members or not. I won't use a /team join command though as that is unnecessary - you can be in multiple teams at once anyways, and the members don't even have to represent real players.

Also, a permission node for teams.create already exists, Chaz42 :)

dwade20dwade:
    I am fairly sure that your error is to do with the Java version that your server is running. Please update to Java 7 to solve your errors. Also make sure you are using the 1.2.5-R1.0 recommended build.

7. Offline

MrS4Mz

Nice! :D

You should add in also a teamchat for each team... that would be cool. So they can switch to say global (/gc) to talk/taunt other teams, then switch back to their team chat (/tc).

8. Offline

teetor

Is this for PVP?

9. Offline

Norbo11

Okay I have a pretty good idea on how to do all the stuff you guys request, but the plugin needs a heavy re-write first. The code is a mess and I can't add any new features until I do a re-write. However I am currently working on another plugin which is a higher priority than this, so the re-write will have to wait (1-2 weeks, depending on the amount of free time I have). I will eventually add all these features though - it will also give some more time for others to suggest even more features! :)

10. Offline

MidasValo

Norbo11, I've been looking for this type of plugin for a long time! Thanks for making it!!
    If its alright, I would also like to make some plausible suggestions/thoughts because I think this plugin is EPIC:

- A Scoreboard (say, pressing and holding the tilde key)
    - Also make single player stats
    - Reset scores function (ex. /team reset all, /team reset <team>)
    - Delete all teams (ex. /team delete all)
    - A message broadcaster of the winners
    - A configurable reward system for the winners/places? (maybe a little harder to program?)
    - Easy point giving system (ex. Assign teams to 1-9/etc., press a team number, then press the + key on your keyboard to add points to that team (- to subtract) and it will auto tally on the Scoreboard/chart) -> I really like this one...

I also like the above mentioned chat, prefix, and permissions ideas. -Not trying to overload you, but I am so stoked about your idea!! Thanks again!

11. Offline

Norbo11

1. Impossible. I could only think of spout which I will not be getting into for this simple plugin.
    2. Not sure what you mean by that?
    3. Possible, expect next version.
    4. Possible, expect next version.
    5. You mean a timed one, or a command that displays it? Possible, expect next version.
    6. I don't want to get into that. You can give out the rewards yourself - this plugin just records the points/members.
    7. Impossible.

So yeah, all these features are most likely going to be added once I get around to doing the re-write.
    I am also going to change the system a little bit, you will be able to put teams into "groups", that way you can manage different groups of teams for different events/purposes. Still taking more feature requests, once I get to do the re-write, I don't want to have to make any more significant changes to the code.

12. Offline

MidasValo

Cool. Thanks for responding quickly to my post. About the list:

1. True, that's probably changing the games code instead.
    2. Sorry, I meant posting individual player scores inside a team. (Perhaps its easiest to assign 1 person per team instead?)
    for instance:

Team Fruitflies: 530
    Buzzy: 100
    Flypaper: 300
    Brightlights: 130

3. Sweet.
    4. Sweet again.
    5. Optional timed and/or command prompt.
    6. Fair enough :)
    7. Understood. -Spouty stuff, right?

-I like the idea of grouping teams. I think you're wise to build your plugin around solidified features instead of having to implement afterthoughts.

When a player/admin types /team list will it list just their names or will it post their names+scores? If that were possible, that would basically be a scoreboard (not requiring Spout). -Could that work?

So perhaps:
    /team sc all - lists (shows to all on server) all teams+scores
    /team sc <team> - lists specified team's score
    /team scp all - lists all teams+total and individual player scores
    /team scp <team> - lists specified teams score plus individual player scores (like team Fruitflies)

13. Offline

resistedz

So I need to get Java SE 7 in order for this plugin to work?

14. Offline

Zeroth

This is cool and totally useful! Can I make a suggestion?
    During the chaos of a large event, setting points is probably really hard with those long commands... I would try something like this to replace the addpoints, subtractpoints, and setpoints commands:

For setting points:
    /team points [team name] = [value]
    For adding:
    /team points [team name] + [value]
    For subtracting:
    /team points [team name] - [value]

15. Offline

Norbo11

MidasValo

/team list just shows names at the moment, but I will make it show points also.
    I don't think I'll get into individual score points for different members. I don't see any easy way of keeping track of that, and it's not that necessary. If you really need to track player's individual scores you can just make a team for each of them.

resistedz

Yes, I don't see why you wouldn't want it anyway ;P

Zeroth

You can use the aliases i provided. '/team ap teamname value' is even easier than '/team points teamname + value'

16. Offline

MidasValo

Cool.

The only other thing that I could think of so far, which would probably just be a bonus feature, would be to post scores to the web.

Thanks for hearing me out on everything :)

17. Offline

migsthegod

Maybe 1 small feature addition?

/team tpall - teleports whole team to you? (op/admin permission) :)

18. Offline

BlackHatGuy

I got the same error as dwade20dwade and I updated to Java SE 7 (I thought I already had it), and it still didn't work. Maybe i'm downloading the wrong thing? Can you gave me a link to what i need to download? (and yes i am using the correct recommended build)

19. Offline

Norbo11

Just updating to Java 7 wont work. You actually have to run your server in a Java 7 enviroment, which is specified in your .bat file which you use to run your server.

Read this to see what to put in your bat file: http://wiki.bukkit.org/Setting_up_a_server

20. Offline

BlackHatGuy

It worked! Thank you!

21. Offline

Bloodie_eye

I don;t get the folder with the config file why? and its doesen't work why??

22. Offline

Norbo11

You really need to provide more info that that. What RB are you using? What Java are you running? Post the error from the console?

23. Offline

Bloodie_eye

i havve java 64 bit and a 64 bit Bukkit server and it doesen't work

24. Offline

Norbo11

That's still not nearly enough info for me to help you at all... Post the error message, state if youre using Java 6/7, and make sure youre actually running the server in those environments in your .bat file. I cant help you if you cant help yourself.

25. Offline

Bloodie_eye

i have java 6 and i don't see an error message

26. Offline

Norbo11

You need to use Java 7. That's the only thing I can tell you from the information you're giving me. If you're not getting an error message, at least says what's going on, "doesn't work" isn't very descriptive.

27. Offline

Chaz42

Hey, I'm greatly excited for the new features if you are doing them!

If you are, Hows the re-write going?

Keep me posted on this!

28. Offline

Norbo11

I am extremely busy with another plugin at the moment (which will be awesome, btw) so I can't spend much time on this. But don't worry, I haven't forgotten, and I will eventually do it. No ETA atm though.

29. im still getting this and i am running java7

Code:
    16:07:48 [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins\Teams.jar' in folder 'plugins'
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidPluginException: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError
    : com/github/Norbo11/Teams : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
    ava:150)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.
    java:305)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager
    .java:230)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:207)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.reload(CraftServer.java:541)
            at org.bukkit.Bukkit.reload(Bukkit.java:182)
            at org.bukkit.command.defaults.ReloadCommand.execute(ReloadCommand.java:
    22)
            at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:16
    6)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:4
    73)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchServerCommand(CraftServer.
    java:469)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.b(MinecraftServer.java:596)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:565)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:449)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:492)
    Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/github/Norbo11/Teams : Un
    supported major.minor version 51.0
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
            at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(Unknown Source)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
            at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
    java:41)
    java:29)
            at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
            at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
    ava:139)
            ... 13 more

30. Offline

Norbo11

Same thing as to the other guy:

Just updating to Java 7 wont work. You actually have to run your server in a Java 7 enviroment, which is specified in your .bat file which you use to run your server.

Read this to see what to put in your bat file: http://wiki.bukkit.org/Setting_up_a_server