[ADMIN] ChunkMaster - The new Chunkster

Discussion in 'WIP and Development Status' started by Tux2, Apr 19, 2012.

?

What name would you prefer?

1. ChunkMaster

86.5%
  2. Blacksmith

13.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Tux2

I don't know exactly where to put this, since it's not really a plugin, yet a utility. Since chunkster has gone unmaintained me and my team (Pinoy Gamers Dev Team) have picked up the reigns and are writing a brand new "Chunkster" for the Anvil format. The internal name is called "Blacksmith", although some of us are calling it "ChunkMaster". What we need is your corrupted anvil world files! Upload them to a dropbox, or some file sharing service and we will download them and start working on getting the tool perfected!

Expected Features:
    • Removal of bad chunks
    • Removal of specific entities
    • Removal of all entities
    • On the fly repair of files as a plugin in bukkit (maybe)
    What we need from you:
    All your corrupted Anvil file format worlds so we can test our plugin on them! (yes, we will send fixed world files back!) Upload them to dropbox, mediafire, etc. and send us a link. Once we get it to a point where it is fixing most errors without throwing errors itself we will release a beta for all of you to test and report back on.

Progress:
    We have enough corrupted worlds for the moment! We are now working on processing them and optimising our code to work with all of them.

bdot.02 and Jay101 like this.
  2. Offline

ZachBora

I'll see if I still got the corrupted file.

3. Offline

bobsnox

Nice!

Blacksmith sounds good.

4. Offline

jackkiej

chunkmaster sounds better ;)

curlyfries1999 likes this.
  5. Offline

ZachBora

Advertizing-wise chunkmaster is better because Blacksmith doesn't relate as much to the product you would expect to get from such a name. There's also the Search that would be messed up with Blacksmith because people would search more often with keyword "chunk" then "smith" to get a chunk repair tool.

6. i support this !

7. Offline

Psyc0lops

i have a 900~mb world you can test with, ill PM you once i have it available for download.

Tux2 likes this.
  8. Offline

godhex

yes my world its big to im goimg to upload to dropbox and send the pm to you

9. Offline

Tux2

Awesome guys! The more worlds we can test our plugin with the better! We already have one world that was sent in that we are tweaking the plugin with (it has some pretty bad corruption in it), but we would like to see other forms of corruption so that we can correct those as well.

10. Offline

godhex

:) ziping :)

ok i send it to you by PM in bukkitdev, but if you whant give me your email.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2016
  11. Offline

Tux2

I didn't get it, are you sure you hit the send button? If you want to send it via email you can send the link to thetux2 [at] gmail [dot] com.

12. Offline

hungoverfurball

Uploading a 1.06gb zipped map. Will link as soon as its done i hope you can find the corrupt chunks in it and hopefully fix them :)

13. Offline

GameCharmer

Tux2, what map size are you able to handle?

After the default MC converter failed, it bloated my map director to 80.1GB...

14. Offline

Tux2

80GB! Wow! If you can find a place to upload it send me a link and we'll take a look at it. We won't be able to send it back to you, but we will send you the copy of ChunkMaster that we used to fix the errors. Unless of course it brings it back down to a normal size.

15. Offline

GameCharmer

It's back up to 85% complete again, with only about a dozen or so errors. If it fails to complete this time around, I'll 7z the crap out of it and upload it to my web server for download. :)

The map was around 45GB or so before MC started it's conversion, so I'm assuming that MC waits for the conversion to complete before purging the old copy.

16. Offline

Tux2

Ah, that would make sense. If you read the technical reference on how it converts to the new anvil format you would see that it never actually deletes the old region files and just keeps them there in case you want to revert back or something. Once your map converts you can safely delete all the mcr files.

17. Offline

GameCharmer

Awesome! Thanks Tux2, I didn't know that. That will be my top priority once this thing calms down. :)

18. Offline

hungoverfurball

Sent you a pm on bukkit dev with our map :)

19. Offline

Tux2

No problem. :) I do tech support for a Minecraft hosting company and the conversion to the new anvil format was making all the clients run out of room on their vps's because they didn't know that minecraft kept all the mcr files! (I don't even remember how many support tickets we got about minecraft servers not starting up...)
    Got it! I'm downloading it right now. :)

20. Offline

vander_fr

Can we have an estimate date for a realise ?

21. Offline

Tux2

It will be released when ready, just like the CraftBukkit releases.

22. Offline

GameCharmer

The conversion finally completed successfully! I purged all MCR files and everything seems to be working just fine.

Thanks Tux2!

23. Offline

Tux2

No problem! I'm glad to know that everything is working out for you now. :D

24. Offline

MascoTJ

I think that my minecraft server world is corrupted when a biome changes there is usually a 10 block drop or rise and sometimes there will be a mountain cut in half. I have uploaded the zipped file. If you need any more information then just message me.

http://uploading.com/files/get/178am172/

25. Offline

chazus

Please send me a message at robotarms (at) g mail (dot) com. I'm sure I have 500+ maps with bad chunks, as I provide it as a service. Chunkster was fantastic, until Anvil came out. Now fixing is a much more manual process.

26. Offline

Tux2

Wow, 500+ maps huh? We'll be sure to clue you in when we have a working alpha that's for sure! We just can't accept 500+ maps to review with the program right now.

27. Offline

bdot.02

I can't wait for this tool to be released :)

28. Offline

thernztrom

This sounds promising! An replacement for Chunkster with support for the anvil map format is really needed.

29. Offline

Psybertech

One of our main worlds has a Chunk Error and it looks like there is not a current release. Do you have a bETA release for testing or can I make a link available to you for download still?

30. Offline

Kainzo

Tux2 would love to help you with corrupted files - the issues here are...
    The map file is 2GB large... unable to currently upload that heh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.