[ADMN / SEC] Protect Block. Protect the Blocks you place. [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by yianni000, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Offline

RinoDrummer

You can add the Factions support. If a faction isn' ally, neutral or pacific with another, them will be griefable only for the opposing factions!

2. Offline

Oster200

i found a bug...Protect Block turns on every time you log in no matter what you set it too false or true

3. But how do i add friends??

4. Offline

gbsn

Man it works fine!, Very fine in fact! Please, dont make it complicated like ownblocks or watchblocks. It is very, very fine like it is.

I have only one request, so i can start donate. It has some way to discover who was the owner of a block ive tried to break?
    So ppl in my server that puts blocks on chest, making it not usefull to the owner, easy to discover!? Thanks!

In fuction of my bad english, ask what you did not understand!

5. Offline

yianni000

Great, thanks for the feedback :). I can change the message that appears, every time you break a protected block, to something like: You can't destroy [Player Name] 's block!

You find the FriendsList.yml, open it and add the names of people who you want to be your friends under subheading of your name. I don't like it at the moment. It'll be cleaner/easier/simpler in the next update and you'll be able to edit your friends list in-game.:)

Great! I'll make sure that it's fixed for v1.2 :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  6. Offline

re4397

Put on dev (dev.bukkit.org)

7. Offline

theonlymongi

Absolutely great! The friends list is the unique feature here. My server uses OwnBlocks very heavily, and if you can implement in-game friends list editing, and MySql saving.. I'll completely change over my protection to this. And I could donate ;)

8. Offline

yianni000

Great, thanks for the feedback :D ! I'm working on how to make the friends list system as user friendly as possible, which is taking some time. I need to see about how I could make Protect Block MySQL compatible, but there's nothing to say that it won't happen :).

9. Offline

keyboardblazer

Will blocks you place still be protected when you turn protect block off? Or does it permanently protect certain blocks you place

10. Offline

yianni000

Hi,
    Just to clarify, the only blocks that are protected are the ones that you physically place when you have turned Protext Block on. So, ensure that you turn Protect Block on before you start to build to build or else your blocks could be destroyed by someone else :-O .
    Anyways, thanks for the question!

yianni000

11. Offline

xsolar66

There used to be a plugin called "OwnBlocks" or something which essentially did exactly the same thing - so it is fantastic to see this is being continued!

12. Offline

SateleRevan

I have a quick question, Someone on my server got banned and the message on the server.log says:

What does this mean that they are registered with Protect Block? Does this mean they tried to break a block? I assumed that Protect Block would only make it so they can't break the block rather than banning them. If there is some list of people who will be automatically banned where is this list and why are they on it?

I'd rather be in control of who gets banned and if they do get banned there has to be a good reason for it, If they got banned on another server I don't feel it should mean that they automatically get banned elsewhere (As there can be many reasons why someone would get banned, some of which aren't always fair) or at least a way to turn this function off.

13. Offline

GaMeouT

Update whit this please!!: " You can enable Protect Block when people join your server "

14. Offline

yianni000

Hi,
    I'm afraid that the said player did not get banned because of Protect Block. The ' ****** is registered with Protect Block ' bit just means that the players blocks will be protected. It appears that the said player must have logged on for the first time with Protect Block, and then got banned (by a mod/admin or another plugin) soon after. Protect Block has no feature that bans any players!

I hope that this has cleared that up for you.

yianni000

15. Offline

SateleRevan

Thanks, That's good to know. It wasn't a moderator as I was the only one on so I'll have a look at my other plugins to see if I can find out what did it. It just appeared as if protect block did it because it happened at the same time.

16. Offline

yianni000

That's ok,
    I would be a bit confused as well if I saw that, it is a little misleading. The ban plugin might MCBans, if you have that installed.

17. Offline

NEREVAR117

This plugin is amazing. It's simple to use but very effective. I like how you included basic config options to not rely on permissions and to have it off by default upon start. Great work!

Edit: Actually, there is a bug I found. If a user places a -protected- block and removes it, they then always 'own' that spot. If another user places their -protected- block in that spot, the first user can still break it.

Edit: Second bug. 'ProtectBlockIsEnabledOnLogin: false' doesn't work. It still turns on by default.

raveious likes this.
  18. Offline

Shaohs

Well good
    I just hope when I make my server people will only grief in the griefing area

19. Offline

brinaq

Please add permissions bukkit nodes and tnt and fire protection! thanks!

20. Offline

Morlanius

Has this been addressed, as in, a method added when a block is removed to remove those cords from the db?

21. Offline

yianni000

Hi,

In version 1.2 (next one) that bug will have been fixed. The 'IsEnabledOnLogin' bug has also been fixed. V1.2 is currently going through some bug testing, and will then be released.

yianni000

22. 2 things...
    First , long command.
    Second , what if someone builds around ur building with protected blocks.

23. Offline

yianni000

Hi,
    1. Yeah it is a long command, granted.
    2. If someone does build around your house, then ask an Op or someone with permission, to remove the protected blocks. There isn't much I can do, programming wise, to stop that. Sorry.
    yianni000

24. Offline

SateleRevan

Every time I restart my server whether I stop it, then start it or do a restart the blocks that were protected become no longer protected. How do I fix this issue?

25. Offline

yianni000

Hi,
    What version of Protect Block are you using? Also how do you stop/restart your server? Do you use the commands /stop /reload?
    yianni000

26. Offline

SrThiagoROX

Very good, if youkeep improving andupdatingthe plugin, itissimplythe best,because allpluginsprotectionautomaticallyceasesto be desired! :D
    Try the next update, put a list of configurable blocks automatically protected.

27. Offline

yianni000

Great, thanks for the feedback :D .
    When you say blocks that are automatically protected, do you mean blocks that are placed by a player? Or blocks that already exist in the world (that you don't want to be destroyed)?

yianni000

28. Offline

GaMeouT

I use the last version and..

[18:11:37] Herobrine: 2012-05-19 18:14:32 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PlayerInteractEvent to ProtectBlock
    org.bukkit.event.EventException
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:303)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:62)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:459)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:177)
    at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.interact(ItemInWorldManager.java:287)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:636)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet15Place.handle(SourceFile:39)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:229)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:113)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(NetworkListenThread.java:78)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:558)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:450)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:492)
    Caused by: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 868104, Size: 685851
    at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(ArrayList.java:604)
    at java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:382)
    at com.yianni000.ProtectBlock.BBADBevents.isProtected(BBADBevents.java:361)
    at com.yianni000.ProtectBlock.BBADBevents.onPlayerUse(BBADBevents.java:134)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor33.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:301)
    ... 12 more

29. Offline

SrThiagoROX

When a player puts a block, that he not be automatically protected
    As dirt, gravel, sand, grass ..
    configurable so that the adiministrador can configure the blocks to be protected automatically or not!

30. Offline

yianni000

Oh, ok. Sounds good, added to list for Version 1.3
    :D