essentials warps and warp signs

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by meowkittie, May 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

meowkittie

How can I work it out to make it so a player can use a warp sign, but cant do /warp to get to that same warp. Example:

I want a player to be able to do /warp spawn, so i give them essentials.warp.spawn. I want them to be able to use a warp sign to the warp titled tutorial, but don't want to allow them to do /warp tutorial. Apparently this doesnt work because if i dont give them essentials.warp.tutorials, they cant use the sign, but if i do give them this permission, they can now do /warp toturials, which i dont want to allow.

I have tried everything btu can't get around this. any help would be appreciated :cool:

2. Offline

Bluerooste42

Give them the permission node "essentials.signs.use.warp".
    It'll let them use all [Warp] signs, but not /warp warpname.
    Do not give them "essentials.warp"

Hope this helps.

3. Offline

ashley

maybe you could use another warp plugin just for this one
    that allows commandsign inut from everyone but not from command /warp tutorial

4. Offline

meowkittie

Giving only essentials.signs.warp doesn't solve the problem though. I want players to be able to do /warp to get to some places so I need to give them essentials.warp.

ashley
    do you know of any good, lightweight warp plugins? I was looking to do this but it seemed like every up to date plugin that includes warps was another version of essentials that will also inlude 1,000 other functions I don't want. I just want one that has only warp signs

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2016
  5. Offline

Bluerooste42

You said you don't want them to /warp tutorial in the OP.
    Then you said you want them to be able to use /warp to get to some places, so I assume you want them to be able to /warp to everywhere except /warp tutorial.

You could manually configure permissions for everything to be
    "essentials.warp.warpname" for every single warp you have, or you could do this (Not sure if it works, haven't tested.):

Give players "essentials.warp.*" AND "-essentials.warp.tutorial" (Assuming your permission plugin supports using the "-node". If you use GroupManager (What I use), it should work like that.

6. Offline

ashley

meowkittie ofcourse i can
    here is one i think will suite youre needs !
    EDIT : plugin was not released yet searching ofr other one

meowkittie likes this.
  7. Offline

meowkittie

alright, i will check back in later and download it if you find one. Thanks for the help

8. Offline

ashley

9. Offline

Bluerooste42

Never mind, ashley found a better one.
    Perhaps this one?
    It costs items, but I suppose you could set it to cost 0 items, or make it something worthless like dirt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.