[ADMN/SEC] VanishNoPacket 3.14.2 - Invisibility made easy! [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by mbaxter, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Offline

axebyte

Sadly the -nodename doesnt work, for this plugin so the ranks with * are apparently stuck with this, or you have to add every single command node from every plugin you have. (aint going to happen for me)

in the previous version the -vanish.effects.lightning worked fine, this one it doesnt seem to work.

My question is why is all this added lightning fire and Thor nonesense is getting put into this great Vanish plugin? It does what it suppose to great! makes you invis to spy on and catch cheaters, i dont see why all the added unneeded glitter. Anychance you offer a stripped down version of this? like"
    -Vanishnopacket (it makes you invisiable)
    -Vanishnopacketglitter (makes you invisable and blow up stuff make noise?)
    Or if the -vanish.effects.lightning would work again i suppose thats okay as well. But for the few ranks that i have set to * to not have to make a list of 400+ nodes under one or two ranks.. (and yes a decent few use * on upper ranks specially owners)

2. Offline

danicorpse

Mine works fine.

Owner:
    default: false
    info: []
    permissions:
    - '*'
    - multihome.*
    - -vanish.effects.lightning
    - -vanish.effects.explode
    - -vanish.effects.smoke

3. Offline

ReganMackin

Why cant you edit blocks.......

4. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

Trust me, negating the node works fine. Lots of folks are doing it quite successfully. Talk with the people behind your permissions management plugin. They will know how to help.

Because you have given yourself the vanish.nointeract node. Read the permissions documentation and only assign nodes you want :) http://vanishnopacket.github.com/

5. Offline

dannyflame11

6. Offline

supergerm001

i don't know if this suppose to happen but i cant break blocks when im in vanish am i doing something wrong

7. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

You won't be able to break blocks if you've set yourself in nointeract mode. Read the documentation :)

8. Offline

xenomorph6

hi on one of the updated vanish things when i log on i get hit by lightning :/ and every time i use ./vanish i get hit again how do i turn this off ?

9. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

The better question is why did you turn it on to begin with?

Check out the permissions documentation and only assign yourself the nodes you need :) http://vanishnopacket.github.com/

Sayshal likes this.
  10. Offline

MRpalkia00

cant i make it easyer to like true and false stuff?

11. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you're asking.

12. Offline

ReganMackin

I forgot to reply to say I fixed hehe

13. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

Good to hear it :)

14. Offline

MRpalkia00

like lightning: true/false and explosions: true/false :p

15. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

Much more flexible to enable it with permission nodes. :)

16. Offline

xBlueXFoxx

I don't believe operators can't disable the annoying effects without having to enter the command every time they join.. Also I support his suggestion of adding config options for it, it's much easier to control via config rather than permissions. (or both.)

17. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

Ops don't get the effects nodes. If you have the nodes then you've granted them on yourself. Check this post for more info http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/vanish/forum/37410-explode-lightning-read-me-first/#p1

18. Offline

xBlueXFoxx

I like having the "*" node, it makes it much easier to set things up. I see you stated that you are not willing to introduce a config line for it, but a lot of people want the "*" node without having to deal with the lightning, it may not be good practice, but it makes setting up permissions a lot easier instead of having to enter a bunch of permissions for OP's. In my case, I have to go to every plugins web page, gather the needed permissions just to end up having to rewrite the whole admin section of my permissions file just to compensate for this 1 plugin.

19. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

You should consider reading the "But I need a * node!" section of the post I linked

20. Offline

xenomorph6

i dint i updated vanish then i started getting hit by lightning but dont worry i fixed it now

21. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

My point was that if you get lightning then you have enabled it on yourself. It comes disabled. ;)

22. Offline

Monstercat99

How the heck do you make it so there is NO lighting and NO explode for a rank, and why do you even have that? dont you use this plugin to spy on griefers? why explode and lighting? It is just a 'why' moment...

SOMEONE HELP PLEASE THIS IS SO FLUFFING ANNOYING

23. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

24. Offline

Monstercat99

25. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

It's all right in that post :)

26. Offline

Monstercat99

wait I got it but how Do i give permission to vanish for a rank but ONLY to do /v
    [Not doing "pex group Admin+ add vanish.*]

27. Offline

xenomorph6

then i have no ide ahow it was turned on :?

28. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

Give only the nodes for vanishing. http://vanishnopacket.github.com :)

Neither do I, unfortunately. What permissions plugin do you run?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2016
  29. Offline

xenomorph6

i have pex/permissionsEX

30. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

Have you perhaps given yourself the * node?