CraftBukkit for Minecraft 1.4.5 DEVELOPMENT build is now available!

Discussion in 'Bukkit News' started by EvilSeph, Nov 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

EvilSeph

With the news that the Minecraft 1.4.5 update will be released next week Tuesday (November 20th, 2012), we've decided to push out a developer quality build (i.e. "it compiles and runs", no guarantees) to help us get to a Beta release faster. As of this post, we've shifted development over to Minecraft 1.4.5 compatibility and now have development builds available with Minecraft 1.4.5 support. While we would love to be able to do this for every Minecraft update, the speed at which we can update is determined by the size and complexity of the update and this varies with each release.

Please only use this build if you're familiar with the Minecraft snapshot process and would like to help us get a Beta Build out soon after Minecraft 1.4.5 is officially released. This build is COMPLETELY UNSUPPORTED and if you do not know how to acquire Minecraft 1.4.5 early to use it, you should not be running it. We will be deleting any questions asking how to get this usable. If you have to ask where or how to get the development build, you should NOT be running it and posts of that nature will be deleted.

Will plugins break with this build?
    Provided the developers of the plugins you are using are keeping up with the development of Bukkit, all your plugins should work fine. Unless we specifically have to break plugins or the plugins you are using are employing inappropriate practises, most plugins should work without needing an update whenever we put out a new release.

What is a Developer Build?
    A Developer build is provided AS IS and COMPLETELY UNSUPPORTED. You should only be running these builds if you are completely aware of how to properly make use of them. Support request of ANY KIND will be removed without warning. If you have to ask where or how to get the development build, you should NOT be running it and posts of that nature will be deleted.

Known Issues:
    • Torch flame graphical glitch resulting in a torch's flame flickering randomly on the screen. This is a Minecraft bug that can't be fixed by Bukkit.
    • Client displays "Unable to locate sign" debug messages under certain circumstances. This is a Minecraft client change that can't be fixed by Bukkit.

2. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

Hooray! :D

3. Offline

Sehales

Wow nice work guys!
    I will try it out...
    Will craftbukkit 1.4.4 work with 1.4.5 client too, as 1.3.1 cb with 1.3.2 client?

4. Offline

Puremin0rez

Does anyone know if the sign message was removed in 1.4.5?

5. Offline

TnT

Excellent work team.

6. Offline

resba

Good times!

7. Offline

bigbend

Doesn't 1.4.5 fix the torch flickering bug?

From the changelog: "Fixed the incorrect positions of some particles"

EDIT: Nope, still there. :( 1.4.6 anybody? :p

8. Offline

akira01

Made an account just to tell you guys that you're doing an amazing job! Keep up that good work! Haha I don't think I've seen Minecraft get updated so many times in such a short period

leiger and Tooner101 like this.
  9. Offline

LiLChris

Wow already. :eek:

10. Offline

HappyPikachu

You guys are fast! Thanks again, but make sure to take breaks often!

11. Offline

EvilSeph

Yes. Everything important is covered in the first post.

SageVictoriuos likes this.
  12. Boom da ba! Thanks guys, I started to sweat a little there when I read the announcement for the next patch. I know Mojang is doing their best, and so is bukkit, but as a server admin its always a pain to explain to people that they need to not press the "update" button until the server can be properly updated to match. None the less great job guys, can't wait to see the results of your hard work.

tikistand5525 likes this.
  13. Offline

tikistand5525

Do we think that the next full Minecraft update (1.5) will be far enough away for us to get a beta or recommended build together? This might allow for a good checkpoint for plugin developers to catch up with the latest version.

Also, I apologize if I'm out of date or missed something, but is there another document for us to see which plugins are compatible? This would be extremely helpful!

14. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

99% of plugins that worked previously will still work on 1.4. Those that don't should make it very obvious when you start the server (and they crash).

bstewar6 likes this.
  15. Offline

ThaSourceGaming

Good work as always, even though new updates are rollin in im not gonna hate.

16. Offline

tikistand5525

mbaxter Okay, I was hoping that would be the case, since it's been that way for the past couple builds :).

Thank you to everyone at Bukkit who graciously work hard on this great project!!

17. Offline

Praqoon

Keep up the good work Bukkit. :D

Hopefully soon things *might* stabalize... but i doubt it.

18. Offline

uali85

Wow another update and you guys are quick!:p im still on my 1.4.2 server and still using the sand dupe glitch. I developed my empire all under survival mode and continue to do so without spawning items. Also made several item farms.

I just signed up today and I want to Thank you the Dev team for all their support.

19. Sweet another update. I still have players complaining about not having a working 1.4.4 server yet though >.< yaay spawn crashes and the like. Has work on the 1.4.4 beta holted then in light of how quick the 1.4.5 updateing is ninja'ing up on us? Soi have something to paste in a thread on our forums to shut them up.

On a lighter note, Daaaaamn guys you working faaast if i could give you diamonds, i would.

20. Offline

Mackdonalds

Will there be a beta build of 1.4.4 before 1.4.5 comes out?

21. Offline

MiamiKid

Minecraft updates way to much.. They need to calm down!

22. Offline

LiLChris

I was thinking the same thing, but it might be pointless as most will just update to 1.4.5 Client to get away from bugs I wont see many staying on 1.4.4.
    Just the torch bug alone will make me want to update to what ever version is fixing that.

Let them do all the possible bug fixes now that the devs for plugins are probably sitting back waiting, then later when your stable and all your plugins are updated. ;)

23. Offline

TnT

The next Beta we will be working on is for 1.4.5.

24. Offline

emerindyl

Meanwhile I have a multiplayer server stuck in 1.42

Boo Mojang. Boo.

LegendCraftMineraft likes this.
  25. Offline

Ugpzt

Thanks. :)

26. has the "bad compressed data format" been fixed? would be nice to know...

27. Offline

TnT

Yes. If you are going to follow dev builds, at least follow the latest ones.

28. What? Torch bug isn't even fixed in 1.4.5? Thats silly... come on Mojang! If you're going to bombard us with patches, fix the most annoying ones...

Great job Bukkit team! You're really fast with the updates :)

29. Offline

kin61

Amazing... You do it so fast :)

30. Offline

x@kep

Nice news, thanks you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.