CraftBukkit 1.4.5-R0.1 is now available!

Discussion in 'Bukkit News' started by EvilSeph, Nov 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

EvilSeph

A new CraftBukkit Beta Build (1.4.5-R0.1) that provides Minecraft 1.4.5 compatibility is now available! Please only use this build if you'd like to help us get a new Recommended Build out and don't mind running a preview build to help us test things.

Will plugins break with this build?
    Provided the developers of the plugins you are using are keeping up with the development of Bukkit, all your plugins should work fine. Unless we specifically have to break plugins or the plugins you are using are employing inappropriate practises, most plugins should work without needing an update whenever we put out a new release.

What is a Beta build?
    A Beta Build is in between a developer build and a Recommended Build. These builds simply work and are promoted much more frequently than a Recommended Build. While we will do some testing before promoting a beta build, we will not be running it through our extensive test process. As such, there are no guarantees that they will not contain minor bugs. If we do find out they are broken, we will mark it as such on DLB and promote a new one. A beta build may contain incomplete API and new features but they should not interfere with running the build in any way.

Notes:
    The release of Minecraft 1.3 introduced built in auto-save functionality that is completely new to Minecraft: prior to this release, server admins had to provide their own means to save things on their server at a set interval. As a result, the vast majority of servers already have an auto-saving mechanism of some sort, rendering the newly provided built in auto-save largely redundant. On top of this, it was also immediately noticeable that the built in auto-save was the cause of a significant performance hit to the server, even going so far as to lock up the server each time it ran.

Bearing this in mind, we decided the best course of action was to make the auto-save interval configurable and default to being disabled. By doing so we immediately saw a noticeable performance increase on servers and noticed overwhelmingly positive feedback on our Beta builds. While some might argue that this could leave servers without frequent saving, this change simply reverts behaviour back to what server admins are familiar with from Minecraft 1.2.5.

As mentioned before, we have made the auto-save interval configurable and disableable within the bukkit.yml. Simply set "ticks-per.autosave" to the number of ticks you want between each save or set it to 0 to disable it completely and use a script or plugin to manage it instead.

Known Issues:
    • Torch flame graphical glitch resulting in a torch's flame flickering randomly on the screen. This is a Minecraft bug that can't be fixed by Bukkit.
    • Client displays "Unable to locate sign" debug messages under certain circumstances. This is a Minecraft client change that can't be fixed by Bukkit.
    • Monsters, villagers, etc. using portals (added in Minecraft 1.4) has been temporarily disabled.
    For more detailed information on what is contained in this update, please see the changelog here.

Download CraftBukkit 1.4.5-R0.1 here

Mister_Fix, VirusH5N1, cnaude and 6 others like this.
  2. Offline

LiLChris

*watches github like a hawk*

Thanks for this! :)

hawkfalcon likes this.
  3. Offline

TnT

Excellent work team.

Note: Support requests made in this thread will be removed without any further warning. Use Bukkit Help for assistance.

4. Offline

clutchcraft

Excellent, thanks guys!

5. Offline

np98765

Great work, Bukkit Team. You guys amaze me to no end. :)

hawkfalcon and fahrenheit646 like this.
  6. Offline

marvzzz03

YESSS! FINALLY!!! thank you developers, yall are the best!

7. Offline

RustyDagger

Awesome work guys, Such a shame there's no way to fix the torch flicker tho. But I did kind of predict it was unfix-able as well its clearly client rendering Fingers were still crossed tho as you have worked magic before :D

8. Offline

Milkywayz

Awesome work Bukkit Team :D

9. Great job Bukkit team!

10. Offline

Brendson

I'll push this information to my Server Owner. He should be happy to hear a Beta build is available.

Good work Bukkit team.

11. Offline

Technius

Nice work!

12. Offline

break2471

Great work y'all. So from what I understand, this version runs with 1.4.4 Minecraft?

13. Offline

TnT

Yes, 1.4.4 clients work with 1.4.5 servers, and 1.4.5 clients work with 1.4.4 servers.

break2471 likes this.
  14. Offline

break2471

Thank you kindly.

15. Offline

jujulogey

Good job Bukkit Team, works flawlessly!

16. Offline

user_2408

Fantastic effort folks.

The nether portal hold backs relating to entities, are those restrictions still in place?

17. Offline

EvilSeph

Yes, sorry, I forgot to mention that in the announcement. I've amended it.

user_2408 likes this.
  18. Offline

spydercanopus

You guys are actually ahead of Mojang releases! Impressive as always.

HappyPikachu likes this.
  19. Offline

john01dav

I was just testing a plugin to see if it works with 1.4.4 dev-build before adding it to my sever so i went to download the latest dev-build to test with and there it was 1.4.5 beta build updating my server now! (yes i tested it locally)

20. Offline

drtshock

Mojang has released snapshots already.. :eek:

But yeah I do love how you guys work so quickly. Great work to everyone, especially evilseph and travis :)

21. Offline

YoFuzzy3

Excellent job, great to have a beta build out before the official release.

I assume this isn't a "support" request... Just have a question regarding the bug fixed in 1.4.4 relating mob spawners having custom NBT data. I tested it with /give and the plugin SilkSpawners, it all works great. But someone on my main server placed a mob spawner and it crashed the server, I'm wondering if that's because the spawner was spawned back in 1.3.2 or the bug wasn't patched properly?

22. Offline

Ugpzt

Yeehah.......Thanks! :D

23. Offline

MackenzieW

How long will it take for the actual bukkit for 1.4.2 come out. just wondering

24. Offline

weels1566

Has the command block tp.to (x,y,z) bug been fixed were I have set it so.stand here get teleported here this has not been working for me

25. Offline

Ikx_1

Don't be silly, MackenizeW, 1.4.2 won't come, 1.4.5 has a bigger possibility.

26. Offline

Praqoon

Great work and thanks very much Bukkit! :D

27. Awesome. You are amazing.

28. Offline

Sway

Good work guys! *hands Bukkit of cookies*

29. Offline

jayfella

ok. now mojang. nnnnnnnnnno! leave that update button alone. nnnnnnnnO! no! bad mojang!

30. Offline

fire_weso

Thanks for your great work Bukkit team! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.