Windows XP Server creation problem

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by 33kingkiller, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

33kingkiller

I've been looking at the youtube tutorials on how to make a non Hamachi Minecraft server, but they all require an Ipv4 address. With Windows XP, you don't have an IP address! Can someone plz help??? [diamond] :mad: :cool:

2. Offline

TnT

XP has an IP address. You need to know the basics of system administration to run a server.

3. Offline

33kingkiller

How do you find XP's IP address?

4. Go to Start, then click run and put in cmd. Then in the console put in ipconfig. Go all the way up and it'll show you the ipv4 adress.

5. Offline

33kingkiller

I tried last time! It doesn't give a windows XP computer a ipv4 address!

6. Sorry, but if that doesn't work, then you're on your own :(

7. Offline

33kingkiller

Is there any other way?

8. Offline

Necrodoom

9. Offline

33kingkiller

10. Offline

Necrodoom

paste a screen shot of you doing the cmd.exe command.

11. ok but i dont have windows xp [​IMG]

12. Offline

Necrodoom

when the hell did i quote you?

13. Offline

hhughes134

PLEASE HELP MEEEEE
    okay so ive been trying to make a server for weeks, and im using my windows xp computer. I have made a server on a mac before so i kno how to do everything on there, but on the pc the code i have to put in from the "setting up a server" bukkit wiki doesn't work in the cmd. So when i make a run.bat file with the code in it, the cmd launches and then it just says, hit any button to exit. WTF!!! Its so frustrating and the craftbukkit.jar file is the same as before

14. Offline

tiwar

xp is kind of braindead,you need the proper drives for your networkadapter,install them and you will get an ipadress.
    if i understand your problem correct,that is..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.