Alternatives to Multiverse?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by AyshineMatt, Feb 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

AyshineMatt

I'm finding that Multiverse and Multiverse-Inventories is a bit buggy, and I'm looking for an alternative. This is because I have 9 worlds. In the Survival world, when players type /spawn and go to the spawn, their items are transferred to the Spawn world? I'm just looking for an alternative, unless you know a fix, to Multiverse because of this issue. Previously, in other versions of Multiverse, I did not have this item transferring problem.

No, this is not a duplicate post. My other posts are issuing the bug/problem. For mine, it's finding an alternative or the fix for it. My config file for Multiverse-Inventories:

My groups file for Multiverse-Inventories:

As you can see from my groups file, the Spawn world and Survival world are NOT sharing anything, as for they're in different groups.

2. Offline

Tamewolf

3. Offline

Onionbro

4. Offline

lokpique

Multiverse and Multiverse-inventories work fine, but you tell off anyone who tires to help you fix them.

I have them running with 8 maps using 4 groups... not a single issue.

BTW... read the top of the groups file... it says it all, and is probably your problem.

5. Offline

AyshineMatt

lokpique My groups look fine to me? I did the in-game command and set a group for each world, so there's no way they can be sharing anything.

6. Offline

lokpique

Did you wipe the config before using the commands... or did you try to repair your previous hand-modified version with the in-game commands...

7. Offline

AyshineMatt

lokpique

I didn't wipe the config before using the commands, niether did I have a "modified" version. I never touched the Multiverse-Inventories config file. Either way, I used @Onionbro's suggestion on MultiInv, and so far so good. I'll tell you guys if the problem occurs again however.

Ahh, problem is still occuring even with the MultiInv plugin...

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
  8. Offline

Jeyge

One thing I found on my server was that not all plugins triggered the event that the inventory plugins need to know that someone switched maps. I'm not sure if that is what you are running into but I had to prevent people from joining the spleef arena from the creative world or it would let them keep their inventory.

9. Offline

lokpique

Then guess what... it's not the inventory plugin causing this... it's just where you are seeing the result of something else not doing what it's supposed to.

10. Offline

AyshineMatt

Jeyge

I had that same problem, but fixed it. The only way they could join Spleef, was in the Spleef world, which means, they had a clean inventory. But, this occurs just by going in a portal. For example: Let's say I go in the Survival world, I have my items. Log out. Log back in, go to Spawn world, I have my items, in the Spawn world...

lokpique

So what could be the problem then? List of plugins:
    TuxTwoLib, MultiInv, GroupManager, ImageGenerator, WorldEdit, HeadGrabber, TagAPI, Buycraft, ColoredSigns, Slot_Manager, Vault, PlotMe, MobBountyReloaded, WorldGuard, TopPVP, TF2, Parkour, SurvivalGames, CoreProtect, VariableTriggers, ScheduledAnnouncer2, SuperSpleef, MobArena, findIP, Essentials, MagicCarpet, EssentialsXMPP, EssentialsProtect, EssentialsSpawn, EssentialsGeoIP, Multiverse-Core, EssentialsAntiBuild, EssentialsChat, Factions, Multiverse-SignPortals

11. Offline

lokpique

xiMatt
    Wait... so no matter where people log off, they log back in at the spawn world?

12. Offline

Jeyge

If it only happens when you log out and then back in, I remember there being a bug that would sometimes not set the starting world that you would be in when you log in. This was a really long time ago and I was able to fix it but I don't remember what the fix was.

13. Offline

AyshineMatt

lokpique

No. Let me explain again. Let's say I'm in the Spawn world. I have no items, which is correct, you shouldn't. Now, let's say I go through the Survival portal, I have my items. I log out. Log back in. While in the Survival world, I don't have my items anymore. When I type /spawn to go to the spawn world, I DO have my items.

14. Offline

lokpique

xiMatt
    Can you reproduce this if you remove ALL plugins... and only leave multiverse and the inventory plugin? (And essentials so you can warp around I guess)

15. Offline

AyshineMatt

lokpique

I tried that already. However, since I do have 30+ plugins, it takes awhile to find that actual plugin causing it.

16. Offline

lokpique

xiMatt
    So with just multiverse and the inventory plugin, you did NOT have this issue?

I'm guessing your lack of response means the problem DID NOT happen when you just had multiverse and the inventory plugin running...

which leads me to ask... why are you pointing a finger at multiverse-inventories and spending this much time trying to fix it... when my guess is you have already proven it is NOT the issue...

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
  17. Offline

Gallion

^This one.

I used to have issues with all the separate inventory plugins out there when I used this one... and this was long ago. We're talking about a year ago. Can't believe they still haven't fixed it if it's still the case.
    So I have been using CommandSigns with /*mvtp yourworld instead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.