SkyBlock Warriors

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by WizardCM, May 16, 2013.

1. Offline

WizardCM

[​IMG]
    Category: Fun

SkyBlock Warriors? What?
    SkyBlock Warriors is a fairly new PvP gamemode where 4 or 8 teams start on mirrored SkyBlock islands, and have to collect resources & kill the players on other islands.

Suggested Commands
    • /sw - list all the commands
    • /sw join [arena] - join a SB Warriors arena
    • /sw leave - leave a game
    • /sw list [arena] - list all the players and their teams
    • /sw team [team] - switch teams before a game begins
    • /sw start [arena] - admin override to begin a match
    • /sw stop [arena] - admin override to
    • /sw rebuild [arena] - if server crashed mid-match, admin override to restore the map
    • /sw board [on/off] - player can turn off the side scoreboard if they want
    • /sw vote - if player count in lobby is less than 8, players could run this to vote for a match to begin anyway - then the plugin would only split players into 3 or 2 teams instead of the normal four
    • /sw arenas - list all available arenas, and their state (empty, waiting or playing)
    • /sw settp [color/lobby] - set teleport/warp points for each team and the lobby
    • /sw tp [color/lobby] - ability to teleport to each point to test
    • /sw reload - config reload command
    Each command would need its own permission too, of course.

Suggested Functionality/Features
    • multiple arenas, in the same world - but doesn't have to be in the first version
    • schematic based undo - the arena isn't big enough for a full world restore
    • team colours - red, blue, green & yellow for 4 teams
    • side scoreboard - could just list other teams still alive, or a list of players in other teams, with colours
    • possibly a timer (would't have to be in early version)
    • lobby where players wait for more players to join
    • join/status sign wall - wouldn't have to be in early versions
    • use the config to: set a certain world to be the 'arena' world, set the maximum amount of arenas, choose how many teams are allowed per arena, include the name of the schematic used for arenas, whether to broadcast an arena win globally, whether the side scoreboard is enabled, and whether players can chose their teams or if it's random
    • schematic loader would need to be based on the schematics provided in the links below
    • messages file to customize messages (join, leave, win, message prefix) - for messages with dynamic strings use {stringName} as the format
    The two maps available for this are for 4 teams or 8 teams(2 people per team).

[​IMG]

Note: this map/gamemode was not my idea, I just believe it's interesting enough to get some attention and have a plugin developed for it - I do not take any credit for the idea itself, only the suggested commands/features of the plugin.

firecopy likes this.
  2. Offline

Burnett1

Seems very interesting. I will attempt it, not promising anything right now though.

Making items in chest configurable but i need some defaults and amounts for side chest and middle chest.

WizardCM
    How much of each item do you want in the start chest/side chest/middle chest?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2016
    AwesomeJames221 and WizardCM like this.
  3. Offline

WizardCM

I myself have not looked at what the items are/how many items there are, so I'd say download both maps and use them in Creative to check? I'd do it myself, but I have Uni until later today. If you don't get a chance within the next 4 hours I will check myself. Also, thanks for being willing to do this. :)
    Edit: Details below

4 TEAMS

On island (one per island)
    [​IMG]

Center of map (one per map)
    [​IMG]

Outer chests (one per island)
    [​IMG]

8 TEAMS

On island (one per island)
    [​IMG]

Center of map (one per map)
    [​IMG]

Outer chests (one per island)
    [​IMG]

4. Offline

BotteledCacti

I had this plugin in mind for a reaaaallly long time but were to lazy to do it. If you do this Burnett1 I will love you for ever. Also, it would be kinda cool to join via a portal (End/Nether) Also it would be awesome with a lot of fireworks, that makes it look pro.

5. Offline

Burnett1

Ye i'm still working on it. It might be a while before its fully operational but i will try my fastest.

WizardCM likes this.
  6. Offline

BotteledCacti

Thats Great! Is there anyway i can help you? Also add me on Skype: miner.hugo
    You can be the Dev rank if you wan't on my server, this plugin if going the rule!

7. Offline

Burnett1

Unless you know how to code then there is not much you could do. Unless your artistic and could create a logo for it.

8. Offline

BotteledCacti

Well, i can't do anything of that :p Hope it gets released soon :)

9. Offline

TurtleMaster7

Ill attempt to make a logo if u want, ill post it when im done! Can't wait for the plugin to be done

10. Offline

Skyshayde

This seems rather interesting, anything I could help with? I get out of school today, so I have tons of free time. I can program fairly well.

11. Offline

WestnightHawk

I love the idea. I have seen someone do something like this before. They created an add-on to the BattleArena plugin.

12. Offline

slayr288

+1 for this idea

Burnett1
    I could help you with this if needed, or pickup the development if you abandon it.
    PM if you're interested.

13. Offline

Burnett1

Ill probably set up a git hub repo so people can contribute.

WizardCM likes this.
  14. Offline

WizardCM

So, just out of curiosity, Burnett1, made any progress? Thanks again for choosing to work on this. :)

15. Offline

Burnett1

Ye im just getting the team manager sorted then i am going to start testing.

16. Offline

WizardCM

Awesome, good to hear. I look forward to helping test. :)

17. Offline

TurtleMaster7

coollogo_com-250581220.png

Here is the logo I made enjoy :D

bennie3211 and WizardCM like this.
  18. Offline

Burnett1

Thanks

19. Offline

xEpicTaco

wow what a thread! I can make some bug fixing contribs if anyone has any issues with it, as well as keep it updated if you stop updating it :p.

WizardCM likes this.
  20. Offline

WizardCM

Added to the main post, well done! ;D

Every little bit helps! :)

21. Offline

XpertHax

Is it up for download yet

22. Offline

WizardCM

I'm not the one doing any of the development unfortunately. Just subscribe to this thread and you'll find out when it's ready. :)

23. Offline

iBCoLLiN

When will this be ready?

24. Offline

45zeldafan

+1 for: Sounds very cool
    +1 for: Original Idea
    -1 for: Very hard to code

WizardCM likes this.
  25. Offline

TurtleMaster7

Thx :D

26. Offline

Burnett1

Update: i am now in Alpha testing and still have to do some features.
    ETA: 1 1/2 weeks
    I am quite busy at the moment and will try my hardest to get it out soon.

27. Offline

Delta536

Quited Exited to see this plugin

28. Offline

JackProehl

Need some help? I could pitch in if there's a GitHub for it.

29. Offline

Burnett1

Ill make a git hub tonight. Just have to say one thing, I've only been doing java for 4-5 months so it might look kinda scrappy coding.

30. Offline

JackProehl

Hey, I've only been doing it for 5 months too. Welcome to the club. ;)

Private message me when you set up the repo and add me on Skype (John.Proehl).

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2016