Introducing the Toxic Skies plugin pack

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by deltahat, Aug 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

deltahat

With the discontinuation of my old minecraft server, The Uncharted Abyss, I've decided to open source all the custom code I wrote into a collection of plugins called the Toxic Skies plugin pack. Each plugin can be used separately, but together they create a truly unique gameplay experience.

Subterranea
    Subterranea makes the world deeper. Instead of 64 layers below ground, there are now 192. Caves and underground features are expanded to take advantage of the depths.

Get Subterranea on BukkitDev
    [​IMG]

Giant Caves
    Giant Caves creates enormous underground caverns. In a vanilla world, it's pretty cool. In a Subterranea world, Giant Caves is amazing!

Get Giant Caves on BukkitDev
    [​IMG]

Toxic Skies
    Toxic Skies makes the overworld poisonous, forcing players into the depths.
    • Players who get too close to the surface get periodically poisoned by the surface air.
    • Staying above ground without protection will result in death after about two minutes.
    • Pumpkins work like gas masks. Wearing one above ground prevents damage for a time.
    • The weather is always storming. Monsters never catch on fire and visibility is reduced.
    Get Toxic Skies on BukkitDev
    [​IMG]

Henzz and obscurehero like this.
  2. Offline

LaxWasHere

<3 might add this to my network.

3. Offline

obscurehero

This is awesome. Should I use this, I don't see a donate button and I'd love to send some cash your way as this is quite high calibre work

4. Offline

deltahat

I appreciate the compliments. I'll setup a donate button at some point.

5. Offline

IdenticalGame

Wow bro, adding this to my hub server now!

6. Offline

deltahat

Fantastic! PM me the IP?

7. Offline

realsabrex

I'm having troubles adding giant caves with subterranean. can you walk me through it please?

8. Offline

deltahat

1. Make sure both Subterranea and Giant Caves are installed
    2. Add a worlds: section to your bukkit.yml file like the example here

9. Offline

realsabrex

Could not load 'plugins/GiantCaves-1.6.2-R0.1.jar' in folder 'plugins'
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidPluginException: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/ryanmichela/giantcaves/GCPlugin : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:184)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:305)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:230)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_6_R2.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:239)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_6_R2.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:217)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.PlayerList.<init>(PlayerList.java:56)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.DedicatedPlayerList.<init>(SourceFile:11)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:106)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:391)
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_6_R2.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:582)
    Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/ryanmichela/giantcaves/GCPlugin : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:631)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:615)
    at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:141)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:283)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:58)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:197)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass0(PluginClassLoader.java:80)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:53)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
    at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:249)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:173)

I already did that and i'm getting this error:'( please help

10. Offline

monkeymanboy

I put these on a private server and added a plugin i made for my server that changed recipes to use their block form or make them harder (e.g. iron tools take iron blocks and wood planks and cobblestone tools take smooth stone) and it was like that for all tools/armor and it disabled health regen (only way is gold apple, potion of healing, and glistering melons are changed to heal some health) and it made the ultimate hard mode

11. Offline

deltahat

Upgrade to Java 7

12. Offline

Weaverchilde

I am really interested in this idea for a server with my friends, but how does this affect villages?

13. Offline

deltahat

Villages still spawn on the surface and work just fine. I've seen many myself. In fact, special care was taken to ensure all the generated structures spawn as expected.

14. Offline

Dragon_DLV

Hi, this installed on a server I play on.

It seems that Squids do not spawn. We have yet to see a single one.

Also, it seems Slime Spawning in Swamps is not working either.

15. Offline

deltahat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.