Inactive [SEC/MECH/ECON] Residence v2.4.2 - Self serve area protection system! Buy/Sell Land! Economy! [1185]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by bekvon, Mar 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

bekvon

MOVED TO DEV BUKKIT:
    [​IMG]
    News

v2.4.2 Released - 9/24/2011​
    See the change log for details.​
    Everyone using PermissionsEx, Essentials, or anything else besides the regular permissions plugin or PermissionsBukkit should add or change this in their config under the Global section:
    LegacyPermissions: true
    As of 2.4.0 the bPermissions plugin is supported directly.​
    As of 2.3.7 the PermissionsBukkit plugin is supported directly.​
    This support is not done through the new built in Permissions that bukkit provides, because there is no way to get a players group using the built in methods. However, by supporting this directly, you can now use the new permissions system while still keeping Residence, and not having to use old permissions at all anymore.​

Latest Recommended Build
    Version: v2.4.2
    Download: Residence

Latest Development Build
    Latest Snapshot: Residence.jar
    Latest Config: config.yml

Links
    Developer API: Wiki
    GitHub Source: GitHub
    DevBukkit Project Page: DevBukkit

[​IMG]

Contributors:
    Daniel Few (Wiki)​
    Linaks (Residence Logo)​
    SirHedgehog (Code)
    GSValore (Code)​
    Samkio (Wiki Video)​
    JustinGuy (Code)​

Addons:
    Residence Signs (by KarnEdge)​

NOTE: All Residence usage information has been moved to the wiki!

About:
    Residence is different from most protection plugins in that it aims for the users to be able to protect their own homes without having to bother the admin to do it. Residence has support for a variety of different protection types including preventing movement through areas, all of which can be configured by the land owner, and limited by the admin.​
    Features:
    Features (open)

• Allows players to define protected areas for themselves.
    • Individual permissions for each protected area. Land owner can give / deny permissions globally or to other specific players.
    • Different permissions per land include: move, build, use, pvp, fire, teleport, monsters spawn, damage prevention
    • Support for group permissions on protections.
    • Multi-World support.
    • Teleport system to allow users to teleport to residences.
    • Collision detection system to prevent residences from overlapping.
    • Limits to protected size can be set up by the admin.
    • Limits to number of protected areas per player can be set.
    • Two ways to select land including using the select command, or using a item to select 2 points.
    • Messages when you enter / leave a residence. (customizable)
    • Land "leasing" system which requires users to renew the lease on their protection every X number of days or loose the protection. (off by default, see config file)
    • Recursive Sub-zoning. Create zones within zones, and then zones within those zones...
    • TONS of configuration for admins. Customize every single flag that players can or cannot use in the config file, based on their permissions group.
    • (Optional) IConomy support, can set up cost per X number of blocks protected.
    • (Optional) Permissions support.
    • In-game help / commands descriptions

ChangeLog
    v2.4.2
    • Fix bug affecting some people with the new save system
    v2.4.1
    • Support for iConomy 6
    • Prevent enderman from messing with blocks in residences with the -build flag.
    • Paintings are now protected properly (Thanks JustinGuy!)
    • Fix Rent auto-renew bug.
    • Fix other miscellaneous small bugs.
    ChangeLog (open)

v2.4.0
    • Support for bPermissions
    • Add "/res pset <residence> [player] removeall" command to remove all flags for that player
    • Added console only command "/resworld remove [world]" to remove all residences in a world.
    • "/res remove" now requires confirmation using the "/res confirm" command, before removing a residence.
    • Fixed subzone flag.
    • Fixed a few null pointer exceptions related to the "/res message" command, and a few other issues with it as well.
    • Fixed few cosmetic rent message bugs.
    • Fixed few mispellings...
    v2.3.9
    - Added name filter to Residences to prevent characters that mess up YML from being used. This should fix many of the errored YML files that people have been getting.
    - Fixed arrow damage in no-pvp zones (bug introduced in the Residence 1060 update).
    - Added a "Permissions Group" line of text into /res limits, this will show your Permissions group as reported by Residence.

v2.3.8
    - Fixes to better handle the piston flag, and world "flow" flags (thx JustinGuy :) )
    - "Use" flag now covers trap doors.
    - Lease renewal can now be pulled from the Residence's bank.
    - Buying a residence now causes the default flags to be set for the user who is buying it.
    - Minor fixes to new PermissionsBukkit support (fix message about permissions not being detected when it actually was)
    - Added a few miscellaneous forgotten commands to the in-game Residence help.

v2.3.7
    • Added direct support for PermissionsBukkit (doesn't go through the bukkit API)
    • Added LegacyPermissions true/false config option.
    v2.3.6
    • Support for residence.admin and residence.create permission nodes using new permission system.
    • Recommend using SuperPermsBridge or something that ensures backwards compatibility with old permissions.
    • Few permission changes to hopefully make it work better.
    v2.3.5
    • Fix for firespread flag with CB1000.
    • Added "piston" flag.
    v2.3.4
    • Fixes for CB1000
    • Fixes for a few minor bugs, and for concurrent modification issue with the Lease Manager.
    v2.3.3
    • Removed subzone list from /res info, and gave it its own command that supports multiple pages, /res sublist <residence> <page>
    • If the save file errors, it will now be preserved rather then overwritten, it will be renamed res-ERRORED.yml, the plugin will now disable itself upon error as well unless the StopOnSaveFault option in the config is set to false.
    • Fixed non-working per-world flags.
    • Fixed a few message bugs.
    • Add /resadmin removeall <player> admin command to remove all residences owned by a player.
    v2.3.2
    • Changed MaxUpDown in the default config to 128...
    • Fixed issue with /res vert still selecting more then the MaxUpDown allowed.
    v2.3.1
    • Fixed a few initial issues with a couple language localization messages.
    • Removed area list from /res info, use /res area list [residence] or /res area listall [residence] now.
    v2.3
    • New language localization system, upon first run v2.3 will create a Languages folder under your Residence config folder with the default English.yml file.
    • New in-game help system. (part of the new language localization system)
    • All commands now run without admin privileges unless you specify /resadmin before.
    • Added config option to allow rented residences to be modifiable. (PreventRentModify option)
    • Fixes to improve compatibility with Permissions 3.X
    • /res listall now has pages
    • Added the "physics" flag to control block movement. (separated from the flow flag more like)
    • New ResidenceTPEvent, and ResidenceRentEvent API events
    • Fixed residences not being properly removed from lease / rent system, upon deletion.
    • Fixed bug related to default group option in the config.
    • Fixed global "container" flag bug.
    • Fixed some NPE's related to explosions.
    • Added /resload command to load the save file after you make changes to it (UNSAFE, as it does not save residences first, and so you may loose new residences that were just created)
    v2.2
    • Added per residence Blacklist/Ignorelists that will allow you to specify certain block types to be ignored from residence protections, or unable to be placed in residences.
    • Added Server owned land, use /resadmin server <residence> to change the owner to "Server Owned"
    • Added global Ignorelists which allow certain block types to become unprotectable for the whole world / for a specific user group.
    v2.1.3
    • Fixed a couple bugs with the lease system, including being enabled when it shouldn't be and the lease auto-renew option.
    v2.1.2
    • Added "/res area replace" command, allows you to resize / move a physical area. If the new area is bigger, it will only charge you for the difference in size.
    • Added 'waterflow' and 'lavaflow' flags which override the flow flag if set.
    • Fixed a bug causing money to still be charged when failing to add a area to a residence.
    v2.1.1
    • Fix case sensitivity bug in rent system.
    v2.1
    • BOSEconomy support.
    • Essentials Economy support.
    • RealShop Economy support.
    • Added the 'place' and 'destroy' flags, which if used overrule the 'build' flag. These allow you to give only block placement permissions in a certain area, or only block destroy permissions.
    • /res check [residence] [flag] <player> command, this command evaluates if <player> is affected by [flag] at [residence]. You can leave off <player> and it will use your name.
    • Added a LeaseAutoRenew config option, that will cause leases to automatically renew so long as the player has the money to do so. Note that, if economy is disabled this doesn't work, as there would be no point to leases. Needs Testing! :)
    • Global FlagPermission config section, that allows you to give permission to use a flag to all groups, useful for the build / move / use flag that you almost definitely want everyone to have access to. Flags under each individual group will overrule these.
    • You can now set a limits on how deep or how high protections can go into the group, using each groups MinHeight and MaxHeight settings.
    • /res select sky, and /res select bedrock commands, these auto adjust to the above mentioned MinHeight and MaxHeight settings, so it won't select into a area you can't protect.
    • Rent system implemented.
    • Many bug fixes, including proper creeper explosion prevention now. Also, fixed some bugs when renaming residences.
    • New healing flag.
    • The monsters flag has been split up into "animals" and "monsters" now.
    • New Developer API, including custom Bukkit events.
    • New Global CreatorDefault / GroupDefault / ResidenceDefault flag sections to help clean up the Groups section, and remove redundant flags.
    • Probably some other minor things I've forgot :)
    v2.0
    - Residence 2.0 now in alpha testing, core code has been mostly rewritten.​
    - Supports multiple areas per residence using '/res area <add/remove>' commands.​
    - Added new selection commands '/res select expand' and '/res select shift'​
    - Added Predefined permission lists that can be applyed to residences.​
    - Enter / Leave messages now support %player, %owner and %area variables.​
    - Config file has been cleaned up and most things are better named.​
    - Should be fixed to work with newer iConomy versions.​
    - Save system now only uses yml as save format.​
    - Save system wont corrupt the whole file if one residences gets corrupted, you just loose that one residence.​
    - When a residence changes owner, flags are set to default for that owner.​
    - Added '/res default' command to manually reset flags to default.​
    - Released source code for v2.0​

v1.2.8 - BETA
    - Fixed broken flag setting permissions.​

v1.2.7 - BETA
    - Fixed chests being able to be opened from outside protected area.​
    - Fixed enter/leave message (hopefully)​
    v1.2.6 - BETA
    - Updated for CB 612 / Minecraft 1.4​
    v1.2.5 - BETA
    - Fixed tiny bug in saving messages.​
    - yml is now the default save format because its more reliable.​

v1.2.4 - BETA
    - Fixed bug related to fire / ignite event.​
    - Added ability to remove enter / leave messages​

v1.2.3 - BETA
    - Added a optional different save system, you can now save residences in pure YML format (same format as config files). See the config file for how to enable.​

v1.2.2 - BETA
    - Fixed TP bug.​

v1.2.1 - BETA
    - Fixed bug in new saving system.​

v1.2 - BETA
    - New save system, will attempt to auto-convert from old system.
    - Fixed some permission bugs when not using permissions plugin.​
    - OPs are now residence admins when not using permissions.​
    - Fixed collisions detection issues related to having multiple worlds.​
    - Added global pvp setting.​
    - Added a "flow" flag to control water/lava flow in residences.​
    v1.1.9 - BETA
    - Fixed a severe bug when not using permissions.​

v1.1.8 - BETA
    - Fixed a subzone bug.​
    v1.1.7 - BETA
    - Added ability to buy and sell land using /res market commands.​
    - Added a land leasing system which can be configured to expire protections if they are not renewed after a period of time. See the /res lease command. (this is off by default, turn it on and customize it in the config)​
    - Implemented a Auto-Save interval. Saves residence areas every X minutes.​
    - Fixed minor onBlockIgnite error.​
    - Added a few admins commands using /resadmin.​

v1.1.6 - BETA
    - Fixed spaces not working in enter / leave messages.​

v1.1.5 - BETA
    - Added Enter / Leave messages for Residences, as well as a permission option in the config to allow / deny changing of them.​
    - Fixed residence admins not being able to modify the outside world when using deny build rights outside of residences.​
    - Fixed issue related to default group.​
    - Added a config option to specify the default group.​

v1.1.4 - BETA
    - Fixed bug in group permissions...​
    v1.1.3 - BETA
    - Changed the configuration vastly again, server admins now have control over every flag for every group.​
    - Group permissions implemented, but in need of TESTING! :)
    - World permission implemented (default world permissions for when you are not in a residence zone)​
    - Fixes subzone collision bug.​

v1.1.2 - BETA
    - Fixed residence admins still requiring IConomy money.​
    - Fixed a bug with TNT explosions.​

v1.1.1 - BETA
    - Fixed bug breaking subzone permissions.​

v1.1 - BETA
    - Recusive sub-zoning, make subzones within zones, and then subzones within those subzones :)
    - Different limits based on permissions group​
    - New setting for choosing the selection tool item id.​
    - Anti-lag configuration option.​
    - Moved some permissions into the config file.​
    - All protections are now OFF by default.​

v1.0.1 - 3/21/2011
    - Added permissions / config option to disable teleports.​

v1.0 - 3/20/2011
    - Initial Release​

Bug Reports:
    Please include at minimum the following information with all bug reports:
    • CraftBukkit Version
    • Residence Version
    • What you were doing when the error occurred.
    If available, also include:
    • Any server console error messages
    • Other plugins that may be causing the issue

2. Offline

Leemur

I experience gain in a residence bug hasn't been fixed. Also, sometimes when I destroy a block in somebodys residence, I get the resource, but the block reappers. This could be a very serios exploit, as you can get infinite resources, even diamonds.
    I speak about conflict between mcmmo Plugin and Residence Plugin

3. Offline

banius

Is there a way to unpermit someone to build but can buy house and set subzones to it?

4. Offline

JesterJinx

Do you still get a blank message with the name of the zone ? For example : Zone1:
    Cause that's a huge problem for me as well, I can't get rid of these messages for SUBZONES, even after deleting the messages after the Default message in the .config or putting null.

Also, I don't see the res.yml.bak in my residence folder, where is it located? Maybe that has something to do with my error message problem?

Edit1 : So yea I managed to get rid of the leaving message for the subzone, but not the enter message T.T. For the enter message, I still get : Zone.subzone : Null

5. Offline

Parashutte

I get the same problem, if I delete all the message it just end up writing nothing but still give me the message [Test1]: (Blank).

Also if I write null it will just write null instead;

[Test1.subzonetest1] null

Edit : I got rid of the leave message for some reason.. but the enter message keep being spammed

Edit(2) Okay this might be more helpful to say that this problem occur with subzone and not parent zone, because I just got rid of both my enter/leave message in my parent zone but my subzone keep saying the message even if I remove them

6. Offline

Nelien

No, I don't get the [Zone] messages. If I'm in a residence called Zone with a subzone called SubZone I just do the commands /res message Zone remove enter and /res message Zone.SubZone remove enter to remove enter messages completely from both Zone and SubZone, equivalently for leave messages. This removes the notification entirely for me, I have no idea I'm in a certain zone unless I do /res info while in it.

If you want a certain group to not set any messages by default on residence creation then you need to change that in the config. Setting the DefaultEnter: and DefaultLeave: to null or simply nothing at all both works for me, both on Zones and Subzones. Also make sure you're changing the correct group in the Residence config, so that it's the group you're set to.

I'm still using bukkit 684, so if you've tried all of the above and it still doesn't work it might be version related.

Parashutte: null is only for the config. Not when you do it with the commands. Use /res message [zone] remove [enter/leave] in that case.

7. Offline

Parashutte

I will try this, and for null.. it will just write null when there is no msg, in subzone.

8. We figured it out. It was a conflict with one of the files in WorldGuard.
    Deleted it and let it recreate that worldguard file and everything works now.

9. Offline

Parashutte

Okay, so I've tried to remove both message with the in-game command, /res message test1.subtest1 remove enter, after doing this it will keep saying the parent zone and then it will say null like this : [test1.subtest1] null

After that I tried using 684 but then I just can't run my server.. lol it keep saying end of stream and whats not.

When I create a parent zone it give me the message Residence test1 created successfully and thats it, but when I create a subzone in that, It automaticly say [test1.subtest1] null, and I didn't do anything it just spam that as soon as I create the zone.

10. I noticed something similar (I'm still using v1). If you remove the messages for the subzone on both leave and enter, and then you move from the subzone into the main zone and back into the subzone, the entrymsg shows with the text 'null', but the leave message goes repressed.

11. Offline

tha d0ctor

I'm getting internal errors with res that are not allowing me to create residences with /res select command CB 740

12. Offline

JesterJinx

Yup, I have the exact same problem.

13. Offline

Chekkaa

14. Offline

Beaverbeliever

Is it possible to make placing water, lava, or water or lava buckets a build event instead of a use event? I want people to be allowed to open doors without flooding or burning my streets.

15. I say it mcmmo who should check if the event is canceled.

On a totally different note i'm running v1.2.8 and when my player make sub-zone and sell it they loose admin flag in that zone, am I missing configuration some where?

16. Offline

EniGmA1987

Residence doesn't seem to work for me anymore. I updated the server to build 740, have the 1.2.8 beta installed. When I select an area, it often times will not say I selected it. When I do manage to select a primary and secondary spot, then try to create the residence, it just says I haven't set two points.

I can still make a residence by standing somewhere and selecting a radius around me, bu selecting points seems to be broken in CB 740 and Residence 1.2.8. At least on my server :(

17. Offline

Chekkaa

Ok, nossr said the this issue:

Was your fault for this reason:

Fix please? :D

Oh also, users get mcMMO PvP XP when I have PvP disabled in Residence. That includes "unarmed", "swords", and "axes". Also, the serrated strikes ability for the swords causes damage.

18. Offline

lastmikoi

Great plugin.

However I noticed that players can empty their buckets into other's residence.
    It is a bug or did I forgotten a special flag ?
    b733 + mcMMO v1.0
    Flags : -build

19. Offline

Daniel Few

Heya. Water+Lava flow are covered by the Use flag I believe. I'm not 100% sure but I would suggest trying that :)
    -DanJames

20. Offline

captainnana

When trying to create a sub residence it doesn't seem possible to change the build flag so everyone can build in a residence can anyone help?

21. Offline

Ross Gosling

Can you make it possible to disable enter and leave messages becuase in my little town they spam your chat and generally annoy people

22. Offline

FrozenTwinki

People that own a lot in a sub-zone are allowed to build in the main zone its self, is there a way I can turn that off?

23. Offline

Nelien

You can disable them yourself in the config. Each group has a DefaultEnter: and DefaultLeave: config option. Just delete the message after them and all new residences made by that group will not have any messages at creation. You will have to remove the messages from the residences you've already created manually though. Use /res message [zone] remove [enter/leave].

24. Offline

Ross Gosling

ok ill try that

25. Offline

Darkbanisher

/res gset [Residence] [Group] [Flag] [true/talse/Remove]
    To restrict building / destroying in an area for everyone exept those with excusive acces.
    /res gset [Residence] Default build false

@ plugin dev
    When I made a sub-zone and one of my players bought it, I after a couple of hours restarted the server.
    When reconnecting I noticed the sub-zone no longer existed.
    Bug? or?
    EDIT: Btw im using the v 2.0 (alpha)
    Test1: After a test it apears world is saved, player inventory and Land area's are rolled back somehow, might not be connected to this plugin. Gonna do some extensive testing...
    Test2: I kept my spawned axe but the new land area I bought vanished.
    Test3: Item loss did not reoccur, I changed save intervals to every minute and waited 3 minutes outside the lands, purchased land did vanish again.
    My conclusion: Lands are not being saved nor sub-zones. However the first land I bought did remain without any problems.
    Test4: Finaly got my lands to save into the file by removing save file.
    Test5: After loads of testing plugin only seems to save whenever it pleases. Removing the save files seemed to work a couple of times with condition that I was not in any area.
    Test6: After observing server logs I notice how the only functional saves coincidentaly are right after check for expired leases.
    Test7: Further observation shows it sais it saves but did not update file.
    Test8: Made sure both residence save and lease checks are set to 1 minute intervals. Neighter exectued every minute.
    Final Conclusion: Saving for v 2.0 simply is completly disfunctional.

26. Offline

Ross Gosling

yep it works thank for the advice

27. Offline

Nelien

No problem. :)

28. Offline

douglasg14b

Hello, I heard that suggestions for 2.0 are still being taken into consideration. Here is something that can and will be beneficial to the users of res. on larger servers like crafthub, for the larger cities. The ability of Residence admins to create sub-zones, or another flag group for that. I am finding it difficult to create and sell sub-zones for over a 100 people on this server, with more everyday. Thank you. Douglasg14b EDIT: or a co-owner?

29. Offline

Darkbanisher

When you type /resadmin into chat It sais that admins have acces to all commands and can use them for any residence regardless permissions.
    So my assumption is admins can already do this.

Suggestion for 2.0:
    Enable players to add to their already existing land. Like City 20x20x20 becomes 30x30x20 or 30x35x25.
    It would be a blessing to those who buy an area that eventualy becomes to small.
    Instead of buying area's next to their land and having to deal with all those leases they can just add to the one they have (as long it doesn't go over max dimensions...)

Just a though. :p

30. Offline

Ratchet

i'm trying to get the name of some land but there's so many subzones they push the chat up too high..

[​IMG]

also you can see there a plot called PronteraMain_ProntPlot29, it kept putting the _ there instead of the .
    and when I tried to do anything to it, it wouldn't let me kept saying it didn't exist, I was trying with both the _ and a .

31. Offline

douglasg14b

It seems that, my residential admins cannot create subzones. They get- "You do not have permission in this zone" when trying to make a subzone XD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.