People Cannot Join Server

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by PartlyAwesome, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

PartlyAwesome

Ok, I was running a server (with various mods) with CraftBukkit, and for some reason people couldnt connect to my server (This is over Hamachi). The Vanilla Server Works Great, CraftBukkit is the one which isnt working.

1. What OS are you using (Brand and version - Ex. Windows XP SP3)? Windows 7 Professional
    2. What architecture is the OS you are running (x64 or x86)? x64
    3. What version and architecture is your java install? (Type: java -version in command prompt.) Java Version: "1.6.0_23"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_23-b05)
    Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 19.0-b09, mixed mode, sharing)
    4. What build of CraftBukkit are you running? (do NOT say latest. Say the build number.) I Tried Build 154, 164, 135.
    5. What command are you using to run your CraftBukkit server? START /REALTIME "CraftBukkit" java -Xms512M -Xmx1024M -jar craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
    6. What plugins are you running? I was running: WarpGate 1.5, TimeShift v1.1, PVP Control, MinecartMania Core 0.72, Magic Carpet, iStick 1.2, God Powers for Bukkit, General 1.8, Flashlight 1.0.8, AntiBreak. I did try running the CraftBukkit Without Them Still Got Problem
    7. What error are you getting (post your server.log file if possible)? No errors on the server itself, people just couldnt log in.

This is my server properties:

Code:
    #Minecraft server properties
    #Thu Jan 06 18:45:39 GMT 2011
    level-name=world
    hellworld=false
    spawn-monsters=false
    online-mode=true
    spawn-animals=false
    max-players=20
    server-ip=
    pvp=true
    server-port=25565
    Can anyone help?

(Side note: I am not putting Permissions in my server, this is why i am still at General 1.8)

2. Offline

mughi

first: +eleventy for filling out the form :)

this sounds like router/firewall issues (more firewall than router, since vanilla works)

now some other questions:
    1. has it ever worked? (with craftbukkit)
    2. do you have any firewall /antivirus software installed/running? if so, what?
    3. can you join the server with a local client running on that machine?
    4. can you join the server with a client running on another machine on the same network?
    5. when someone attempts to log in, do you see ANYTHING on the server?

3. Offline

PartlyAwesome

1. has it ever worked? (with craftbukkit) Yes, it used to work.
    2. do you have any firewall /antivirus software installed/running? if so, what? Comodo Anti-virus (which asked if craftbukkit could use the internet, which i allowed it & Windows Firewall (which also asked and allowed) (It used to work under these conditions).
    3. can you join the server with a local client running on that machine? Yes.
    4. can you join the server with a client running on another machine on the same network? Ironically the only other machine good enough to play minecraft is having problems connecting to the internet, so i cannot test that.

4. Offline

mughi

have you tried disabling comodo and windows firewall (just long enough for a quick test)?

also, i added a 5th question, which you might have missed.. is there ANYTHING on the server when someone tries to connect?
    --- merged: Jan 28, 2011 6:46 PM ---
    my hunch is that one of your av/fw programs is allowing craftbukkit to get out, but not allowing traffic back in.

5. Offline

PartlyAwesome

1. when someone attempts to log in, do you see ANYTHING on the server? No.
    I will go ahead and disable both of them just now, i'll post back with the results.

Edit:

1. can you join the server with a client running on another machine on the same network? No

Edit2:

I have stopped both Comodo and Windows Firewall/AV and still no luck.

6. Offline

mughi

You said it used to work. Do you know of ANYTHING that changed between then and now?

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/friends-cant-join-server.2560/#post-26900

try the above suggestion.. and some of the other things in that thread, although not all will apply to you

edit: you said you disabled fw and it still didn't work.. the above suggestion probably won't help then, but you never know.. it IS Windows

7. Offline

PartlyAwesome

Ok, progress report: That seemed to have worked, everyone can connect to my server again.

Thanks for the help, PartlyAwesome.

8. Offline

TnT

Just for anyone else who stumbles upon this thread: The CraftBukkit server will always show a login error if the connection is reaching the server. If you see no errors, it is definitely a firewall (of some sort, either software, or hardware) issue.

9. Offline

mughi

which part worked?

10. Offline

Pezmantbh

I assume he means allowing the port.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.