[FUN/ADMN] WeatherGod v0.31 - Play with the weather [818]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by FrozenBrain, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Offline

FrozenBrain

WeatherGod - Play with the weather
    Version: v0.31
    CraftBukkit: 818

This plugin allows you to easily control the weather.

Features:
    • Control the weather
    • Turn the damage of lightnings on and off
    • Enable or disable certain weathers
    • Kill players with lightning bolts
    • Create lightning bolts where you want
    Download WeatherGod v0.31
    Source Code

Usage (parameters in <> are required, the ones in [] are optional:
    • /wg set <normal|storm|thunder> [world] [duration in sec.]
      • Set the current weather of a world.
    • /wg get [world]
      • Get the current weather of a world.
    • /wg strike
      • Toggle the creation of thunder bolts with the thunder item.
    • /wg strike <Playername|MobID>
      • Kill a player or a mob with a thunder bolt. You can get a mob's ID by pressing F3.
    For worlds with spaces in their names use a '_' instead ('My World' => 'My_World').

Configuration:
    • thunderItem (def. (stick): 280)
      • The item to use for the creation of thunder bolts.
    • allowNormal / allowStorm / allowThunder
      • Enable or disable certain weathers.
    • preventIgnition
      • Set this to true to block the ignition of blocks by a lightning.
    • thunderMouseButton ('left' or 'right')
      • Select which mouse button to use for the creation of thunders with the thunderItem.
    Permissions:
    • weather.get
      • Use /wg get
    • weather.set.normal / weather.set.storm / weather.set.thunder
      • Use /wg set
    • weather.strike.player
      • Use /wg strike <Playername|MobId>
    • weather.strike.item
      • Use /wg strike
    • weather.invulnerable
      • Don't take damage from lightnings
    Changelog:
    Version 0.31
    • Updated for Minecraft 1.6.6 (CraftBukkit b818)
    • Changed the command from /weather to /wg
    • Added the /weathergod alias for the /wg command
    Show Spoiler

Version 0.30
    • Remade the commandhandler (thx mrapple)
    • Commands sent from the console are working correctly now
    • You can now set and get the weather of worlds with spaces in their names (see 'Usage')
    • You can now kill mobs the same way you kill players
    Version 0.22
    • Updated for CB 733
    • Better check for changed weather
    • Added 'thunderMouseButton' to the config
    Version 0.21
    • Added permission weather.invulnerable
    • Added the ability to enable or disable weathers
    • Added an setting to turn off the ignition of blocks by lightnings
    Version 0.20
    • Added /weather strike
    • Added /weather strike <Player>
    Version 0.12

• You can now change the weather to a thunder storm.
    Version 0.11

• Added support for permissions
    • Added the ability to set a duration for the weather
    • Added a command to get the current weather of a world
    Version 0.1

• First release

Have fun :)

2. Offline

Draconicus

FINALLY, a weather toggling plugin that WORKS RELIABLY!
    Thank you very much for your workable rain control. :)

I'm a bit confused about the prevention of certain types of weather. Does this prevent the weather (which appears to be multi-world global) from occuring at all while those worlds are loaded? When it rains in one world, it rains in all of them...

The "PreventIgnition" flag doesn't seem to work either - at least not with lightning I create myself.

3. Offline

Rocky

Everyone Chill the fuck out.

I got this.

4. Offline

br0ad456

you know it!!!!

5. Offline

anon

So...there is this thundertower plugin and it catches natural lightnings on a defined area of the tower. The problem is, if the lightning is generated by the thunder tool of this plugin, it just ignores the tower.

Any way you guys could make any kind of partnership, where you could make a way for the lighnings of this plugin to not ignore the tower, provide the author of thundertower a way to catch the manually generated lightnings or integrate it inside this plugin?

Anything that could help a bit would really be apreciated.

6. Offline

Gabriel Moon

7. Offline

dervonz

Plugin is working but giving an error by activatin /weather strike

Code:
    2011-05-07 14:56:40 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'weather' in plugin WeatherGod v0.3
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
        at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:85)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:255)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:677)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:640)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:634)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:32)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:195)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:74)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:370)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:285)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)
    Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0
        at de.frozenbrain.WeatherGod.commands.wgWeatherCommand.onCommand(wgWeatherCommand.java:28)
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
        ... 12 more

8. Offline

Chiggins

Yeah I'm getting the same error as @dervonz. Build 740, and I only have the plugins Permissions, WorldEdit, and WeatherGod.

9. Offline

FrozenBrain

Thanks for reporting this. I just fixed that bug, please redownload the plugin.

It should stop the weather from changing in all worlds, yes.

@rominos2 told me about that already. However the only way to create lightnings is the World.strikeLightning method. I guess it's bug that the onLightningStrike event doesn't seem get called if you create lightnings yourself. I'll send him a message, maybe we can find a way to fix this.

Edit: Wait, just got an idea.. brb
    Edit2: Seems that the event gets called. Why is his plugin not working then? Mh..
    Edit3: Just set the max. distance to 1000. If I shoot a lightning a few blocks next to the tower, it'll get catched. However, mobs standing at the location I try to shoot a lightning at get killed.
    Thanks, yours is much better than mine. I've added it to the first post :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  10. Offline

Bashoogers

Doesnt work on my server.

11. Offline

FrozenBrain

Any errors? Saying "doesn't work" doesn't help me fixing bugs.

12. Offline

Bashoogers

Like this one;

Code:
    2011-05-07 14:56:40 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'weather' in plugin WeatherGod v0.3
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
        at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:85)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:255)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:677)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:640)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:634)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:32)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:195)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:74)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:370)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:285)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)
    Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0
        at de.frozenbrain.WeatherGod.commands.wgWeatherCommand.onCommand(wgWeatherCommand.java:28)
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
        ... 12 more

13. Offline

FrozenBrain

14. Offline

Bashoogers

Oh yes it works :D

15. Offline

Tellan

I just found this mod and I'm trying it out now but for some reason even though I have set my permissions to * (meaning all) I cannot use any of the commands of WeatherGod... The only problem I can see is whenever I log in it says "First person. Skipping." Although the two other mods I have, SimpleGod and SpyerAdmin, which support permissions work perfectly.

Any help on this?

Edit: Had a friend join before me and it said First person. Skipping. for both of us...

16. Offline

Gabriel Moon

thank you so much for puting our video on the main page :)

17. Offline

FrozenBrain

I have to thank you for making the video. Feel free to make videos for my other plugins as well if you want, hehe :D

So it says you don't have permissions to use the commands? Hm.. maybe your CB or Permissions is outdated?
    Never had this issue before.

18. Offline

tommy99

wheni use any comand i donthave the permissiont do that althoughiam a admin with the - '*' permission

19. I'm not sure if its this plugin, but i had server running almost empty yesterday, and today - my normal biomes suddenly got filled with snow when i came in today.. WTF?

20. Offline

FrozenBrain

The plugin just controls if it's storming or not. It does not create snow. Maybe somebody played around with the //snow command? ;)

21. Offline

JSMinecraft

Hey, I love the plugin. It's simple and effective, and that what I want in a plugin.
    Sadly, I have many plugins like that and one of my plugins --CommandBook-- is conflicting with this plugin.
    You see, CommandBook has a command as follows: /weather and this plugin's command which is /weather set conflicts.
    May I suggest making a alternate command for this plugin.
    E.G.: /w set storm|normal|thunder
    Something I could use that won't conflict with other plugins. Also, It makes this plugins a bit more original.
    Overall: 5 out 5

22. Offline

FrozenBrain

I will add some aliases in the next version (maybe /wg?). For now, you can make a custommized version of commandbook without the /weather command here.

23. Offline

JSMinecraft

Thank you for the quick reply. I really wish you the best. :D

24. Offline

anon

Frozen, the thundertower plugin had an update, not it is compatible with your plugin, now even the thundertools generated lightning will be redirected to the thower.

But, there is still an issue, even when the lightning is redirected, the fire and damage will still appear where the lightining should hit. Its pretty strange, the lightning is redirected, but fire appear where it felt.

Do you know what exactly is causing this?

25. Offline

FrozenBrain

I have no idea. Maybe it's a bug in craftbukkit?

26. Offline

ACStache

This is a great plugin. I'm a new minecraft player and even newer to playing with servers. I set it up and I added "weather" to the permissions.xml, but it doesn't seem to work. On server launch it says "[WeatherGod] Permissions not detected, defaulting to OP". Since I'm the owner/op I can still use the commands, but I can't seem to set different groups up to use them. do I need something else to get it to set permissions properly?

Edit: the only plugin I have is weather god, so I don't have overlapping weather commands like some from using commandbook.
    Edit2: I actually just downloaded 1 other plugin, but nothing seems to be conflicting.

27. Offline

FrozenBrain

If you see this message, the plugin can't detect the permissions plugin. Are you sure you've installed Permissions?

28. Offline

ACStache

oh... I thought it was referring to the permissions.xml file I have sitting in my server folder. I didn't realize there was another plugin called Permissions :eek:
    I'll go get that now :p

29. Never knew about that command, and infact - when all of this happend i had my regular players in there and when i came in they said there had been a snowstorm, which didnt make sense because of the biome.

30. Offline

FrozenBrain

Creating snow storms in normal biomes is not possible, especially not with a plugin.

31. Well how the fuck did my entire world get covered in snow after a short period.