[FUN] Citizens v2.0.11 - Human NPCs for Bukkit [1.7.2]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Citizens, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Offline

Citizens

Citizens - Human NPCs for Bukkit
    Version: 2.0.11
    Authors: @fullwall and @aPunch
    Source: Citizens on GitHub

Citizens is now on BukkitDev

This thread will no longer be updated. We encourage you to use our page on BukkitDev. You can find information, links to our wiki and website, and the download page there.

Showing Your Support

We work hard to maintain Citizens. We've been working on Citizens2 around the clock on new and exciting features. A little motivation never hurts, so feel free to donate to us - fullwall and aPunch.

If you can't donate, we appreciate a "hello" every now and then. Stop by the IRC channel #citizens on irc.esper.net to discuss Citizens and give thanks!

2. Offline

Jeffusan

Make sure you have your npc selected by right-clicking.

type "/npc move"

The npc will then be transferred to where you are currently standing.

3. Offline

gmore70

Cant WAIT to read the reply from the Plugin Developer on THAT one....considering they replied to that like 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 time before on the last 193 pages.

4. Offline

morizuki

moveTo.. not move..

5. Offline

Lead2Life

Hi
    I discovered a big problem with citizens right now. It seems that citizens produces much amount of lagg ( I've only 2 npcs saved ). I installed a few plugins such as mcmmo and minecart mania ( which "are" incompatible to each other ) but I haven't got any lagg after I disabled citizens! But if I disable mcmmo OR minecart mania ( or both ) the lagg is still there. So it must be citizens.
    I don't know if you can fix it but I would prefer it ;)
    My craftbukkit vers.: 953, minecraft 1.7.2 citizens 1.09b
    Plugs:
    Minecart mania ( +teleport), mcmmo, world edit, false book, iconomy, jobs and a few little ones

6. Offline

Duwsh

I only lag when they speak, for about 2 seconds then it goes again (except I lag anyway so it's mega lag lol) but it's fine... I think they're worth it.

7. Offline

dirkson

I need to be able to give my users access to creating traders, but not access to unlimited traders. How do I do that?

8. Offline

masasuka

@fullwall

I believe part of the issue with memory leaks is the fact that npc's 'seem' to be 'spawning' in random places around the map (and yes, spawn evil npc's is set to false). This is causing the server to have to generate random chunks in random places all the time. This has caused my world to go from around 2000-3000 chunks to over 15000 chunks in a matter of a few days.

Not sure if this is the full problem, but it has definitely caused issues

Couple other bugs I've noticed. You can't select an NPC (/npc select ID) unless you have an npc selected already. Also, you can't select an npc if the npc you have selected doesn't belong to you. This makes testing/setting up traders rather difficult.

9. Offline

labelbuddy

do healers not work in the latest patch? blacksmiths and traders work fine but for some reason healers wont work no matter what, ive tried changing it from a diamond word and just leaving it but i cant get them to heal me =[

10. Offline

Gangrene74

Not sure if this is a bug or I'm not doing something right but I cannot /npc select id an npc unless I already have an npc selected. I get an error that I am not the owner of that npc. Once I select an npc by right clicking then I am able to use the command /npc select id on any npc.

Also seeing memory issues with the latest update.

edit- another issue when I have my blacksmith repair an item he takes all my flowers instead of just 1

11. Offline

kieranthethomas

There is a serious issue with the roaming NPCs: Fullwall, aPunch, Herobrine, and Notch all spawn in walls in my basement, and it's unbelievable how many music discs, swords, cookies, and apples I have!

12. Offline

aimbotxx

Major Fix Needed.

Savings Working 100%

So is Loading and Config

Its the lag It gives out.. Im running a bukkit server with a couple other plugins and My server is never laggy.

When ever I run my server on Citizens 109b it starts fine, but when npc talks or an npc walks by, it gives me lag warning signs then goes away then comes back when they talk again.

I've test running Citizens alone and it dose the same thing..

Please fix, Other than that love the Plugin

13. Offline

footwo

This has happened to me too. I've already fixed the map once with MCEdit and now it's happened on all worlds. I've reported it here and others say they have had the problem too. My map has doubled in size and rendering a static map is impossible.

14. Offline

Duginox

There is a memory leak in the newest update of Citizens, people.
    That is why you are experiencing lagg. Give the creators some time and I believe we will receive an update asap.

15. Offline

Scaenicus

To better illustrate this:
    Image (open)
    [​IMG]

And there are even some chunks far away from the main map. But I believe you get the point.
    At least at my server chunk-generation is the reason for many lags and crashes.

16. Offline

ferretlegs

I think that this is a very good observation. I have started using dynmap in the last few weeks but only in the last week have I noticed excessive new chunks being generated. What was puzzling at the time was that these new chunks were all outside the allowed region I have set by worldborder so I couldnt figure out what was going on. As a result, my world has gone from 60MB to 250MB within the last 7 days. We are a small server and prior to that were only experiencing about 5MB growth per week. I also have spawn false in my mobs file as we dont use evil NPC's yet.
    I could certainly see how this activity could be causing the lag part of the problem because of ongoing chunk generation, and perhaps if these chunks are not unloading (or similar) it may explain the memory leak?

17. Offline

blove213

anyone know how to configure it with iconomy 5 it says i need to pay in yellow flowers with toggle A ND I CANT SET PRICES FOR TRADER WITH MONEY ONLY ITEMS HELP PLEASE

18. Offline

karlmagnus

BukkitCrib ? *Googling* "No results" Ehm, whats BukkitCrib? or a link ? C:

Edit : Found it ; BukkitContrib

awsm

19. Offline

Jazy Lopez

Omg no please Dont use Bukkit Contrib
    That would mean another plugin in my server and another plugin that could cuase lag/errors and another plugin that I have to wait to update to new builds....
    Please Dont even think of using it in Citizens :eek:

Great plugin and Im getting the lag too... Gona wait for update :)

20. Offline

Draconicus

All of my old NPCs are inaccessible after the update, even though they have been imported seemingly correctly:
    Code:
    '78':
        basic:
            talk-when-close: 'false'
            owner: draconicus
            look-when-close: 'false'
            name: draconicus
            items: 0,0,0,0,0,
            text: I've got the freshest 'shrooms around!;
            color: '15'
            inventory: 40/64/0,40/64/0,40/64/0,40/64/0,40/64/0,40/64/0,40/64/0,40/64/0,40/30/0,39/64/0,39/64/0,39/64/0,39/64/0,39/64/0,39/64/0,39/64/0,39/64/0,39/30/0,282/64/0,282/64/0,282/64/0,282/64/0,282/64/0,282/62/0,282/64/0,282/64/0,282/64/0,282/64/0,282/64/0,282/63/0,282/64/0,282/64/0,282/32/0,AIR,282/1/0,282/1/0,
        trader: 78.trader

/npc select 78
    "No NPC with the ID 78 exists."

21. Offline

Ancetras

When I create a trader and i set a cost for an item more than 100 money, it gives me an error ._."

22. Offline

Chris Herbert

I can confirm the random chunk problem.

Look at the state of my map!
    http://minecraft.hollowworld.co.uk:8123/

I have had to load it into McEdit 3 times so far and trim the map. My World folder grew to over 1gb in size and reduced to 300mb after fixing.

Please fix this bug !!

23. Offline

Mukrakiish

@fullwall thanks for that, didn't notice that option. That'll learn me for assuming its an automatic thing.

24. Offline

Midget501

Hi when i got the previous version i had the npcs flying upwards and i know this was because i had 1.7. but now that its updated i can' get any npcs to spawn at all. i put in /npc create (name) and nothing happens. not even an error. according to the server citizens activates properly. plz help as i very much like the idea of this plugin.

25. Offline

fullwall

Thanks for helping narrow down the issue to being a chunk unloading/loading issue - this will help a lot. I will look into it tonight.
    @Draconicus - there's an issue with that config (trader: value should be true, not 78.trader).
    @Ancetras fixed in the next version
    @morizuki /npc moveTo 100 50 20 second-world

26. Offline

dominichello

Dunno if anyone else is having this problem..or just me..its my first time using it so it may be common place.

When i gave my npc armor, it didn't display until after i re logged, same with /npc item [sword] id. I presumed it was with any item not just a sword but i didn't try any other item at the time.

Also after i eventually set up my npc, i used the copy command. The only thing that seemed to transfer was his name. The items i had set up for the original npc [ID 0] didn't copy over too the new one [ID 1] ...maybe they don't...but i assumed it would copy everything ..otherwise iv'e got to go and give him all his stuff again.

Anyway that's all i noticed, i'm only just scratching the surface of this mod which is great btw :) ..but yer thought i'd mention something :) hope it helps

27. Offline

morizuki

i tried using like this /npc moveTo -11 66 -1206 world but it just say Too many Arguments /npc moveTo [x y z](world pitch yaw)

28. Offline

Sharpie-o

I've a problem with permissions and citizens. As I'm Admin in my servers, I'm supposed to be able to create NPC. But now I can't, I don't know why.
    I try with /npc create NAME and it says I don't have the permissions to do that. The only thing I can do is "/npc ID". Sugestions?

29. Offline

tcvs

R u using permissions or the op.txt

30. Offline

Sharpie-o

I'm using Permissions 3.x (the last version, don't remember which one)

31. Offline

tcvs

Under admin on permissions add citizens.admin this is wut I had to do to fix it