[FUN] Citizens v2.0.11 - Human NPCs for Bukkit [1.7.2]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Citizens, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Offline

Citizens

Citizens - Human NPCs for Bukkit
    Version: 2.0.11
    Authors: @fullwall and @aPunch
    Source: Citizens on GitHub

Citizens is now on BukkitDev

This thread will no longer be updated. We encourage you to use our page on BukkitDev. You can find information, links to our wiki and website, and the download page there.

Showing Your Support

We work hard to maintain Citizens. We've been working on Citizens2 around the clock on new and exciting features. A little motivation never hurts, so feel free to donate to us - fullwall and aPunch.

If you can't donate, we appreciate a "hello" every now and then. Stop by the IRC channel #citizens on irc.esper.net to discuss Citizens and give thanks!

2. Offline

Exanimo

Found a bug in 1.0.9b i think: When i spawn an NPC and make it a trader it won't show the item in it's first slot in it's hand.
    After turning it back into a regular npc and using /npc item id it doesn't show the item in the npc's hand either.
    NPC's with existing items in their hand still work.
    1.0.9. didnt have this issue. (not sure about 1.0.9a)

Then a "feature" request:
    When using the new pathing waypoints (like that alot btw!), is it possible to add waitpoints as well?
    Now a NPC keeps running arround the path i created, would be more realistic (and probably helpfull) if i could let it stop at certain positions for a while.
    Thanks again!

3. Offline

Sharpie-o

Nop... that didn't do it, also, I've some kind of error, after starting the server, I don't know if it has to do with it:

4. Offline

tcvs

wut bukkit version r u using

5. Suddenly, NPCs just overwhelem my server's performance, it ran just fine on 1.6.6 but now, It's all gone to hell, I even removed most of them, got to 14 NPCs and still, it's unplayable, even my sound jams... but when I disable citizens, server runs ok.

6. Offline

GoldenX

I rewrite my post because I have had no response...

@fullwall , @NeonMaster, @thempc and @aPunch

I found a big issue.

When a player selects a npc trader (right-click) with food in his hand, the food heals him and doesn't disapear. This allows to be heal for free. This issue appears with citizens for Minecraft 1.6.6 and is still present with bukkit for Minecraft 1.7.2

Thank you

7. Offline

Sharpie-o

I'm running 1.7.2 with 8 NPC's and works "fine" even with my PC

The last one, 953

8. Offline

tcvs

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm when you got that error did u reload the server or restart the server

9. Offline

Rufus

Um, using 953 and my npcs all revert to defualt skin with no names when I restart. Not gettign any errors tho, its really strange. Any suggestions?

10. Offline

tcvs

try going back to 1.0.9A because i found that one worked

11. Offline

Rufus

Thanks, I'll try that. Uh where can I get that? I looked arround but couldn't find any previous versions. o.o

12. Offline

Cookies326

A lot of time the NPC(s) dissapear, is it possible because I'm using Multiworld?

They dissapear after a few minutes when you put them

13. Offline

Rufus

I'm using multiworld but they seem to stay till I restart.

14. Offline

xwyz

WHEN Im using this plugin, i'm getting this error:

[WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?

15. I had over 30 NPCs with 4 players online back in 1.6.6 and it worked ok, now, even if I'm all alone in the server, it makes everything run crappy.

That's called lag, overloading the server, etc, exacly what I'm experiencing lately.

16. Offline

footwo

Can we get a dev comment on the random chunk generation? (thank christ I'm not the only one reporting it now) The way I see it that's the most pressing issue for this plugin at the moment, if it is indeed Citizens causing it then it needs to be fixed, like now. It's severally damaging worlds and causing serious upset for server admins.

17. Offline

xwyz

Yes but how can i fix it?

18. Offline

Sharpie-o

That's weird.

Nothing happens, don't worry. Or the game goes really slow?

19. Offline

fullwall

It's loading chunks that shouldn't be loaded. I will look into it now.

20. Offline

fullwall

@Exanimo - sounds like a good idea. I will add it when I get the chance.

21. Offline

xxugotowned

i have bout 25 and one glitched one with no name i cannot seem to remove :\
    how i remove a no name says im not owner of this npc :(

22. Offline

JoshP95

Hi, just wanted to mention something that I think may be a general bug, but everytime my server is restarted, the npcs I have created get deleted or don't get saved. I have tried doing /citizens save and it does save the current state of my npcs however it used to do it automatically.
    Cheers if you've got any help for me!

23. The current version seems to have a pretty big memory leak, or at least for me.
    When I loaded the plugin on my server memory usage went up like crazy until it topped the reserved heap size for java after about 3 hours.
    I had 7GB resereved...

After I removed citizens the memory stayed at about 200MB.
    Also random chunks started popping up on our live map way outside the set border.

24. Offline

xwyz

yes game goes rly slowly

25. Offline

Exanimo

Thanks Fullwall, looking forward to that! :)

Also, just thought up another possible feature which might benefit alot of people!
    How about if we get the ability to give NPCs 2 names?
    - the first name is the actuall npc name which you see
    - the second name is hidden but the plugin uses thát name for its skin! If no second name is given, use 1st name for the skin.
    If this would be possible you could use someones skin without needing to have a set name which might nog fit the bill.

26. Offline

Draconicus

I didn't write this config. I guess it was automatically generated? If your config importer doesn't rewrite the old files, would deleting the new profiles file sort it?

Also, is it wise to jam all this info into a single file for servers with 200+ NPCs like mine?

27. Offline

morizuki

still having issue on the trader, when many people are joining the people can get item for free in the trader also..

28. Offline

fullwall

29. Offline

morizuki

i thought it was fixed but still having the bug since 1.0.8.. when many people are joining and the server is open for long.. the trader will have that bug.. you can right click then get the item free, also when they close it and another person will right click it.. it will say.. One at a time something like that.. but the other player close it already..

30. Offline

fullwall

@morizuki - I think it's because your server is lagging? I will try and alleviate this later.

31. Offline

generalmek

with 953 i 1.0.9b server after ~2 hour lags and off. 100% info only with this plugin