Inactive [SEC] Ore To Client Obfuscation v1.9.1.1 - Anti X-Ray (xray) [1.2.5-R4]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by TyrOvC, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Offline

TyrOvC

solarox5, DaveDee, kahlilnc and 27 others like this.
  2. Offline

andreblue

this was done with out a server mod

3. Offline

TyrOvC

The only other plugin I know of has several issues, and moves around a lot of file data.

4. Offline

crysis992

I dont get it how to install this :/

5. Offline

opoq

This is fabulous! Works very well; I'm so glad someone has finally undertaken this. Thank you!!

I hope you're ready to become the most popular plugin author very quickly..

Doidle and prelude85 like this.
  6. Offline

Spathizilla

This sounds awesome. I hope it works, I'll have to give it a run on my test server.

As a suggestion, and I've no idea whether this is actually possible, you could avoid the ores in caves showing up by deciding whether the player has actual line of sight.

The other xray plugin while a good idea has the potential for horrible failure if something goes wrong. I dont want my world stripped of ores heh. Plus all that removing and readding blocks as it is exposed adds to the already horrible cpu loads of minecraft.

7. Offline

Mike A

I would use this on my server, but I'm scared to test it as first person :p. I will use it once someone tests it.

8. Offline

opoq

I've used it - it works a treat!

9. Offline

compgurusteve

I'll try this out in the morning, I have a fresh map for the taking.

10. Offline

Spathizilla

Another suggestion... make it hide dungeons/mobspawners.

11. Offline

Geoff Winans

Does not appear to work here.

b953, installed the replacement class and the plugin.

Code:
    2011-07-13 01:34:22 [INFO] RawcriticsOreObfuscationPlugin 1.0.1.3 plugin enabled
    2011-07-13 01:34:22 [INFO] RawcriticsOreObfuscationPlugin connected to the Ore Obfuscate Engine and turned it on!

Starts fine, but no workie.

12. Offline

spunkiie

I'm running this on my 400+ server with ZERO performance impact.

I LOVE YOU

13. Offline

desmin88

@TyrOvC
    Finally someone did this. Was thinking of doing it, but meh.
    Good job, effectively renders x-ray null without zero performance impact.

14. Offline

TyrOvC

Uploaded a new build, there was an accidental -1 in the previous that caused visible ores at the edges of chunks. Try it now Geoff Winans, you should be able to notice a difference. Also added those before and after screenshots.

@Spathizilla
    It's possible to code the avoiding ores showing up by actual line of site, but any way I can think of doing it would take quite a bit of processing power when you're talking about multiple players. On the bright side, probably could do it in a completely threadsafe way, so a server with unused cores would just be needed.

15. Offline

Archelaus

Great plugin, congratulations on the title too :)

SeeD419 likes this.
  16. Offline

Geoff Winans

Fucking awesome.

+10 internets to you, sir.

Make it a configuration option?

In my case, my server has 12 unused cores :> That would be fantastic to look down and see -nothing- but lava when xraying.

One of the users on my Chaos server asked if the world had been stripped clean already. I said no, and then... didn't have to ban him!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  17. Offline

Dimantio

damnit i don't have the permissions to edit craftbukkit.jar on brohoster XD

18. Offline

Cookies326

Amazing stuff, been wanting to do this.

19. Offline

Bronski

Right on!

20. Offline

morizuki

I tried using the MineFinder.. it works.. but using the XRay Pro.. i can see the ores :(

21. Offline

jeanpoivrot

I was not satisfied with AXR (it don't hide all ores, random crash = you loose all your ores...) I will test your plugin, thank you.

woo what config you have to handle 400players ?

can't you think before posting like a ....... ?

22. Offline

jmack2424

Another win! Kudos, Tyr!

23. Offline

mavbear

It works a little too well: users' chests appear as stone to them. They will turn into chest blocks after awhile, but then revert to looking like stone blocks again. :C

24. Offline

Sphex

I confirm

25. Offline

compgurusteve

I have the same issue. Still looks like a good one to watch though :)

26. Offline

TyrOvC

Updated with three ore hiding modes to choose from, and chests should behave somewhat better now.

27. Offline

IRS

I can also confirm this is working.. I'm running the default mode 1 and are you kidding me... Something that actually blocks Xray without being either useless, or massively killing server performance? I love you. no homo.

28. Offline

Yukari

Downloading :D

About the line of sight, would it be possible to implement it with hiding all blocks that you don't have a line of sight to? To hide underground bases and the such, I know this would be CPU heavy but a feature like that would really come in handy.

29. Offline

godgodgodgo

So this is better than Anti-Xray?

Also, sorry if this has already been answered but why does it not hide all of the ores?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  30. Offline

Kainzo

Testing this one out.

Saying the .zip file is corrupt or bad - anyone else getting that?

EDIT: Mirror worked.