Iridium Server Manager - |GUI|Creator|Toolkit|Port Forwarder|

Discussion in 'Bukkit Tools' started by ImminentFate, Jul 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ImminentFate

[​IMG]
    designed for
    bukkitlogo.png
    Iridium was constructed to be the easiest, most intuitive server management package ever made, whilst not skimping on power features.
    With an aesthetically pleasing user interface, customisation potential and a slew of useful additions both implemented and on the way, Iridium will ultimately provide an easy to use server management facility, allowing total server control, creation and more, to ensure even the newest recruit to the server management world will have no trouble at all.
    |Introducing KickStart and PortMapper|
    The final say in easy server creation.
    KickStart is a wizard interface that allows you to create an entire server in under 6 steps. Select your preferred Bukkit version, installation location and any plugins you want, and take advantage of a custom-made RAM allocation algorithm to determine the optimum amount of memory your computer can dedicate to the server. Then sit back, relax, and unless you have slow internet, your server should be created in under two minutes.
    Once you've done that, it's time to launch PortMapper, Iridium's answer to the problems faced by many newcomers into the server hosting game. Conveniently bypassing the need to configure a router to allow port forwarding, it takes advantage of the UPnP protocol to allow you to open your server to the world about as fast as it takes you to type a name, a port and click "OK". And it works for anything that needs port forwarding, not just Minecraft.
    [​IMG]
    Integrated console
    • Real time input/output of server commands
    • Suggestive input - see available commands as you type them in
    • Start | Stop | Reload | Save hotkeys
    Compatible with
    • Vanilla Minecraft
    • Bukkit
    • Tekkit*
    • Most modded servers*
    Download CraftBukkit
    • Select from Recommended, Beta or Development builds, with download monitoring.
    Server Management
    • Edit startup parameters easily - no need to touch batch files (unless you wish to use it)
    • Configure server.properties, operators and whitelisted players.
    Plugin Management
    • Thanks to the brilliant BukGet API by SteveMcGrath
    • Search for any plugin, with suggestive input, and view detailed information about it.
    • One click installation of 99% of plugins (zipped plugins will need extracting)
    • Manage and delete installed plugins
    • Edit plugin configuration files using an inbuilt editor - with syntax highlighting
    View Important System Information
    • Windows OS Version
    • Java Version
    • Installed RAM / realtime update of free RAM - color coded for easy recognition of various states
    • External IP - required if you plan on opening your server to the world
    Customisation Options
    • Launch Iridium at Windows Startup
    • Automatically start server with Iridium
    • Input your Minecraft username into Iridium to add a personal touch to the interface - your skin will automatically show up thanks to Minotar
    • Choose between black and white for the console (more coming soon)
    download.png
    Click the link below to open iridiumpowered.webs.com. Here you will see the forums, changelog and downloads available. Pay attention to the special download if you do not have Microsoft .NET 4.0 and Visual Basic Powerpacks 10.
    [​IMG]

screenshot.png
    1.png 2.png 3.png 4.png 5.png

(This video is quite outdated. The UI has improved significantly, as have features, but this should give you a general overview of what functions it serves)

Attached Files:

2. Offline

DelMaximum

Amazing, just an hour ago I began fussing over the ins and outs of running a small, modded server for my close friends. After much scouring and installing and research I happened across your post. I'll be happy to give it a shot!
    Edit: I ran the .exe and the readme popped up. In it, you say "click on launch craftbukkit". Where do I do that? :/ I can't figure out what the launcher did.

dockev likes this.
  3. Offline

ImminentFate

hmm.. there should be a shorcut created on your desktop and in your start menu. If there isn't, please tell me what OS you are running and ill check that i set it up correctly. alternatively,you can go to where it was installed and double click on CraftBukkit Starter.bat
    Sorry, but I'm not sure exactly what your problem is because in testing on my Windows 7 PC it worked fine.

Ecstazy likes this.
  4. Offline

DelMaximum

My apologies, I was being blind. Everything worked perfectly! In fact, I've got my server up and running just as well as I'd like it. Quick question, is there a way to allow people to build and break blocks without /op ing them? :p Thanks for the awesome software! It helped me tremendously.

ImminentFate likes this.
  5. Offline

ImminentFate

You're Welcome :D
    About building and breaking blocks without being op, you can try using a plugin called Permissions. It is a confusing plugin to start with, but with a little searching around, you should be able to get it working. Just head over here to get it. However, I'd reccomend doing thorough research because I have managed to botch my server completely by setting it up wrong.
    By the way, any suggestions on improving this?
    If you need help with Permissions, just message me and I'll give you a hand :)

ciostoffer likes this.
  6. Offline

dazonkey

how do i add plugins with this? i cant find the server folder.
    ty in advance
    dazonkey

7. Offline

Demi-God1498

heyy im having trouble getting onto my server i got the launch craftbukkit shortcut and when that was finshed loading i didnt no how to get on to my server plz help

umm i can gte onto my server but how do you install plugins really need help

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  8. Offline

ImminentFate

If you left the install directory without changing anything, the server folder should be in c:/users/YOURNAME/appdata/roaming/.CraftBukkit
    To install pluigins, visit plugins.bukkit.org get what you want and place the .jar in you plugins folder

Plugins.bukkit.org has tons of plugins. You should check for the ones compatible with the craftbukit version you have. Right now that should be [953] or maybe higher. Then place those in the plugins folder where craftbukkit was installed

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

9. Offline

Demi-God1498

ok thx

can you join my server for a sec ip=59.100.6.168

ohhk

10. Offline

Thecman50

where do you download it RAWR RAWR RAWR!!!!!

11. Offline

Demi-God1498

by the way what are some great plugins

12. Offline

ImminentFate

Permissions is a really good one. It lets you select what commands people can use and whether they can build or not. However, it can be a bit problematic if you're new, so I would recommend waiting until you're a bit more experienced.
    GodPowers is quite good. it lets you do various things like jump really high, walk on water and lava, thorw fireballs and strike down other people with lightning
    Essentials. As the name suggests, these are some of the most essential tools you need to run CraftBukkit. It really helps, with commands that help you set the weather, time, teleport, warps and even lets you set the spawn and create a jail.
    hope this helps get you started

Clcik the download link just above the screenshots. it should take you to a mediafire page

JrLaddock likes this.
  13. Offline

mc creeper

I dont know what my ip is and how to get it i typed in whats my ip on google and a website told me some numbers but when i tried them it said the thing alredy exists???? please help

14. Offline

dak393

you have 2 ips an external (which is what others use to connect to you), and your internal ip what your router uses to keep track of you on the network (ex: 192.168.x.y where x and y are numbers from 0 to below 255 not including 192.168.1.1 as that is usually your router) you may also use "localhost" to connect to the server if you are running it on your computer. Otherwise you can find your local ip in your network settings and your external is probably not working due to a lack of port-forwarding.
    Edit: also if your are trying to fill in the option in your server properties just leave it blank :)

15. Offline

ImminentFate

sorry, could you please elaborate?

16. Offline

mc creeper

i cant find my ip i looked for it using the internet but what it came up with didnt work

thanks that helped a bit

17. Offline

dak393

Great is it all working now? :)

18. Offline

Miner_01

Why do i get
    Code:
    Registry key 'Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\CurrentVersion'
    has value '1.7', but '1.6' is required.
    Error: could not find java.dll
    Error: could not find Java SE Runtime Environment.
    Press any key to continue . . .
    ?

19. Offline

p1nkwafflez

Hey i have set up my server, and i can join it and the problem which has always accured is People cant join :( Please Help me with this me and my bro just want to play and i would love it. Please get back to me on this

20. Offline

ImminentFate

If your bro is playing On the same network in your house then you have to set online mode to false in the server.properties file.
    Then find your internal ip by goin into command prompt and typing "ipconfig". The number you should use will be like "192.168.x.y" put that number in te server ip place in the server.properties file. Then your brother just has to type that ip in his multiplayer screen and it should work

So sorry, that's a mistake on my part, I forgot to add support for java 1.7. I will fix it in the install before tomorrow but for now you can go into the CraftBukkit starter.bat file and change the java version to 1.7

21. Offline

p1nkwafflez

My bro is on a different IP! and he cannot connect, ,can you help me out please :D

22. Offline

Mike2048

I have a simple suggestion, you insert a title change line into the Craftbukkit Starter.bat just to rename the window and give the ability for people hosting multiple servers to change the name to avoid confusion.

Like here is mine:
    Code:
    @ECHO OFF
    title CraftBukkit Server
    IF /I "%PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE:~-2%"=="64" "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xincgc -Xmx1024M -jar "%~dp0craftbukkit-0.0.1-snapshot.jar"
    IF /I "%PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE:~-2%"=="86"  java -Xincgc -Xmx1024M -jar "%~dp0craftbukkit-0.0.1-snapshot.jar"
    PAUSE
    Great work though on this, it is a very nice tool for first timers.

[Edit] @p1nkwafflez if you are hosting the server on your computer locally, you must use the ip: 127.0.0.1 and your bro must use your internal lan ip which you can find out by doing this:

Hold down the windows key+R then type cmd and hit enter, now type ipconfig (in the black box) then scroll up until you see IPv4 Address.........: (This is the ip you supply to your bro)

I assume you are on the same network, if you aren't and he is trying to connect through the internet then you most likely need to forward port 25565 though your firewall and/or your router.

23. Offline

ImminentFate

great idea, I'll put this in when I release the Java 1.7 compatible version, which should be in an hour or so

24. Offline

Mike2048

Cool thanks, and that was a fast reply lol.

25. Offline

Tombguy5

Hey, i'm trying to make a bukkit server, and im getting this problem:

**** FAILED TO BIND TO PORT!
    The exception was: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind
    Perhaps a server is already running on that port?

HELP! PLEASE!!!

IDK WHAT TO DO! D:

26. Offline

ImminentFate

lol, it sends me an alert whenever someone posts something here.
    By the way, any more suggestions for the installer?

you have probably tried to set the server-ip to something your computer is not using, causing it to display the error. To see what ip you need to enter, type ipconfig into command prompt and scroll down to IPv4 and put that one in there, unless it's an external IP you're using

27. Offline

Tombguy5

-.-... im not a computer tech like you, can you simplfy it?

28. Offline

ImminentFate

i will message you the steps required and you can go through them?

29. Offline

Tombguy5

I should be able to. Send them away :p

30. Offline

ImminentFate

go into
    there and we can make it sorta like a live chat. I will help out

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.