[INACTIVE] [CHAT] MantraChat v0.2 - Permissions prefixes, suffixes, formats & colours in chat [1060]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Denney, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Offline

Denney

Update (21.11.11): Sorry for the absence. I've been busy with other things lately and Minecraft has taken a back seat. Now that 1.0 is out and Bukkit soon to follow, I intend to get back to these plugins. For now though, I've removed the downloads but the source is still available at GitHub for the time being for anyone who wants it. I probably won't update this thread any more because of the move to BukkitDev.

MantraChat:
    Version: v0.2

Handles Minecraft chat and adds features such as Permissions prefixes, suffixes, message formats and colours.

As with most of my plugins, this one requires Permissions v3 or greater to be installed.

You can use the following variables in the message format:
    • [prefix] : The group prefix.
    • [suffix] : The group suffix.
    • [player] : The player's name.
    • [message] : The message sent.
    • [world] : The world the player is currently in.
    You can also use any of the colours listed at the Minecraft Wiki in '&color_code' format.

Features:
    • Add Permissions prefixes and suffixes to chat.
    • Modify the message format for chat.
    • Change the colours used in chat messages.
    • Set the message format ingame using /setmsgformat command.
    • Use /who to list players that are on-line with formatting.
    Source Code (on GitHub)

Commands:
    Show Spoiler

/setmsgformat [msgformat]
    • /setmsgformat - shows the current chat message format.
    • /setmsgformat [prefix] &7[player]: &f[message] - sets the chat message to the default format.
    /who - Shows a list of players that are currently on-line.

Permissions:
    Show Spoiler

mantrachat.setmsgformat - Allows usage of the /setmsgformat command.
    mantrachat.playerlist - Allows usage of the /who command.

Config:
    Show Spoiler

# Message format. You can use Minecraft supported colours and the following tags:
    # [prefix] - Permissions prefix.
    # [suffix] - Permissions suffix.
    # [player] - Player name.
    # [message] - Player message.
    # [world] - World player is in.
    msgformat: '[prefix] &7[player]: &f[message]'

# Player list format. You can use Minecraft supported colours and the following tags:
    # [prefix] - Permissions prefix.
    # [suffix] - Permissions suffix.
    # [player] - Player name.
    # [world] - World player is in.
    listformat: '[prefix] &7[player]'

Changelog:
    Version 0.2
    • Added support for /who player list.
    • Trim messages of whitespace before and after message.
    Version 0.1
    • Initial public release.

2. Offline

ItsCrisis

Great plugin, any chance of adding chat channels?

3. Offline

Denney

That is something I would like to do but I need to research it a little more. I want to make it as lightweight as possible.

4. Offline

ItsCrisis

Yeah that is fair enough, it is just I would love a simple, lighter version of HeroChat, plus the fact it is for an older build.

5. Offline

oz_revulsion

I'm migrating my server at the moment and as part of it I am plugin shopping. I switching to this from iChat. Love your work dude. Well done.

6. Offline

Denney

Thanks! I was using HeroChat before but found both little to heavy weight for what I wanted to do.

7. Offline

Denney

One of the complaints from our users is that they don't know WHO they can chat to so I added a simple /who command to list all the players currently on-line. It has the same abilities for formatting as the message format does (minus the message of course).

8. Offline

Tathar

If you support Permissions, why not just use its info fields (which include prefix and suffix) to assign prefixes and suffixes?

9. Offline

Denney

I don't understand. My plugin does use the Permissions info fields for prefixes and suffixes...

10. Offline

Firewolf34

Good job! Works as expected. I hated using iChat because it only supported Permissions 2.x, and was so heavyweight... But yeah, great plugin! Thanks!

11. Offline

Tathar

I must have misread your OP then. I thought you were using permission nodes instead. It's too bad that /who would conflict with one of my other chat plugins (and that I already installed jChat) or I'd use this plugin for prefixes and suffixes.

12. Offline

Denney

You can grab v0.1 from my site. That one doesn't have the /who command in it. Click the previous versions link in the OP.

I use permission nodes to decide who can use the commands provided by the plugin.

13. Offline

bastion

Hi, Denney, wondering if you are going to add superperms support or are you just going to stay with permissions? I like the simplistic approach you have with this as well as mantraspawn.

14. Offline

tombik

Thx, for this simple but useful plugin ;)!

But it don't work i use Yeti permissions 3.* and it just simply doesn't change the chat format. Running on 1000.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  15. Offline

Denney

I'm using Permissions v3.1.6 and it works fine. Do you have any other plugins that might change the chat messages at all?

16. Offline

feildmaster

Don't want to advertise too much but, for anyone wanting (simple) chat channels, I suggest looking at this:
    ChannelChat

17. Offline

Denney

Hmm.. thanks for that link. Might try it out myself. Lol.

BTW, this plugin will be completely rewritten for the next version to support inbuilt permissions meaning it will have to have it's own group interface because inbuilt permissions don't support finding out what group a player is in.

18. Offline

feildmaster

Add support for other group plugins, such as bInfo.

19. Offline

jespertheend

Well, I think this is exactly what I need.
    But I can't download it: 404

:(

20. Offline

groveham

The download link is broken? Is this plugin still active? its the exact thing i need for my server!

21. Offline

THG3

Not sure why you updated your Mantra plugins and didn't bother to update the titles.

22. Offline

Denney

Crap, sorry. Didn't even think of that... Having to edit the title separately and all.

THG3 likes this.
  23. Offline

ibreaktoucher

where to download???

24. Offline

rishabh12401

Wheres The Download link?
    Thanks!

25. Offline

OmgDude

where is the link

26. Offline

firewill39

Wheres The Download Link? Euhh ??
    Help plz....

27. Offline

SayoNaTchi

Could you supply a download link. I really need this plugin.

28. Offline

TheLavaGuy

lol, if the plugin is down so delete it [zombie]

29. Offline

JordyyyG

I really need this!!! please! wheres the download?