Best plugins?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by minimcminer, Aug 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

minimcminer

I'm looking for a list of the best plugins for CraftBukkit for 1.7.3. I had a Bukkit server when it was 1.5 but I'm looking to start one up again and noticed a lot of the plugins have changed. So I want to know what everyone thinks are the best CraftBukkit plugins for 1.7.3! Post your favorite plugin with a description of what it does and a direct download link from the BukkitDev site. I look forward to seeing what peoples favorite plugins are! :)

2. Offline

saul100

is this for a general server? or just favourite plugins? I can list the best ones for a server IMO

3. Offline

minimcminer

Both. I'm looking for good plugins for my server and I'm interested to see what people like doing on their mc servers.

4. Offline

saul100

5. Offline

Lunar Delta

Do not use VanishNoPickup. It is highly outdated and has several serious issues. Instead, use VanishNoPacket. It works flawlessly and does not have the flicker-on-teleport issues of any of the Vanish derivatives. It requires the Spout plugin, but there is no reason you should not want this anyway as it improves server performance just by having it.

WorldEdit and WorldGuard are of course, obvious choices. Voxel Sniper is an excellent complement to World Edit, and is superior in fact for doing many kinds of editing tasks, *especially* terraforming. LWC, Log Block, NoCheat, and the Raw Critics Ore Obfuscation plugin are necessary anti-griefing tools.

Of course you will need a SuperPerms Permissions manager to properly set controls for all of these. Personally, I recommend PEX, as it is the most similar to Permissions and works with Herochat, which is easily the superior chat plugin, no contest.

You will need BorderGuard to keep users and/or griefers from over-expanding your map. For general commands, I recommend CommandBook.

There are many others, but these are the essentials.

6. Offline

saul100

Also I reccomend towny advanced

7. Offline

minimcminer

Hey thanks saul! I'm downloading most of them now and configuring them soon. I'll send you a url when I'm ready to launch.

8. Offline

Lakanate

Wait, can you explain to me specifically how VanishNoPacket improves server performance by JUST having it? I am quite interested, and basically I do not need spout to see this server performance correct?(Because I have to wait for spout to update otherwise... I do use Spout, but for the obvious situation right now I cannot).

9. Offline

Lunar Delta

No, I meant Spout improves performance just by having it.

10. Offline

gvlfm78

This thread is old! We are now in 1.2.4!

11. Offline

Lolmewn

Yes it is, why would you want to reply to it?
    That's just necro-posting :confused:

12. Offline

gvlfm78

I was looking for new plugins, not 1.7.3![creeper] :oops:[creeper]

13. Offline

Lolmewn

Then make a new thread, instead of bumping an ancient one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.