How to ban dynamic IP.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by FRLanc, Sep 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

FRLanc

Hello, anybody knows how to ban dynamic IP? I tried to ban 1.1.* cause dynamic IP changes only last numbers but it didn't help. Tried by AdminCMD and bukkit.

2. Offline

bassfader

Simple: You can't, also you will then most likely ban other "innocent" people. You could ban the ingame nickname (though if you are running a offline server I guess your screwed :p In that case: Change online-mode to true and let your friends buy the game, its not that expensive)

h0us3cat likes this.
  3. Offline

ImminentFate

you can use XAuth to add security to offline servers, which will allow you to successfully ban nicknames

4. Offline

FRLanc

So i need white list.. it isnot the way. I need plugin which will ban ip like this:
    baned 1.1.*
    and so all ips which will start on 1.1 will be banned

i have 160 players on my servers so i really need it

5. Offline

Taranis01

maybe just manually banning as you wrote with the IP '1.1.*' would do the work? (don't know if that works with the build in banning system)

6. Offline

FRLanc

7. Offline

Celeixen

So ur running an offline server? Because your virtually screwed if people are joining with a dynamic, just whitelist or make it so the default group cant interact with anything.

8. Offline

AgentKid

Wait, so you want to ban an IP range? Banning an IP range doesn't always help. For example, I currently have the IP 74.110.112.170 from my home's FiOS connection. You can IP ban that IP range and it will stop all FiOS home users from connecting in this area, but I can simply hop on my 3G connection and get a 118.12.x.x IP or go to McDonalds and get a 63.x.x.x IP. Filtering an IP range doesn't always solve the problem. If you are banning a specific group of people, your best bet is a basic username ban. If you are an online-mode=false server, try AuthMe.

If you wish to ignore the above paragraph, I believe that KiwiAdmin supports IP range banning. If you want to ban EVERYONE who uses a dynamic IP (pretty much all internet users), you'd be best with an IP whitelist. I'm not sure where to find one, though.

EDIT: Also, EasyBan DOES allow IP-range banning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.