Inactive [MECH] bLift 1.2 - Simple elevators [1.2.5]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Brad811, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Offline

Brad811

bLift - Simple elevators!
    Download: bLift BukkitDev
    If you like the work I've done, or would like to see more features and improvements, please consider donating!
    Version: v1.2

If you are having issues with this plugin,

FIRST: Read the thread to make sure your question has not been answered.
    SECOND: If you can't find an answer, file a ticket: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/blift/tickets/
    If you would like to post your question instead for some reason, in your post please include:
    1. The version of this plugin you are using (the output of /version bLift, not "the latest one")
    2. The version of bukkit you are using (not "the latest one")
    3. Any error messages associated with the issue
    Otherwise I will most likely be unable to help you!

Some simple elevator action. It's only called bLift because bElevator sounds weird.
    If y'all like it, I'll add more features like multiple floors and being able to put torches in your elevators!

Simple 2-floor elevator:
    (IMAGE PENDING)

Multi-floor elevator:
    _____BOTTOM FLOOR________MIDDLE FLOORS_________TOP FLOOR______
    [​IMG]

You can get fancy with it:
    [​IMG]

Video: (NOTE: gold blocks are no longer required)

Features:
    • simple up-down elevators
    Usage:
    To use a simple 2 floor elevator, press the button to move between the floors.
    To make a 2 floor elevator up only, remove the button in the top floor.
    To make a 2 floor elevator down only, remove the button in the bottom floor.

To use a multi-floor elevator, first initiate the signs by right clicking any one of them (this only needs to be done once).
    The top number is the current floor. The bottom number is the destination. You may fill in the other two lines with anything if you like.
    Right click the sign until the bottom number says the floor number you want to go to.
    Then press the button to go to that floor.

[air] = air
    [iron] = iron block
    [glass] = glass
    [brownmushroom] = button
    [wood] = sign

Simple 2 floor elevator format:
    [iron]
    [air]
    [brownmushroom]
    [air]
    [glass]
    [air] \
    [air] (any height)
    [air] /
    [glass]
    [air]
    [brownmushroom]
    [air]
    [iron]

Multifloor elevator format:
    [iron]
    [wood]
    [brownmushroom]
    [air]
    [glass]
    [air] \
    [air] (any height)
    [air] /
    [glass]
    [wood]
    [brownmushroom]
    [air]
    [glass]
    [air] \
    [air] (any height)
    [air] /
    [glass]
    [wood]
    [brownmushroom]
    [air]
    [iron]

Changelog:

• Now goes up to level 256!
    • Floors can now be smaller (one floor's ceiling can be another floor's bottom)
    • Added command: /blift [floors OR ends] [material] (uses permission "blift")
    • Hopefully fixed a couple of glass disappearing problems
    • Added multi-floor elevators
    • Fixed glass disappearing
    • Removed gold block requirement
    • Initial release!

tobmaster3000, croxis, Omen and 5 others like this.
  2. Any way to disable message "ding" and have a config file to control speed of the lift? (set up speed and down speed Independence) Seems to go down faster then up

3. Offline

UnrealUK

i tried to make a multi-floor elevator and was using the same piece of glass for the top of one floor and the bottom of another and it wouldnt allow it to work. :\
    do you think you could fix it to where you can use the same piece of glass for the top of a floor as the bottom of another? other than making a multi-floor the 2-floor worked great. thanks

4. @Brad811
    I can see several things that can be improved.

1. Signs need to be clearer, ie:
    - Floors -
    Current: 1
    Destination: 3
    2. Ability to use other material then glass as floor/roof for floors
    3. Larger elevator, i get claustrofobic in the small space. Atleast be able to make the size 2x2.

5. It wont work for me, I don't get any error messages and i do exactly as the pictures show.
    Help?

6. @Brad811
    Theese seem to pop up fairly frequently in log

Code:
    2011-08-26 17:46:26 [SEVERE] Could not pass event REDSTONE_CHANGE to bLift
            at com.bradsproject.BradleyJewell.bLift.MultiElevator.isInMultiElevator(MultiElevator.java:96)
            at com.bradsproject.BradleyJewell.bLift.MultiElevator.prepareMultiElevator(MultiElevator.java:56)
            at com.bradsproject.BradleyJewell.bLift.MultiElevator.<init>(MultiElevator.java:38)
            at com.bradsproject.BradleyJewell.bLift.Elevator.<init>(Elevator.java:34)
            at com.bradsproject.BradleyJewell.bLift.bLiftRedstoneListener.onBlockRedstoneChange(bLiftRedstoneListener.java:22)

Also, if the elevator could bypass server kicking for floating for too long while riding the elevator, that would be great.

7. Offline

darkcloud784

will this be updated for 1060? It works but is alittle glitchy.

8. Offline

niels241

Right now the maximum amount of floors in a multi-floor elevator is 4, and I'm making a flat with 10 floors :)
    Could you make it possible to make elevators without a maximum amount of floors (or a high maximum, like 25 floors or so)? Thanks!

9. Offline

Brad811

Where are you getting that 4 is the max number of floors? Right now the only limit is map height.

10. Offline

morizuki

I'm having a bug on this combining it with NoCheat, it detects I'm flying.. :(

11. Offline

niels241

In that flat I'm building, it worked fine with 4 floors but when I added a 5th one it wouldn't work :S
    Btw, I use 1 glass block between two floors, so there is a floor underneath and above each glass block. Maybe that is the problem?

12. Offline

darkcloud784

We've been having some weird glitches with blift since bukkit 1060. It will freak out on people sometimes and make them stay in a constant up and down loop until they re-log. They go up about 8-10 blocks, then back down, rinse repeat.

13. Offline

Undrtakr

Awesome job! I love the signs to show the floors and how you can change the floor you want to go to!

14. Offline

Vezorock

what are the permissions nodes?

15. Offline

Chewhawka

Great plugin. It works on Build 1060. The only thing I have to suggest is that the bottom and top glass can be shared. Most buildings have a one thick divider between floors. All the other stuff is great. I like the simple sign idea. I took a screenshot to show you what I mean. The multi-floor elevator on the very right does not work.
    [​IMG]

Sorken likes this.
  16. Offline

maller

Hi,

I'm getting this error using CB1060

Code:
    [SEVERE] Could not pass event REDSTONE_CHANGE to bLift
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.bradsproject.BradleyJewell.bLift.MultiElevator.isInMultiElevator(MultiElevator.java:96)
        at com.bradsproject.BradleyJewell.bLift.MultiElevator.prepareMultiElevator(MultiElevator.java:56)
        at com.bradsproject.BradleyJewell.bLift.MultiElevator.<init>(MultiElevator.java:38)
        at com.bradsproject.BradleyJewell.bLift.bLiftRedstoneListener.onBlockRedstoneChange(bLiftRedstoneListener.java:22)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$35.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:483)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:338)
        at net.minecraft.server.BlockButton.interact(BlockButton.java:142)
        at net.minecraft.server.BlockButton.b(BlockButton.java:125)
        at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.dig(ItemInWorldManager.java:76)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:478)
        at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.a(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:140)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet14BlockDig.a(SourceFile:42)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:89)
        at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.a(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:478)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:454)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:363)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    2011-09-04 13:02:13 [SEVERE] Could not pass event REDSTONE_CHANGE to bLift
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$35.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:483)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:338)
    2011-09-04 13:02:15 [SEVERE] Could not pass event REDSTONE_CHANGE to bLift

17. Offline

Maniox

BEST. PLUGIN. EVER

18. Offline

monir

I have been using Blift sens realese it have been working great all the time but now people get kicked for flying how come?

19. Offline

darkcloud784

Ive noticed all kinds of weird glitches including what you mentioned since CB 1060, unfortunately I have not seen one post from the dev about fixes or for that matter an update.

20. Agreed, that would be useful.

21. Offline

HaoSs

Can't get it to work . Nothing happens, i put the sign in and if i rightclick it nothing happens. i get the "bLift version 1.1 is enabled! " in server manager. so the plugin must be on. but it act's like its not.anyone any idea how to get it working ?

Bukkit Build: CB1060
    bLift Version: 1.1.1
    Error message: None

22. Offline

Oscarius

@Brad811 Any plans on developing this plugin further?

23. Offline

billy

Hello people!
    I'm french and do not know speak English.
    I use google translator ... sorry:)
    Thank you very much for your plugin, it is too good!
    I am a french video tutorial if you want you can add it:)

thank you again.
    good job man!

24. Plugin still reports itself as being 1.1 insetad of 1.1.1

25. Offline

The_Fallen

I tried to right click the multi-level elevator sign, level one went as 1 but no others showed up not even the destination on sign 1. Please respond.

Oh never mind I fixed it. Note: It does NOT work with LWC

Good job! If you get this working propperly, it's awesome! Now this is a good developer!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
    Huene likes this.
  26. Offline

Nolam

AWESOME Plugin! :D

Just confirming to people wondering, it does work (fully, to my knowledge) on 1185 :)

27. Offline

Huene

Multi-level elevators do not work in 1185, are there still plans to update this? it's a few RB's old

28. Offline

maller

Multi-level elevators works fine for me on B1214.

29. Offline

Huene

Thank you very much I'll upgrade and try again

30. Offline

Talonleuco

I'm running 1.1 and multi-floor elevators run fine in 1185 for me.

31. Offline

Huene

Meh thank you all, it seems I missed the part about floors and ceilings not being able to be on the same block, multi-floor is working just fine excepting that problem