[GEN/MISC] MakeSpawnNotSleep v1.2.1 - Player Spawns That Use Beds, And Some Other Cool Stuff! [1317]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by insanj, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Offline

insanj

MakeSpawnNotSleep - Make Spawns, Not Sleep!
    Version: v1.2.1

The modern day home plugin! After installing, whenever a user right-clicks a bed, instead of laying down, the plugin will set the user's own spawn point to the current location. Spawn points for the user can only be set about three blocks away from where his/her previous spawn point was set. Left-clicking will just destroy the bed. The config file is elegant, easy to understand, and easy to add to, edit, or delete.

Features:
    • Users can right-click beds to set spawn!
    • Left-click to instantly break the bed like usual!
    • Automatically generated file that contains all the spawn locations of the users.
    • Persistant through server reloads, stops, relogs, you name it!
    • Multiple worlds can be used!
    Download MakeSpawnNotSleep
    Source!

2. Offline

Ross Gosling

@insanj

-Could you add a message when the spawn is set like 'Spawn Set' as players think the beds are broken

-Nobody seems to be able to break beds

3. Offline

insanj

Done and done. Re-download to have both those issues implemented.

4. Offline

Ross Gosling

Now it says you cannot sleep during the day again =/

5. Offline

insanj

Added a ton of new features, optimized, fixed that bug.
    :D :D :D :D :D

6. Offline

Ross Gosling

Thanks

@insanj
    urm now players cant use there beds because if they right click beds they break and duplicate

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  7. Offline

insanj

No kidding. That's the point.
    And also, any duplication would occur because of lagging on the player or server's end, not the programming end.
    And you don't have to just right click, left clicking is fine.

8. Offline

Ross Gosling

left and right click break the bed

9. Offline

insanj

Yes, that's the point.
    Click once to set spawn, click again to break bed.
    Walk a few blocks away, rinse, repeat.

10. Offline

Ross Gosling

urm .... ok

take sometime getting used to but ok

11. Offline

insanj

Fine, fine, making it so right-click sets spawn, left-click destroys bed. :p

EDIT: Done! Check out the main post again for the revised update.

12. Offline

Ross Gosling

ty =)

insanj likes this.
  13. Offline

iForGotten

hey could you make it so we can change the block that you spawn at so like instead of a be a block etc.

14. Offline

insanj

What?

15. Offline

Ross Gosling

@insanj

-im running 1240 and when someone has set spawn then dies it spams the console with errors, this was happening on 1185 and on 1060 aswell

-there is a bed dupe glitch

16. Offline

insanj

I'll take a look at it and try to push an update soon, thanks so much for letting me know!
    EDIT: Nevermind, there's no problem with my plugin! I just tested it with build #1317 and had no problem whatsoever. Must be with another plugin you're running or something. :/

17. Offline

Ross Gosling

i'll try it with 1317 and tell you if theres a problem

18. Offline

Subleak

Awesome idea for a plugin but its broken for my server. Possibly a conflict with HeroChat?
    A line is saved like this:
    Code:
    ?cSubleak?f?f: world, 363.4375, 64.0, 106.8125
    Each line gets deleted after every new person sets their bed. Everyone spawns at the new bed no matter the world or location. Attempted to add multiple lines, but all info is deleted once a person sets their beds.

I really hoped this would work, its exactly what I need for my server. If you need someone to test out any changes let me know. I'm the main admin for my server and am pretty experienced at bug testing.

19. Offline

varunax

There's a problem with the Plugin. It only saves 1 player's spawn. If multiple people set spawns at their beds, it just overlaps each others.

20. Offline

Nuinbot

Is this being updated at all?