WorldGuard Admin Node! (worldguard.* or worldguard.admin) Don't Work!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by BoxedKian, Nov 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

BoxedKian

Hey Guys. Title basically says it all. I have a Server and I'm trying to give a fellow Staff member all access to WorldGuard. I already gave him WorldEdit Wand and Position Selecting.

He needs to get WorldGuard Admin.

worldguard.*

or

worldguard.admin

Doesn't work.

EDIT: PermissionsBukkit doesn't support the .* Wild Card apparently. How do I give him WorldGuard Admin Access without every single node...?

2. Offline

c0mp

Which Permissions plugin are you using?

3. Offline

BoxedKian

I just Edit'd the topic. Read the "EDIT:"

4. Offline

shadrxninga

Have you installed the SuperPerms bridge? This would allow the .* to work, also you could change permissions plugins - I know for a fact that PermissionEX allows this.

5. Offline

BoxedKian

I currently own a fairly big Server and the last thing I want to do is re-do permissions. Your telling me that all is do is install this JAR for the Bridge. Nothing else happens. Nodes don't change. Permissions in McMyAdmin don't reset or change either?

6. Offline

shadrxninga

I understand, changing permission is a hassle! But, Yes! Just drop this jar into your plugins folder and in theory it should work, it will not change any permission you already have. It will just enable the * wildcard functionality - which is what you need to fix your problem.

7. Offline

BoxedKian

Yeah... turns out we already have the bridge yet worldguard.* still won't work!

8. Offline

shadrxninga

Have you updated the Super-Perms bridge to the latest version?

9. Offline

c0mp

PermissionsBukkit SORTA supports the .* wildcard nodes, but only if the plugin defines the .* nodes. WorldEdit/WorldGuard claims support this, according to the documentation, and it works fine on my server with PermissionsBukkit:
    Code:
        Moderator:

permissions:
                -SNIP-
                worldedit.*: true
                worldguard.*: true
    If you wanna pastebin your plugins/PermissionsBukkit/config.yml file and a startup log we can have a look and see why it's not working for you.

10. Offline

BoxedKian

We've been working on this for hours via McMyAdmin and FTP yet nothing is working. We are practically losing hope.

Yes we have, Updated, Rebooted and all. Many times.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.