Inactive [ECON/RPG/FUN] TreasureHunt 0.8.2 - Randomly-placed treasure goodness! [1.2.4-R1.0]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Taien, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Offline

Taien

Yeah, I've found that when I use the method the guy who makes PermsEx recommends to detect PermsEx, it throws that message quite a few times (no idea why). It's almost as if the plugin is being loaded quite a few times, since that event only occurs during the onPluginLoad event.

Anyway, your problem is really weird because I also use PermissionsEx on my server and I have no problems. Very strange. Are you sure you gave yourself the permissions to use the commands? You need the taien.th.admin permission to alter settings or view /hunt help, since /hunt help is only useful for admins. The only command any regular player needs is /hunt. /hunt help would be useless to a regular player because they can't do any of the commands in it.

Make sure you have given the taien.th.claim, taien.th.notify, taien.th.hunt, and optionally taien.th.hunttool permissions to people who you want to be able to find chests.

EDIT: I could add a separate '/treasurehunt' command if you want for basic info for players who don't have access to the admin version '/hunt help'.

2. Offline

kalez

Oh, i did notice when reloading/restarting, it will say "[TreasureHunt] Using op-only Permissions." several times, though not bunched together. Found it odd but causes no issues.

3. Offline

kahlilnc

Alright works fine now thanks. :D

4. Offline

Noxturno

any way to remove the chests ? with a command?

5. Offline

kahlilnc

It can fade.

6. Offline

DaNksta

Awesome plugin! I'll have to try this one out :D

7. Offline

Noxturno

yeah found out that when you reload server it removes them, also what does it mean when it tells what value the chest is ? I set my thing 300 600 from the center yet I get some chests values are 1000 plus or this value thing has nothing to do with the spawn range?

8. Offline

Taien

Value has to do with the item values you set in the config file. It indicates how much stuff is in the chest. So yes, it has nothing to do with the location.

9. Offline

Noxturno

thank you for fast reply ! great pluging makes every1 on my server go nuts after some1 found one and got diamond armor xD

10. Offline

Zylot

I tried installing this, but the config file gets overwritten every time the server is reloaded or stopped... thus any item value changes or item additions, as well as affected world changes won't stick. Any idea about this?

11. Offline

kalez

stop the server, THEN make the changes. some plugins work that way.

12. Offline

Taien

/hunt reload after changing the config file.

13. Offline

LordDead1233

I am using this plugin its awesome but I got a problem when I start my server it crashes in 1 minute and I don't get any error in console and I removed this plugin for once and it will just go like normall..
    could someone tell me how to fix this

14. Offline

Taien

You probably have the settings for where a chest can appear set too tight or have it set to generate chests in areas where the world hasn't been generated yet. It has a chance to generate one once a minute by default and when it does it searches the world for (by default) a dark location underground. You should change the settings in the config file to what you need. If it's not generating a config file for you, try starting the server and then shutting it down right away so it saves settings.

15. Offline

Raycrash

16. Offline

LordDead1233

its not helping somehow...
    could you maybe sent me in a conversation a default (good) config sir

17. Offline

Taien

Currently no, but I could set it up. Although I've never programmed for Spout yet so I can't guarantee that would work. :p I'll have to take a look

here's the one my server uses, alter it as you see fit.

Code:
    Singles:
      DIAMOND_PICKAXE: 240
      CHAINMAIL_LEGGINGS: 600
      CHAINMAIL_BOOTS: 600
      DIAMOND_CHESTPLATE: 400
      DIAMOND_AXE: 240
      GOLDEN_APPLE: 1000
      DIAMOND_LEGGINGS: 380
      DIAMOND_BOOTS: 300
      DIAMOND_SWORD: 240
      CHAINMAIL_CHESTPLATE: 600
      DIAMOND_SPADE: 240
      FIRE: 600
      CHAINMAIL_HELMET: 600
      DIAMOND_HELMET: 340
    Multiples:
      BRICK: 4
      MUSHROOM_SOUP: 160
      PISTON_BASE: 100
      THIN_GLASS: 20
      SULPHUR: 20
      LAPIS_BLOCK: 200
      GOLD_BLOCK: 160
      GOLD_INGOT: 18
      IRON_FENCE: 40
      TNT: 80
      GLOWSTONE: 12
      FEATHER: 4
      STONE: 3
      SMOOTH_BRICK: 36
      MOSSY_COBBLESTONE: 40
      COOKIE: 20
      JACK_O_LANTERN: 140
      PISTON_STICKY_BASE: 240
      WATER: 100
      IRON_INGOT: 30
      SLIME_BALL: 60
      IRON_BLOCK: 240
      PUMPKIN_SEEDS: 300
      RAILS: 20
      DIAMOND_BLOCK: 800
      DIAMOND: 200
      ENDER_PEARL: 100
      REDSTONE: 6
      MELON_SEEDS: 160
      OBSIDIAN: 40
      WEB: 120
      WHEAT: 8
      SMOOTH_STAIRS: 30
      FLINT: 4
      VINE: 14
      EGG: 10
      GLASS: 6
    Options:
      HuntTool: ROTTEN_FLESH
      ChestChance: 55
      ChestInterval: 30
      ChestDuration: 60
      MaxDistance: 3000
      MinDistance: 210
      CenterX: 8
      CenterZ: -81
      DrawWeight: 4
      Worlds:
      - world
      MinLightLevel: 0
      MaxLightLevel: 4
      UseMarker: true
      MinElevation: 4
      MaxElevation: 50
      MaxElevationRare: 25
      CanSpawnOn:
      - STONE
      - SMOOTH_BRICK
      - MOSSY_COBBLESTONE
      - OBSIDIAN
      SecondsBetweenChecks: 5
    It goes in TreasureHunt/config.yml

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2016
  18. Offline

cr0ss

Ran into an issue tonight running a treasure hunt 'event'.

Running the latest TH release, bukkit 1489 and the latest PEX (if that matters). Basically the issue was, once I spawned the treasure, we had about 40-50 people all typing /hunt over and over (on a 10 second cooldown) to find where its at/how far away they were. Once they started doing this, though, we had major server lag (TPS / Clock issues) very quickly. I am assuming the /hunt command makes a call to the player to see their location and checks that against the treasure, then reports a message back to the player. Is there any reason this could cause a ton of server lag?

Edit: Actually it appears to be a problem when people get CLOSE to the chest, when it is perhaps doing the constant checking to see who is closest over and over? It starts tanking the TPS very heavily. Is there any way to disable that?

19. Offline

-Pr0ph3t-

Hi everyone,

Great mod and thank you for your continued development!

I have a permission problem I think however, similar to the one a few posts above.

even as admin, /hunt tells me there are no active hunts

/hunt help just returns /hunt
    and so do the rest of the commands

Editing the config does nothing as it resets upon reboot (I'm scared to set it to read-only)

Even with the settings as is, nobody received a broadcast and according to my logs it doesn't even activate.

Even when I add tain.notify etc.. to any group it doesn't change anything.

I'm using group manager

Here's some snippets to help diagnose:

2011-11-25 07:54:18 [INFO] [TreasureHunt] Activating...
    2011-11-25 07:54:18 [INFO] [TreasureHunt] Loading configuration.
    2011-11-25 07:54:18 [INFO] [TreasureHunt] Loaded spawnable blocks (4).
    2011-11-25 07:54:18 [INFO] [TreasureHunt] Loaded 51 items successfully.
    2011-11-25 07:54:18 [INFO] [TreasureHunt] Activated.
    2011-11-25 07:54:18 [INFO] [TreasureHunt] Using op-only Permissions.
    2011-11-25 07:54:18 [INFO] [SuperpermBridge] Superperm/Permissions bridge enabled
    2011-11-25 07:54:18 [INFO] [TreasureHunt] Using op-only Permissions.
    2011-11-25 07:54:18 [INFO] [DuckShop] Loaded 0 chest link(s).
    2011-11-25 07:54:18 [INFO] [DuckShop] Permissions plugin detected!
    2011-11-25 07:54:18 [INFO] [DuckShop] Using TheYeti for permissions.
    2011-11-25 07:54:18 [INFO] [DuckShop] No chest protection found.
    2011-11-25 07:54:18 [INFO] [DuckShop] Version 30 enabled. No viruses, honest!
    2011-11-25 07:54:18 [INFO] [TreasureHunt] Using op-only Permissions

Admin:
    default: false
    permissions:
    - essentials.backup
    - essentials.broadcast
    - essentials.gc
    - essentials.kick
    - essentials.kick.notify
    - essentials.tempban
    - BOSEconomy.common.bank.rename
    - BOSEconomy.admin.bank.create
    - BOSEconomy.admin.bank.addowner
    - BOSEconomy.admin.bank.addmember
    [...]
    - -essentials.setxmpp
    - -essentials.xmppspy
    - -essentials.sethome
    - -essentials.setspawn
    - taien.th.admin
    inheritance:
    - g:essentials_admin
    - g:bukkit_admin
    info:
    prefix: '&c'
    build: true
    suffix: ''

- Doesn't even activate left it running all night, timer was set to 2 hour intervals.

So basically,

1. What would be the permissions assigned to the common player, so that the only way he can hunt for the chest is by using the tool. (no /hunt!)

2. What would be the permissions assigned to the admins, so that they can start the hunt, and modify its parameters (is there a way to also remove /hunt from them)

Thanks again, and sorry for the long winded post, just want to make sure you have as much info as possible.

20. Offline

LordDead1233

@Taien thx it works now but what is the tiniest maxdist I can use?

21. Offline

TheTimin8o

Can you add manual placing of chest for ops?
    It would be great if ops can set down chest in secret areas manually.

22. Offline

Taien

It only checks player locations when people do the command...or use the tool. Hmmmm. I've been trying to think of a way to make that more efficient as well...because I kind of foresaw this as a problem. Basically what I need to do is find a better way to handle the /hunt command and closest player stuff. The way it works now is the most ACCURATE, but not necessarily the best way to do it processor-wise. I'll look into it for you. Thanks for letting me know.

1. taien.th.hunttool, taien.th.notify, taien.th.claim
    2. taien.th.admin, taien.th.notify, taien.th.claim, taien.th.hunttool

Just wondering - what kind of permissions do you use? Is it PermissionsEx? Only that form of permissions is usable (aside from PermissionsBukkit), otherwise you'll need op to do the admin stuff. Let me know and we'll try to track down the problem.

Well, I wouldn't set it to 0, as that would probably cause it to hang(I'll have to make some kind of protection against that), but really any value is acceptable. The area is square, btw.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2016
  23. Offline

LordDead1233

@Taien alright I will try 250 or 500 thx anyways for this great plugin

24. Offline

Kuboken

Hello Love the plugin but its dose not work well with world border... is there any way to set the area where they can spawn with out it using 0,0 as the center? or you can region it with a wand

25. Offline

-Pr0ph3t-

Hello!

I'm sorry it was my bad. The mistake I was making was that 1 in 100 chances to spawn a chest every 30 minutes... I missed that detail lol. I broke my head for like a day trying to figure that out.

Everything works great now!

As for permissions.. well mine's a bit of a mess. I have group manager, essentials and permissions.. Unfortunately I'm learning this stuff on my own so yeah..

26. Offline

Zombiemold

This works perfectly in 1.0. Thanks for an awesome plugin. It has gotten everyone off their butts on the server, and gets them moving.
    I do have some suggestions and requests. I'd love to see the ability to add custom loot, if possible. (I have seen the config, but I am not sure if I can modify it)
    Additionally, I would especially love the idea to block /hunt commands, and only allow them to check for the location with a compass, which I think is pretty awesome. Compasses don't get much use on my server, and using an item to trigger the /hunt command would be a lot easier, as it's a bit cumbersome when trying to race others. I haven't tried changing the hunt material from the config yet, wasn't sure if it would "Consume" the compass or something.
    Also, I would like to be able to change the message that appears when chests come out, to tell them to bring out their compasses, or use /hunt or whatever. Some new players aren't immediately aware of what to do.

27. Offline

Taien

In the next version I'll add an option on whether to consume the item or not. I'll see if I can set up allowing you to set the message, too. :)

You can already prevent them from doing /hunt by not giving them the taien.th.hunt permission. And you can set custom loot if you know its item name. I think I set it up to accept IDs, too. (maybe not, try it)

28. Offline

rmb938

my config file is not generating.

29. Offline

kahlilnc

Weird 5e should generate it. All other builds didnt except this one.

30. Offline

rmb938

Well I just made the folder and files and it populated it automatically so its all good now :)