How to set rank ladders in PermissionsEx????

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by EmperorXing, Nov 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

EmperorXing

Hello guys,
    I need to learn how to set up the PermissionsEx "rank-ladders". I know the node for this ispermissions.user.promote.<ladder>, but i NEED to know how to setup the ladder, so my Moderators can promote people! I've been trying to figure this for HOURS!
    This may be wrong, but @t3hk0d3 Can you PLEASE help me?

Thanks,
    Michael

toomuchtnt likes this.
  2. Offline

shadrxninga

@EmperorXing
    I have a feeling I gave you a link to how to set this up before... I may be wrong though.

Just follow what @t3hkod3 has already documented for you on the PermissionEX wiki.

To quote from it:

Show Spoiler

If your still not sure after reading through that, then I will try help you out - This should really be all you need though.

3. Offline

EmperorXing

@shadrxninja Yes, I've read through that about 6 times, yet I STILL don't understand it. -.- Please help?

4. Offline

MC_Powder

Just do "pex promote "you username"

Dont do
    pex promote user "username" That wont work :p

5. Offline

Apachekiller

You don't have to use ladders you can just use the same permission node but without the ladder part.

6. Offline

toomuchtnt

This seriously makes no sense to me, it just says that the user is not in the ladder. please! someone help me! :'(

7. Offline

Apachekiller

Try watching this video:

8. Offline

EmperorXing

@Apachekiller This wasnt much help. I know how to do this stuff already.

Pleasee help anyone!

9. Offline

pyraetos

10. Offline

Apachekiller

Just follow as it they did in the video then just give your mods this permission node: permissions.user.promote WITH OUT THE LADDER

11. Have you set the "rank" option for each rank?

For example:
    Code:
            options:

12. Offline

Deleted user

I'm having this SAME problem! HOW DO YOU CREATE LADDERS?!?!?!?
    Right now i feel like just deleting this plugin.

Y'know what, I will. Bye problems!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2016
  13. Offline

TagYeeEnglish

I can see that this thread is a little old, however I thought I'd post the node that worked for me.

I also kept getting the same problem relating to the "ladder"

I'd use /pex promote user
    and it would tell me, I did not have permission to promote on this "ladder"

The permissions that you need to add, are:

- permissions.user.promote.default
    - permissions.user.demote.default

default is the name of the ladder, if you only have 1 ladder in your PermissionEx permissions.yml

14. Offline

aznPIG

In my opinion, this is simple.

If you have the permission (permissions.*) you are then able to create ladders. Think as this as my permissions file:

Guest:
    default: true
    Member:
    default: false
    Builder:
    default: false

We can use these ranks for example. IN GAME, type /pex group guest rank 1 Free (Free is just my ladder name.)
    Then, type /pex group Member rank 2 Free. Then, /pex group Builder rank 3 Free. As you can see where I am going with this. Basically I will do a template just in case: /pex group {GROUPNAME} rank {# In ladder} {LADDERNAME}. Groupname= What your group is called. # in ladder is like 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and keep going, depending on where your group stands. and Laddername is whatever ladder you want to create/join.

NP,
    aznPIG

kaiegggy likes this.
  15. Offline

Deleted user

The author of PermissionsEx is busy enough; he has spare time to deal with people who won't help themselves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.