Inactive [MECH] SkinSelector v0.5.1 - You decide the choice of skins and CAPES [Spout][1.0.1-R1]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Rahazan, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Offline

Rahazan

SkinSelector
    <Edit by Moderator: Redacted bit url>

This plugin allows you to decide which skins a group, with a certain permission node, can select. This means there will be no more dwarves with creeper skins at last. Maybe you want all the players in the economist group to have a nice business suit, your elves to have long ears and donators the only one with their own skin. It is now all possible.

Oh, now (v0.2.1) also features capes!

A must for roleplaying servers!

Show Spoiler
    Screenshots of this plugin.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

How to use:

SKINS

In config.yml you find two lists, one with the groups that have different skins. Below, a list for every group that you have named above with links to the skin.png. Players with skinselector.<yourgroupname>, for example, skinselector.elf can choose from the skins in the elf list.
    It is possible for players to be able to choose from more than one group, simply make them inherit the permission nodes for both groups.

Players with skinselector.use can make use of the GUI, others can not. Make sure players with this permission have skins to choose from or you'll get some nasty errors!

Players with the skinselector.unrestricted can choose any skin from any list, and use their own skin as well (the one they have selected at minecraft.net).

EnforceSkin set to true will bug the players at every login, if they can use the GUI (have skinselector.use permission node), until they have chosen a skin.

DefaultSkin is the skin that players will have who have not chosen a skin (yet).

CAPES
    In config.yml you find two lists, one with the groups that have different capes. Below, a list for every group that you have named above with links to the cape.png. Players with capeselector.<yourgroupname>, for example, capeselector.christmas can choose from the capes in the christmas list.
    It is possible for players to be able to choose from more than one group, simply make them inherit the permission nodes for both groups.

Players with capeselector.use can make use of the GUI, others can not. Make sure players with this group have capes to choose from or you'll get some nasty errors!

Players with the capeselector.unrestricted can choose any cape from any list.

EXAMPLE CONFIG.YML
    Code:
    EnforceSkin: true
    DebugMode: false
    DefaultSkin: http://www.minecraft.net/images/char.png
    CapeGroups:
    - Christmas
    SkinGroups:
    - Elf
    ######################################
    Default:
    - 'http://www.minecraft.net/images/char.png'
    Elf:
    - 'http://dl.dropbox.com/u/43693599/elf.png'
    - 'http://dl.dropbox.com/u/43693599/elf2.png'
    Christmas:
    - 'http://www.minecraftwiki.net/images/archive/3/33/20110129073421%21Xmas.png'
    Dependencies:
    * SpoutPlugin serverside.
    * SpoutCraft clientside(if the player wants to use this plugin).

Features:
    * Easy to configure.
    * Lightweight.
    * Permissions-based.
    * Hotkey configurable in SpoutCraft ( "]"-key and "["-key by default)
    * Players can re-select a skin or cape at any time.
    * Debugmode to help you find where mistakes are in your config (or mistakes on my end).

Downloads:

<Edit by Moderator: Redacted bit url>

Show Spoiler
    I removed the link, plugins are not to be sold on the Bukkit forums.

What do you get when you purchase it.
    * Access to the dropbox repository of this plugin, where you can download the latest paid version (and later versions when released). This access remains for 72 hours. Every update, I will re-activate it for all buyers, you will be able to download the newest version and you will receive a notification in your inbox. If you need to have access for whatever reason, send me an e-mail and I will re-activate.
    * Ad-free version of the plugin, the GUI does not show the name of the plugin and the name of the author.
    * A special place in my heart.

IMPORTANT NOTE: You pay for the version of the plugin at the time of the purchase, next versions and continued support are not guaranteed. Any next version is to be considered a gift.I may very well get run over by a car tomorrow, or simply decide to stop releasing additions to the plugin. Keep this in mind before you make the purchase.

Oh and if you like this plugin, please tell me which server it is hosted on. I would love to hop on by and see how it is used, and how the plugin can be improved to better suit the needs.

Show Spoiler
    How does it help my plugin?
    Plugin-wise, in absolutely no way.

Then why on Earth would I donate?
    Time and effort was put into this plugin. Maybe this plugin makes your life easier, gets your server more players or simply makes you and the players have a good time.
    How do I donate?
    You can donate through PayPal. If you do not have the means to do so, you can also "donate" by showing your appreciation in the form of a nice comment. These donations and comments keep me motivated. Oh, and it keeps me alive in this overpriced studentroom I live in. It means the world to me.

Thank you for reading this.

Changelog
    Version 0.5.1
    * Moved the arrow buttons slightly up, they are now centered height-wise.
    * Added debugmode. With this setting enabled the plugin will log a lot of things it is doing to the console with the <SSDEBUG> tag in front of it. To enable this set DebugMode = true in config.yml
    * Added line of text containing the version of the plugin and the author's name on the GUI.

These are the last features that will be found in the free version.

Version 0.4.1
    * Added /skinselector reload and /skinselector reset
    * Added permissionsnode skinselector.reload for both of these commands.
    * The plugin now places the skin and cape upon respawn, no matter what. Previously people who respawned (due to dying) had their original skin and no cape. Also prompts users if EnforceSkin is set to true to select a skin if they haven´t already.

Version 0.3.2
    * Made all permissions-checks lowercase. Possible fix for PermissionsEX users, make all your permissions nodes lowercase.

Version 0.3.1
    * Added a button to remove cape if wearing one.

Version 0.2.3
    * Fixed permissions.

Version 0.2.2
    * Error fix.

Version 0.2.1
    * Added capes!
    * Added capeselector.use and skinselector.use permission nodes.
    * Slight performance tweak.

Version 0.1.1
    * Initial release.

Any feedback is more than welcome!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2017
  2. Offline

Rahazan

Big update, now supports capes.
    v0.2.2

3. Offline

Zynastor

Nice.

*Dwarves

4. Offline

Rahazan

Fixed.

5. Offline

NuclearW

Moved to releases.

6. Offline

dandaman1001

So, you need both Spout plugin AND client?

7. Offline

Rahazan

That is correct, these features are not possible on non-spout clients.

8. This plugin no support reload in cmd.exe
    =(

Code:
    28/12/2011 21:53:55 [INFO] [SkinSelector] (Por Rahazan) v0.2.2 descargado!
    28/12/2011 21:53:55 [INFO] [Tornos] Cierre de todos los torniquetes abiertos ...
    28/12/2011 21:53:55 [INFO] [ChestShop] la versión 3.3 de apagar!
    28/12/2011 21:53:55 [INFO] [Trabajos v2.6.0] ha sido habilitado con éxito.
    28/12/2011 21:53:55 [INFO] [MobArena] con discapacidad.
    28/12/2011 21:53:56 [INFO] DungeonBuilder - calabozo configuración de la carpeta raíz: plugins / mazmorras
    28/12/2011 21:53:56 [INFO] clientes MLOG con Java 1.4 + registro estándar.
    28/12/2011 21:53:56 [INFO] [permisos] (Yeti) se ha inicializado.
    28/12/2011 21:53:56 [INFO] [permisos] Versión [3.1.6] (Yeti) cargado
    28/12/2011 21:53:56 [GRAVE] java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    28/12/2011 21:53:56 [graves] en sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0 (método nativo)
    28/12/2011 21:53:56 [graves] en sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke (Unknown Source)
    28/12/2011 21:53:56 [graves] en sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke (Unknown Source)
    28/12/2011 21:53:56 [graves] en java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke (Unknown Source)
    28/12/2011 21:53:56 [graves] en org.getspout.spout.packet.CustomPacket.addClassMapping (CustomPacket.java: 146)
    28/12/2011 21:53:56 [graves] en org.getspout.spout.Spout.onEnable (Spout.java: 248)
    28/12/2011 21:53:56 [graves] en org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled (JavaPlugin.java: 188)
    28/12/2011 21:53:56 [graves] en org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin (JavaPluginLoader.java: 968)
    28/12/2011 21:53:56 [graves] en org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin (SimplePluginManager.java: 280)
    28/12/2011 21:53:56 [graves] en org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin (CraftServer.java: 186)
    28/12/2011 21:53:56 [graves] en org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins (CraftServer.java: 169)
    28/12/2011 21:53:56 [graves] en org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.reload (CraftServer.java: 435)
    28/12/2011 21:53:56 [graves] en org.bukkit.Bukkit.reload (Bukkit.java: 187)
    28/12/2011 21:53:56 [graves] en org.bukkit.command.defaults.ReloadCommand.execute (ReloadCommand.java: 22)
    28/12/2011 21:53:56 [graves] en org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch (SimpleCommandMap.java: 165)
    28/12/2011 21:53:56 [graves] en org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand (CraftServer.java: 378)
    28/12/2011 21:53:56 [graves] en org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand (CraftServer.java: 374)
    28/12/2011 21:53:56 [graves] en net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.b (MinecraftServer.java: 564)
    28/12/2011 21:53:56 [graves] en net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w (MinecraftServer.java: 541)
    28/12/2011 21:53:56 [graves] en net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run (MinecraftServer.java: 425)
    28/12/2011 21:53:56 [graves] en net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run (SourceFile: 457)
    28/12/2011 21:53:56 [GRAVE] causada por: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Identificación del paquete duplicado: 195
    28/12/2011 21:53:56 [graves] en net.minecraft.server.Packet.a (Packet.java: 25)
    28/12/2011 21:53:56 [GRAVE] ... 21 más
    28/12/2011 21:53:57 [INFO] [Pico] Boquilla 644 se ha inicializado

9. Offline

Rahazan

Reloading a server is always a bad idea, in case you didn't know this. Anyway, I do not see why it would not be functional, probably because the spout code does not support reloading. Are you sure it's this specific plugin causing the errors and not SpoutPlugin?

EDIT: It happens too without any plugins installed besides SpoutPlugin. It seems to be caused by SpoutPlugin and not by this specific plugin.

10. You are right, the problem is the Spout

11. Offline

Rahazan

Added a video!

Anyone have a clue why the double spoilers are present? :/

12. I want to use your plugin but the failure of spout will not let me = (
    Only need the plug spout, right?

13. Offline

Rahazan

The plugin requires SpoutPlugin, that's right.

In case you wish to learn more about why one should not use /reload, link.

14. como abro el GUI in my server?
    Lo siento, se que está recién lanzado este plugin

15. Offline

Rahazan

Ehm, I don't speak Spanish I'm afraid. You open the GUI by pressing ''['' or '']'' by default, you do need to use the SpoutCraft client in order to do this.

Oh, and a permissions fix:
    v0.2.3 go!

16. Offline

iMint

Haha, i was just working on a cape selector plugin, but you saved me a lot of work! Nice plugin man!

17. Offline

ruffasus

I'm not sure I understand seeing as it's not working. Okay, so I have Spout and Spoutcraft plugins for Bukkit, as well as your skinselecter. I just tried it, but the "[" or "]" keys don't do anything. Than again, I might have spoutcraft installed to the client wrong, I don't see instructions. Any help would be appreciated, I've been waiting for something like this for A WHILE.
    Thanks

18. Offline

Rahazan

Hey there @ruffasus,

Are you running the spoutcraft client, or did you only install it? SpoutCraft is an actual client and not just a mod for minecraft.
    In case you are, you can find the binding menu in Options > Controls. You can then de-check Vanilla bindings to reveal the bindings by plugins :)

I hope this helped.

19. Offline

ruffasus

So it's an actual client, like Bukkit? So that means I'd have to create a run.dat to use it have it done that way?

20. Offline

Rahazan

It's an actual client like, uhm, the vanilla minecraft client.
    You place SpoutPlugin.jar in your plugins folder, and the players in your server, whom you wish to use this plugin for, run spoutcraft.exe to play the game. If you want to learn more about the client and spoutplugin you should have a look at getspout.org

21. Offline

ruffasus

Alright, thanks for the help man, and great work!

22. Offline

worstboy32

OMG nice :D
    this is perfect.
    You are making great plugins :D
    thanks again will test tommorow

23. Offline

nicquehen

Nice plugin i implement it ! (Just for the cape feature :p )

24. So it does not work for those who use online mode "false"?
    The client needs to login and password =(

25. Offline

Rahazan

Ehm, I think you are commenting on the wrong plugin ;).

26. Offline

Cybermaxke

Maybe add a button to disable the capes?? To turn them off when you are using them.

27. Offline

Rahazan

Great idea, has been implemented in the new version (0.3.1)!

28. Offline

Cybermaxke

Ok nice :D

29. Offline

nicquehen

I will still ask the same functionality :D good idea

30. sorry I have not explained, this plugin works with spoutcraft.
    but the client spoutcraft asks for login and password.