Minecraft 1.1 is out.

Discussion in 'Bukkit News' started by EvilSeph, Jan 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

EvilSeph

Mojang have just released an update for Minecraft, bringing us to Minecraft 1.1.

Along with several bug fixes, this update provides the following:
    • Bow Enchantments
    • Golden Apple recipe
    • New language translations.
    • Slightly smoothed color transitions between biomes
    • Reduced brewing time to 20 seconds
    • Added spawn eggs to creative (the colors of the eggs even look like the mobs)
    • Added world type options (currently only super-flat and default)
    • Removed collision box from ladders
    • Sheep eat grass and regain their wool
    While you wait for us to release an update, check out this video for a sneak peek on what Minecraft 1.1 has to offer:

Please try and advise your users not to update or they will likely not be able to connect to your server. If you would like to help us out with the update process, you can hop on our IRC chat on irc.esper.net @ #bukkit and report any bugs you come across (both Minecraft and Bukkit bugs when we have a compatible development build out).

This is just a short announcement to let you know that we are aware of this and are working on it as I type this.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. As always, we'll have a development build out as soon as possible to support this update and will follow with an RB when we feel it is ready.

Zipzapdk, Shukon, bashy0101 and 16 others like this.
  2. Offline

FishTits

when is the next release when is the next release when is the next release when is the next release when is the next release when is the next release when is the next release when is the next release when is the next release when is the next release when is the next release when is the next release when is the next release when is the next release when is the next release when is the next release when is the next release when is the next release when is the next release when is the next release when is the next release when is the next release

Jeremy Stuck, ronix and QBcrusher like this.
  3. Offline

knutarn

Work now. but if you /home or /spawn you fall out from map

btw I try and write ÅÆØ in large case then i get strange characters

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2016
  4. Offline

mrlwiggy

Sounds like chunks aren't loading properly :( What bukkit build are you running?

5. Offline

knutarn

last 1717 but work and not work

6. Offline

Kainzo

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

someoneB and AegisZephyr like this.
  7. Offline

Ekevoo

What's the appropriate way to provide feedback then?

8. Offline

NuclearW

You can discuss the development build in the appropriate forums, not just in this announcement thread.

9. Offline

untergrundbiber

Jenkis down?
    I only get 502 Bad Gateway

10. Offline

tunnelrat

Same here, any mirrors out there?

11. Offline

melrose123

Same i get 502 bad gateway aswell :/ any mirrors?

12. Your grammar and typing is atrocious. Yes I'm posting on bukkit, single player is what brought me here. Keep replying and more LOLs, that is really helping your point. See how I used 'your'. Pay attention.

13. Offline

flamedaces

ok well..i got a vanilla server up in replace of my bukkit server. Take your time people-who-make-bukkit, just try and get it updated before the next minecraft update :3

14. Offline

Jeremy Stuck

LOL, ok, that killed 3 min out of the 2 weeks its gonna(may) take you to release and update. While you wait... lol

I love it, all my long time members and VIPS were all logged in yesterday. I asked if they updated...

"We know better"

I'm teaching them well. :)

15. Offline

ZachBora

Jeb should develop a system that :
    When it pops if you want to update, it lists underneath your saved minecraft server list and shows their running versions.

16. Offline

Jeremy Stuck

DON GET ME STARTED ON THIS ONE! UGH!

Fix #1: Selectable builds by menu
    Fix #2: The server y0u are connecting to is running build X would you like to down/upgrade to X to join?
    Fix #3: Warning message: If you update the multiplayer servers you normally connect to may not be able to update and you may not be able to join them. Do you still wish to update?
    Fix #4: Mojang and Bukket work together and release their updates together

Im sure I can keep going but im gonna stop now, Its infuriating.

17. Offline

tunnelrat

Dear Mojang Fanboy,

You come to a site dedicated to (as you say) modcraft, call players that like/use mods "uncreative", extol the virtues and superiority of single player vanilla, disparage the entire basis of modifying an existing game as well as the community who prefer it over vanilla, and now your battle plan is grammar police?

If you want to play grammar police, you might want to revisit your post and edit "Keep replying and more LOLs, that is really helping your point." to reflect a valid, intelligible sentence structure. Unless of course you are trying to encourage CrashNT to retain ownership of "replying" as well as to increase his inventory of LOLs. In that case, perhaps I am simply missing a key reference to what that could possibly mean. Also, "grammar and typing" is either redundant or implies that you have somehow devised a way to scry a remote users physical manipulation of their input device. If it is the latter, please share this wizardry!

A better course of action might be to refute opinions and viewpoints that you disagree with by sharing your opposing thoughts and then citing tangible references that support them. Going on a childish tirade filled with sweeping assumptions and generalizations about those who use server modifications, let alone doing so at a site which exists solely to develop and support an infrastructure dedicated exactly to that group, simply makes you look like an ass. Or at the very least, one who wears an ass for a hat.

While I (grudgingly) share your assessment that Mojang deserves respect for conceiving and producing the wonder that we all enjoy, I also share the opinion that Bukkit works not only harder but also caters directly to the larger segment of avid Minecrafters (which is in the SMP realm) and the future of the game overall. Even more importantly, bukkit.org is vastly more informative and useful than minecraft.net. I am not even going to get into the superiority of the Bukkit dev team's communication skills over that of Mojang, simply because the fact that Bukkit's developers are unpaid, and Mojang's communications are almost completely absent would make any comparison absurd.

I have arrived at this conclusion by the empirical evidence (as mentioned by others) of my server population after an update, followed by the general assessment of the majority of the player base (those that return once Bukkit and critical plugins are updated) as to the content delivered in any given Mojang update.

My server population immediately goes to zero because they want to see the new content and they know, due to the many things that have to happen in order to do so, it could be some time before the server gets updated .

Once the players start coming back, invariably the results of their satisfaction with the Mojang specific content are the same. They might like 1 or 2 of the new additions or fixes, but overall they are upset with either/or:

- Mojang's penchant for thieving ideas previously created by mod developers and implementing them in a slip-shod fashion that is far from complete, or intentionally breaking the mechanics of a given mod.

- Mojang's penchant for including new content which varies both in usefulness as well as stability, instead of correcting issues with existing content which have plagued the game for long periods of time.

But, the single most SMP destroying factor is the mind boggling inability for them to release any major content updates without destroying existing chunk boundaries. Instead of simply developing an algorithm that would transition chunks generated by the existing seed to match up with chunks containing the newly updated content, updates require one of the following:

- The systematic annihilation of thousands of hours of effort by generating a new map (Which may be fine for a single-player commando, but for those of us with cities containing fully functional merchant districts, 1:10 scale Star Destroyers, tens of thousands of meters of rail infrastructure, and collaborative build complexes that span for kilometers, it's simply not an option every time some knee-jerk update gets dropped)

- Hours of using MCEdit and WorldEdit to export/import existing structures/land masses into a newly generated map. As good as the tools are, even with painstaking care taken, the end result is less than aesthetically pleasing.

- Continuing on with the existing world map and enjoying the enormous amount of heinous looking mismatched chunk boundaries in all areas that are newly generated.

The bottom line: myself and all of those who play on my server and have voiced their opinions on the matter are never upset with Bukkit, various plug-ins, or other community created content. It's with the company they actually paid money to for a product, and updates to that product, that consistently fall short of the mark in almost every conceivable way.

18. Offline

Jeremy Stuck

Btw, the person who your directing that wall of text to has a server or uses bukket. I read his back posts. He is just starting trouble. Ignore em.

19. Offline

blackdogranch

Running Dev build 1718 with following plugins:

Essentials, Worldguard, WorldEdit, Lockette, PVPArena, War, WorldInventories, and some others

Everything seems good.

20. Offline

tunnelrat

I know, I got sucked in... I ignored the Trolldar readings and plowed ahead anyway...

On a brighter note, ci.bukkit.org is back in action - woot!

21. Offline

Azzarrel

#1718 everything works fine atm, but the server changed my biomes again, like it does after each minecraft-update - now the whole world is a big ice-biome -.-
    first it was a nomal beautiful green land, then it changed into swamp - and now theres snow on my fucking pyramides
    help...

22. Offline

tunnelrat

In the past, I have used a biome edit plugin to set a chunk back to desert or whatever, and then WorldEdit's /thaw command...

This go, I am once again generating a new map and exporting/importing portions of the existing map into it... I will try to find that plugin, or one similar.

23. Offline

Karuso33

My chat is only white, too.

24. Offline

544nick101

Odd... hopefully the new craftbukkit will fix this.

25. Offline

tunnelrat

That's not cool, Minecraft is equal opportunity...

seriosbrad and emericask8ur like this.
  26. Offline

ZachBora

That's sad. I wonder if it also removed the colors on my iChatPlayerList plugin hmm... Will test it this weekend.
    Highlight the above line.

27. Offline

544nick101

Hum wonder if a plugin can fix this....

28. Offline

cenkner

Would just like to say thanks to the Bukkit team. You are awesome.

544nick101 likes this.
  29. Offline

bartmanicus

For folks looking for builds, check out Jenkins. Just setup build 1719 vanilla (no mods). Works well so far.

30. Offline

opdelt

Yes. A player on my server is having the same problem. Nobody else on the server is having the problem. That tells my it's client-side. What's your OS? What do you have for a video card? Java version?

31. Offline

544nick101

Video Card : Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family
    Java : Version 6 Update 30

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.