Phasing from Forums to BukkitDev: Keep your topics updated!

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by resba, Oct 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

resba

As we all know the forums are being phased out and being replaced with BukkitDev. During this transition period we would like to remind everyone to please keep your threads updated. While we are allowing people to use the forums for placeholders topics for "Get Plugins" we remind you that these still show up on "Get Plugins" and if you don't keep them up to date users will not see your plugins as updated even if they are updated on BukkitDev.

As per submission guidelines if your topic is not updated to match a recommended build within the last three versions it will be moved to Inactive/Unsupported.

Once again, thanks for working with us during this transition period.

2. Offline

Deleted user

So after a few days, this forum will be deleted, and you expect us to move our plugins from here to BukkitDev?
    And is plugins.bukkit.org going away?

Tadas159 likes this.
  3. Offline

h0us3cat

Where is the plugin? :p

4. Offline

resba

plugins.bukkit.org is not going away, it's being switched over to read from BukkitDev instead of the forums. It's posted in EvilSeph's announcement.

5. Offline

Deleted user

Ummm..... 1 more thing. Why are we moving from the forums to BukkitDev?

6. Offline

Gravity

Because forums were not made for hosting plugins, simple as that.
    BukkitDev has a vast amount of resources available to the dev that make it superior in every way.

7. Offline

sithrebel15

Does the plugin list read from both currently or just the forums?

8. Offline

saul100

9. Offline

Kane

I prefer the forums still a lot developers still refuse to use the new dev.bukkit community and we all enjoy these forums as a great communication place. I feel that your trying to crush what we have left as individuals.

Delocaz likes this.
  10. Offline

Hubok

Will a forum be put into BukkitDev? I really enjoy having more than just the plugins to talk about.

11. Offline

Delocaz

There is already a forum, it's just not there by default. The project owners need to activate the forum before it can be used.

12. Offline

TACTICALboom

No More XenForo?????!!!!!! but....but....but...but.but.but....nooooo :(

13. Offline

Gravity

You still have the forums for everything else, just not plugin releases.
    Forums were never meant for that.

14. Offline

TACTICALboom

Honestly, in my eyes..even though BukkitDev has some nice features for hosting and distributing plugins....but i prefer XenForo to Curse SO much, that I would stay with the current system, now, of course that's a very biased opinion. But seriously, XenForo is just "nicer" im i the only one that thinks that. Of course, on the other hand Im completely for moving to BukkitDev lots of useful things i could use. my root point is that i will miss Xenforo as it will be used alot less often.

15. Offline

Gravity

I agree with you to a certain extent, although I do still stand with my previous statement that forums were never meant for the upkeep and development of plugins, bukkitdev provides a much easier-to-maintain system that is specifically built for this purpose, allowing a developer all the tools he/she needs to complete a project.

While some of this may not be as good as it can be right now, I'm certain it will rise to the level of expectation soon enough. Some of the lack of features, like notifications, make it a bit hard to work with, but I'm certain Bukkit and Curse can easily work together to fix things like this.

16. Offline

tyzoid

It would for example, be nice if we could select threads by checking a check box, then mass delete/sticky/move/lock/whatever threads.

Another thing that would be nice is an integrated alert system.

They are working on "smoothing the edges" and they have done a great job so far.

17. Offline

emericask8ur

Those are Moderator Features :p

18. Offline

tyzoid

Yes they are, but as a plugin author, shouldn't I have access to these same features in my own plugin's forum?

I have to dig through multiple menus to find the "sticky" or "delete" buttons, and I haven't found how to move threads yet (hopefully I will soon).

19. Offline

emericask8ur

Ohhh I know what you mean now. Yeah that would be some good features on your private BukkitDev forum for the plugin

tyzoid likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.