Inactive [INFO] TimedMessages v1.1.1 - broadcast messages perodically [1.1-R6]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by grandwazir, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Offline

grandwazir

TimedMessages

TimedMessage is plugin for the Minecraft wrapper Bukkit that provides a method for administrators to broadcast messages periodically to the players on their server. You could use these messages to broadcast hints or important news. Alternatively you could target them at specific players who have a specific permission node, for example giving new player tips for guests on your server.

Features
    • Simple and easy to configure.
    • Broadcast a message from a predefined list periodically.
    • Can broadcast to just players in a specific world.
    • Messages support colour codes in either classic format or in the style of &RED.
    • Split long messages into multiple lines with `.
    • Optionally define a permission node a player must have to receive that message.
    • Define times using flexible human readable format: i.e 1h30m = 1 hour and 30 minutes.
    • Start, stop, reload and check the status of your messages in game.
    Installation

Ensure you are using the latest recommended build.

Before installing, you need to make sure you are running at least the latest recommended build for Bukkit. Support is only given for problems when using a recommended build. This does not mean that the plugin will not work on other versions of Bukkit, the likelihood is it will, but it is not supported.

Getting TimedMessages

The best way to install TimedMessages is to use the symbolic link to the latest version. This link always points to the latest version of TimedMessages, so is safe to use in scripts or update plugins. Additionally you can to use the RSS feed provided by BukkitDev as this also includes a version changelog.

Alternatively older versions are available as well, however they are not supported. If you are forced to use an older version for whatever reason, please let me know why by opening a issue on GitHub.

Configuration

Read the documentation

All documentation for TimedMessages is available on the GitHub wiki, including example usage.

2. Looks great, all you need is a changelog on the bottom and you've got all the necessary components for this to go into releases ;)

3. Offline

NetBlaze

This plugin really helps me with periodic announcing. Thanks for creating it.

4. Offline

md_5

5. Offline

grandwazir

Would it be acceptable to link to the change log on BukkitDev? I have quite a few plugins to maintain and I am trying to reduce the amount of time it takes me to administrate all these forum threads.

6. Offline

md_5

Go ahead

7. Offline

Endelt

i may ask stupid but, what colors do this plugin allow? i used &RED and &LIGHT_PURPLE and &LIGHT_GREEN purple and red works, NOT green :( any answer to this?

8. Offline

secondstomarz

9. Offline

md_5

Still neeed that changelog

10. Offline

chuiby

Why don't you make the newline character to '\r\n' instead of ` (\r\n is the Regex sequence for newlines on Windows).

If you don't know what i'm talking about... read this:

The character to make new lines on computers is actually not visible (obv. since its a 'new line' character) with a normal text reader.
    But that character can be read with Regex, or at least, identifiable.
    These character will be read normally with regex.
    Like this text:
    Hello my name is bob

How are you today?
    Will appear as 'Hello my name is bob\r\n\r\nHow are you today?'

The meaning of \r and \n:
    \r = Linebreak
    \n = Newline

Macs uses \r
    Linux uses \n
    and Windows uses both (\r\n).

I know it's stupid ._.

Without a proper text editor, such as Notepad, if the lines are separated either by \r or \n it will show them all on the same line.

So, if you wish to let admins put multiline messages (Which is great),
    You would either need to let users define the messages on multiple lines (not with the quote thing) or just make them type something like \r\n or \n to separate the text.

Tip: \n should be alright for what you are trying to do. When your plugin tries to see if there's new lines, instead of using `, use \\n (\\n is a way to escape newline characters, so it won't read the \n as a newline char but as ... '\n')

11. Offline

grandwazir

md_5

There you go.

chuiby

I'm aware of the convention; there was a reason I did not use it when I made that part of the plugin, but I forget what it was now.

In the mean time I am keeping an eye on this pull request which, when accepted, will add line splitting into .sendMessage itself saving plugins the trouble. If it isn't accepted I'll make the change in the next release.

12. Offline

md_5

Approved

13. Offline

Mrchasez

Code:
     Error occurred while enabling TimedMessages v1.0.0 (Is it up to date?): while scanning an anchor; expected alphabetic or numeric character, but found ;(59)
    while scanning an anchor
    in "<string>", line 19, column 8:
    - '&DARK_GREEN;Our dedi specs : Int ...
    ^
    expected alphabetic or numeric character, but found ;(59)
    in "<string>", line 19, column 19:
    - '&DARK_GREEN;Our dedi specs : Intel Xeon E3- ...
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.scanAnchor(ScannerImpl.java:1169)
    ^
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.fetchAnchor(ScannerImpl.java:782)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.fetchMoreTokens(ScannerImpl.java:315)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.checkToken(ScannerImpl.java:179)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl$ParseIndentlessSequenceEntry.produce(ParserImpl.java:535)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.peekEvent(ParserImpl.java:161)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.checkEvent(ParserImpl.java:146)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeSequenceNode(Composer.java:203)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeNode(Composer.java:158)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeMappingNode(Composer.java:237)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeNode(Composer.java:160)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeDocument(Composer.java:123)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.BaseConstructor.getSingleData(BaseConstructor.java:121)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.getSingleNode(Composer.java:106)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml.loadFromReader(Yaml.java:480)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml.load(Yaml.java:399)
    at org.bukkit.configuration.file.YamlConfiguration.loadFromString(YamlConfiguration.java:60)
    at org.bukkit.configuration.file.FileConfiguration.load(FileConfiguration.java:143)
    at org.bukkit.configuration.file.FileConfiguration.load(FileConfiguration.java:109)
    at org.bukkit.configuration.file.YamlConfiguration.loadConfiguration(YamlConfiguration.java:241)
    at name.richardson.james.bukkit.util.configuration.AbstractConfiguration.load(AbstractConfiguration.java:59)
    at name.richardson.james.bukkit.util.configuration.AbstractConfiguration.<init>(AbstractConfiguration.java:43)
    at name.richardson.james.bukkit.timedmessages.MessagesConfiguration.<init>(MessagesConfiguration.java:38)
    at name.richardson.james.bukkit.timedmessages.TimedMessages.onEnable(TimedMessages.java:72)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:230)
    at name.richardson.james.bukkit.timedmessages.TimedMessages.loadMessagesConfiguration(TimedMessages.java:56)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:970)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:280)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:190)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:173)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.reload(CraftServer.java:440)
    at org.bukkit.Bukkit.reload(Bukkit.java:188)
    at org.bukkit.command.defaults.ReloadCommand.execute(ReloadCommand.java:22)
    at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:168)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:382)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:768)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:728)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:721)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:33)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:96)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:108)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:534)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:432)
    Another

Code:
    [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling TimedMessages v1.0.0 (Is it up to date?): while parsing a block mapping; expected <block end>, but found Anchor
    in "<string>", line 5, column 5:
    mode: rotation
    ^
    expected <block end>, but found Anchor
    in "<string>", line 19, column 8:
    - '&DARK_GREEN Our dedi specs : Int ...
    ^
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl$ParseBlockMappingKey.produce(ParserImpl.java:575)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.peekEvent(ParserImpl.java:161)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.checkEvent(ParserImpl.java:146)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeMappingNode(Composer.java:230)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeDocument(Composer.java:123)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.BaseConstructor.getSingleData(BaseConstructor.java:121)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.getSingleNode(Composer.java:106)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml.load(Yaml.java:399)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml.loadFromReader(Yaml.java:480)
    at org.bukkit.configuration.file.YamlConfiguration.loadFromString(YamlConfiguration.java:60)
    at org.bukkit.configuration.file.FileConfiguration.load(FileConfiguration.java:143)
    at org.bukkit.configuration.file.FileConfiguration.load(FileConfiguration.java:109)
    at org.bukkit.configuration.file.YamlConfiguration.loadConfiguration(YamlConfiguration.java:241)
    at name.richardson.james.bukkit.util.configuration.AbstractConfiguration.load(AbstractConfiguration.java:59)
    at name.richardson.james.bukkit.timedmessages.MessagesConfiguration.<init>(MessagesConfiguration.java:38)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:230)
    at name.richardson.james.bukkit.util.configuration.AbstractConfiguration.<init>(AbstractConfiguration.java:43)
    at name.richardson.james.bukkit.timedmessages.TimedMessages.loadMessagesConfiguration(TimedMessages.java:56)
    at name.richardson.james.bukkit.timedmessages.TimedMessages.onEnable(TimedMessages.java:72)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:970)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:280)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:190)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:173)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.t(MinecraftServer.java:355)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:342)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:406)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:174)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:465)
    EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2016
  14. Offline

AliasXNeo

Getting the same error, plugin won't even load. Developer?

15. Offline

grandwazir

AliasXNeo Mrchasez

Try using double quotes around your message and if that doesn't work avoid using : in your messages.

16. Offline

CarlG

Code:
    # You can find out more about these options by visiting the wiki at https://github.com/grandwazir/TimedMessages/wiki

delay: 5s
        permission: group.noob
        - We hope you enjoy your stay.
        - If you wish to build, please sign up at <This is the site, but I'm not going to promote myself.>

that's my messages.yml

and the default group has the
    - group.noob
    perm, HOWEVER, no messages can be seen. I've had the timer set at 30s, 1m, and other times, but it wont show up.

Ideas?

17. Offline

grandwazir

Try using the latest Bukkit recommended build and see if that fixes the problem.

18. Offline

CarlG

Still no... I deoped/demoted myself to the right status, and it isnt going...

19. Offline

titanicnut

How do you reload the plugin without using /reload?

20. Offline

grandwazir

Type /tm for a full list of commands which includes /tm reload.

21. Offline

Royalgamer06

Please update:
    always having... [FINE] <name.richardson.james.bukkit.timedmessages.random.RandomMessage>
    when a message comes up

22. Offline

DarklightPvP

Download link for TimedMessages is broken.

23. Offline

phanaticd

im not seeing any messages in game

24. Offline

Mr.Sileos

Does anyone else have the problem of the messages not sticking? I set up all of my messages and they disappear when my server restarts. (I have a daily restart) also when ever I reload the app I lose my messages again. What is the deal am I doing something wrong?

Max Sentence likes this.
  25. Offline

5gavinator

Hey, great plugin. But, it doesn't seem to be working? whats up? here is what is in my messages.yml plugin.
    delay: 30s
    - &2Type /help for details on all our commands.
    - &2Type /sethome to set your home.
    - &2You may not build near spawn.
    - &2Ask an op to help you protect your stuff in the Peaceful World!
    - &2No admins on and you need help? visit our website at &1Reptile.tk
    - &2Refer a friend to the server and your friend an you will recieve 300 bucks!

26. Offline

XsNiPeRxXz

Where is the download?

27. Offline

Reteckz

Update it please!

28. Offline

grandwazir

Add " to the start and end of those messages like this:

Code:
    - "&2Type /help for details on all our commands."
    See the 'Getting TimedMessages' section of the main post.

It is now updated!

Disable debugging in config.yml

Code:
    debugging: false
    EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2016
  29. Offline

Max Sentence

Yes this is a major pain in my bum at the moment and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've tried everything I could think of.

30. Offline

Reteckz

I had this too, it's because you did something wrong in the config.
    Did you 'Mark every sentence like this'
    For some more help, here is my config of my server's TimedMessages:

# You can find out more about these options by visiting the wiki at https://github.com/grandwazir/TimedMessages/wiki

delay: 20s
    - '&LIGHT_PURPLEWant your own server? For 3$ you can! Visit www.topnotchservers.net
    for more information!'
    - '&GOLDVisit our website at www.NeroCraft.com!'
    - '&AQUA[Invite-A-Friend] &GREENFor every invited friend you get 1 diamond, for
    every 5 friends 1 diamond block!'
    - '&RED[Vote] &GOLDPlease vote! It keeps the server online and it gives you diamonds!
    Visit www.NeroCraft.com/vote for more information!'
    - '&GOLDWant your text here? Contact Reteckz for the price!'
    Also I would thank the creator of this plugin a LOT!
    Thanks to this plugin I dont have to repeat everything to new people etc, and my host pays me 6,50$ a month just to put their text in it that appears every 1 minute or so ;o
    When I get more donations, i'm sure going to donate to you!