Essentials GroupManager - people keeping permissions after being demoted?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Nizzeh, Feb 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Nizzeh

Hey guys, recently I've had to demote a few people on my server for personal reasons. However when they are on it says they are in a lower group but they have all the permissions of the group they used to be it. Can anyone help me as it's doing my head in? Thanks :)

Bump

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  2. Offline

ZeroZX4

r u sure u DEMOTE them and nnot just add them to lower group ?

anyway try pex in pex things like that dont happen

3. Offline

Nizzeh

I used the command /mandemote I'm sure that's right, if not correct me please?

4. Offline

xxxtrigger50xxx

Someone please reply to this, I need to know this because on of my own ops griefed my server when i demoted them but they still had admin perms (Not op my admin perms like fly sethome etc). Luckily I had a backup.

Someone reply to this.

5. Offline

Helichicken

You could check in your permissions file and see if the the user is still in the group and if so manually remove them other than using commands in-game.

Example
    Code:
    users:
        Helichicken:
            group:
            - Admin
            - noob
    Remove it by deleting the "- Admin"

6. Offline

Wendo

Is it possible you gave these users the permissions, rather than them getting it from the group?

7. Offline

ZeroZX4

in ur user.yml u have all their nicks and under them their permissions so u can edit it at will

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.