[INACTIVE][MECH] OtherBlocks v0.7.4 - Customize drops in combo with everything else [617]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by cyklo, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Offline

cyklo

OtherBlocks - Customize what broken blocks and dead mobs drop!
    Version: 0.7.4
    Download: Jar File | Source Code
    Like this plugin? [​IMG]

Main author: @cyklo
    Contributors: @Celtic Minstrel

See the Wiki page for full details on how to set up OtherBlocks

If you are getting errors with the word "snakeyaml" in it, your config file isn't properly formatted.
    Test it on this website.

OtherBlocks is a plugin that lets you apply rules to what blocks drop when destroyed, depending on what tool you used. It is inspired by decino's goldenNether plugin.

You can set rules in the configuration file to match any item with any block and give it a different drop item. For example, you could allow gathering of Glowstone Dust on the overworld by breaking Redstone ore with a golden pickaxe. Or you could allow ingots to be mined directly from their ores if you use Flint and Steel. Or you could invoke Isaiah Mustafa and decree "THE LEAVES ARE NOW DIAMONDS!"

To install, simply decompress the contents to your plugins directory. Then, copy otherblocks/config.sample.yml to otherblocks/config.yml and edit away!

Don't forget - to see how to edit the config file, check out out the Wiki!

Changelog (open)

Version 0.7
    • Added new drop types DEFAULT and NOTHING (0.7.4)
    • Fixed: creature drops don't work in specific worlds (0.7.4)
    • Added new mob types: CREATURE_GIANT, CREATURE_MONSTER, CREATURE_WOLF (0.7.3)
    • Will no longer throw problems with new types of mob when out of date (0.7.3)
    • Can specify creatures as the tool of death for mobs (0.7.2)
    • Can specify damage events as the tool of death for mobs (0.7.2)
    • Can specify data (colour) values for when you kill a sheep (0.7.2)
    • Fixed: doesn't work on CB 561+ (0.7.2)
    • Can specify data values for SPECIAL_LEAFDECAY events (0.7.2)
    • Large internal changes (0.7.2)
    • Fixed: number of spawned mobs did not obey config file (0.7.1)
    • Fixed: NullPointerException on mob item drop (0.7.1)
    • "color:" works for more than just wool and dyes, now works for wood, half-height blocks, crops etc. (0.7)
    • Synonyms, allowing you to specify groups such as "ANY_REDSTONE_ORE" and "ANY_PICKAXE" (0.7)
    • Can now specify data value of blocks you are dropping from, e.g. "CROPS@RIPE" (0.7)
    • Can now drop a number of items in a range (0.7) (by Celtic Minstrel)
    • Can now drop "CONTENTS" of containers, e.g. dispensers, furnaces (0.7) (by Celtic Minstrel)
    Version 0.6
    • Added SPECIAL_LEAFDECAY tag. See the wiki. (0.6.2)
    • Back-end changes to build process (0.6.1)
    • Multiworld support! Now you can customize drops on a per-world basis (0.6)
    Version 0.5

• Now you can change what a mob drops when it is killed by a player! (0.5)
    Version 0.4

• Fixed the map-break AIR bug (0.4.6)
    • Now specify multiple tools at the same time with syntax [TOOL_A, TOOL_B] (0.4.5)
    • Fixed incorrect colours of dropped dyes (0.4.4)
    • Added "ANY" as synonym for "ALL" (0.4.4)
    • Adjustable priority (0.4.3)
    • Can hide boot messages with "verbosity: low" (0.4.2)
    • Quantity and Damage bugfixes, works with Beta 1.3 (0.4.1)
    • Oh god, now you can spawn creepers (and other mobs) (0.4)
    • Fractional percentage chances such as 0.01% are valid (0.4)
    Version 0.3

• Conforms to new plugin standards and breaks backwards compatibility (0.3)
    Version 0.2

• Can now drop multiple items per block (0.2.5)
    • Fixed bug introduced in 0.2.3 (0.2.4)
    • Can now specify color of dropped item for wools and dyes (0.2.3)
    • Once again (and hopefully for the last time) fixed durabilities (0.2.2)
    • Changed to lowest priority, hopefully for better compatibility (0.2.2)
    • Fixed durability bug (0.2.1)
    • Change to config.yml format (0.2)
    • Can now specify multiple drops per block, based on different tools (0.2)
    Version 0.1

• Added "ALL" selector for tools (0.1.3)
    • Workaround for bug in Bukkit whereby durability and max stack size are mixed up (0.1.3)
    • Added drop probability (0.1.2)
    • Customizable damage on block destruction (0.1.1)
    • First release (0.1)

Steve Cole, g_BonE and tension69 like this.
  2. Offline

RUtaq

Sweet, you're the best Cyklo. I will go upgrade right now.

3. Offline

enkryptor

4. Offline

cyklo

No, dropping from mobs is fine. I've got drops from mobs working for myself, just testing out some bugs before I upload it (I'm uploading far too much buggy stuff). It's just the minecarts and boats which don't work.

5. Offline

Bigglesworth

Hey im having a small problem.. When blocks are destroyed (any type, it doesn't matter), when you walk up to them they just dissapear and appear in your inventory. Theres no usual "pop" noise and the animation of them flying twards you, do you have any idea what this might be? Ill also list out my plugins for the possibility of it being a plugin collision.'
    - AutoSave
    -Dynamic Map
    -Elevators
    -Flashlight
    -FriendlyCreepers
    -General
    -Guestbook
    -Healthy
    -Informant
    -LWC (chest protect)
    -MagicCarpet
    -MultiVerse
    -MyHome
    -MyWarp
    -OtherBlocks
    -Permissions
    -SimpleProtect (dont use I dont think)
    OH and also Ladders dont work and turn invisible.

6. Offline

kookiegorawr

Spawning multiple mobs using "quantity" is working for me

Excerpt of config (open)

SAND:
    - tool: DIAMOND_HOE
    drop: CREATURE_SKELETON
    quantity: 5

And yes, it says in the console
    "OtherBlocks: DIAMOND_HOE + SAND now drops 5x SKELETON"

7. Offline

Bigglesworth

haha that would be some sick thing to do

8. Offline

kookiegorawr

:p I'm making an arena for leveling up weapon stats in mcMMO and since exp isn't gained from spawners, I thought I might as well experiment with this. Although...it is funny to watch 9 skeletons fight to the death in a small room :D

9. Offline

cyklo

Afraid I can't speak for other plugins - I only test my plugins by themselves. However, if it still behaves oddly when all other plugins are disabled please let me know.

You can try manually boosting OtherBlocks's priority to see if it helps override some other plugins. Just change the "priority: lowest" to low, normal, high or highest and see if it makes a difference.
    --- merged: Mar 2, 2011 9:43 PM ---
    Right, here we are - as of version 0.5 you can change what a mob drops when it dies!

This is exactly the same syntax as before, whereby you can prefix a creature's name with "CREATURE_" to specify the "source".

You cannot (at the moment) change what happens when two mobs kill each other, when a mob commits suicide, or what a mob drops when it burns up in the daylight.

Here's a fun demo: imagine some of the cows in your world are sick. So sick that sometimes they have spiders nesting inside of them...

Code:
    otherblocks:
        CREATURE_COW:
            - tool: ALL
              drop: CREATURE_SPIDER
              quantity: 3
              chance: 5

10. Offline

enkryptor

Superb!

11. Offline

Bigglesworth

Amazing, 1 issue though. I disabled all other plugins that have anything to do with blocks / items, and ladders are screwing up big time. When placed on a wall, they become invisible and turns to the wall (or air) 90 degrees from it.
    When attempting to climb on the ladder it has the same, I guess rubber band, effect of trying to get off of a stopped boat in SMP. Im not sure if this is related to your plugin or not but glass bricks are randomley spawning in the sky everywhere.. but I think that was a collision with
    Code:
            GLASS:
                - tool: ALL
                  drop: GLASS
                  quantity: 1
    and the plugin MagicCarpet which spawns a 5x5 glass carpet which follows you allowing for "flight".
    the carpet would leave behind a broken trail of glass, and then random blocks would spawn in the sky everywhere as said. So this plugin interferes with that one im guessing.
    (also, the elevator plugin might have done something but im not sure)

12. Offline

Vanoi

Would we be able to get Listing for drops as well?

Say if I set 3% of Cobblestone to turn into Flint, I also want it to come with Gravel whenever it does that.

13. Offline

Kaseki

For whatever reason, this only works in the default world. Could you implement multi-world support?

14. Offline

darkcammo

I second this request. Per world settings would be great.

15. Offline

cyklo

I'm not entirely sure why. Thought I was using all the right world-selecting stuff. Haven't tested it against multiworld, though. I shall investigate tonight.

16. Offline

Aro2220.com

This is pretty fantastic and it works with the current version of bukkit.

You can even use chance drop rates under 1% :D

17. Offline

cyklo

Right, I've just tried multi-world behaviour using WorldWarp 1.1 and it is working fine, albeit with the same drops in every world. What multiworld plugin are you using that isn't working with it?

As for multi-world settings... hmm, yeah, why not.

18. Offline

Kaseki

I'll try again on a newer version of CB and MultiVerse.

19. Offline

tension69

I've just installed this (vo.5) flawlessly into my server (build#493) and it works a treat. The missus is well happy now she can go scrumping for apples in the woods:rolleyes:

Thanks for a great little plugin cyklo;)

Edit : Can't wait to see that cow/spider thingy...~runs off laughing insanely~

20. Offline

Kaseki

I think there must be a problem with multiworld in CraftBukkit. I can sometimes make it work, like the first time I teleport to a world. But after a while it just stops working. I'm not sure what causes it exactly. Anyway, this also happens to another plugin I use (Lockette) so I doubt it has anything to do with OtherBlocks.

21. Offline

TheDarkness73

Whats the name for giants?
    --- merged: Mar 4, 2011 2:09 PM ---
    SO I have this set up, but it isnt working

otherblocks:

Code:
    otherblocks:

LEAVES:
       - tool: WOOD_HOE
         drop: LEAVES
         chance: 10

- tool: STONE_HOE
          chance: 20

- tool: IRON_HOE
           chance: 30

- tool: GOLD_HOE
           chance: 75

- tool: DIAMOND_HOE
            chance: 50

22. Offline

cyklo

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/4072/page-2#post-79639

23. Offline

TheDarkness73

What do we put for giants drop? and in the example, do we include the # as spaces or count the space disincluding that? Is it 2 spaces and then 6?

24. Offline

Bigglesworth

Eh, i rreeally need help with the ladder issue I posted. The servers almost in ruins now that ladders do not work.
    But I will be using the multiworld functionality your working on now.. I use multiVerse

25. Offline

cyklo

Ladders behave absolutely fine for me, even with swapping what a ladder drops / spawning ladders from drops / swapping what happens to the block a ladder is mounted on when it breaks. OtherBlocks doesn't interface with the physics-related events anyway.

As for the trails of glass - that was a bug in MagicCarpet, not mine. Android's thread says it was fixed in 1.2.4/1.3.4/1.4.4
    --- merged: Mar 5, 2011 10:15 AM ---
    Giants don't exist in the "list of creatures" Bukkit defines, so no giants yet, sorry.

Config layout is like this:
    Code:
    otherblocks:
        BLOCK_NAME:
    # ^--- four spaces here
            - tool: SOMETHING
    # ^---- eight spaces here
              drop: SOMETHING ELSE

26. Offline

jimbo8

Ehmmm, can i ask a question? The plugin says : 17:31:47 [INFO] OtherBlocks: no values found in config file!

How do i fix that?(Sorry for bad english)

27. Offline

enkryptor

You need to create a config file.

28. Offline

jimbo8

I have a config file. This is what the config-file says: otherblocks: null. (without the .) Sorry for double post if this is a double post... I'am new to use forums

29. Offline

cyklo

Null means "nothing". OtherBlocks doesn't do anything if you just download it; you have to customize it as demonstrated in the config.sample.yml file. To get started, copy and paste the "example config.yml" in the first post at the top of the thread for some example behaviour.

SweetCraft Girl likes this.
  30. Offline

jimbo8

Thank you so much! Now my server is online again. Everyone enjoy's the plugin! Thanks again.
    --- merged: Mar 5, 2011 6:58 PM ---
    Hi. I'am back again. I'am wondering on how do i add bedrock to the settings? I want that if i drop my bedrock it can spawn example. pigs. I'am so sorry for doubleposting but i really need it. Thanks!

31. Offline

TheDarkness73

WHen I try using this, I get this error message:
    Code:
    2011-03-05 18:57:29 [SEVERE] Could not load plugins\otherblocks.jar in plugins: null
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidPluginException
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:80)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:129)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:94)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:59)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:204)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:191)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:131)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:246)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)
    Caused by: while parsing a block collection
    in "<reader>", line 4, column 9:
    - tool: WOOD_SWORD
    ^
    expected <block end>, but found BlockMappingStart
    in "<reader>", line 17, column 10:
    ^

at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl$ParseBlockSequenceEntry.produce(ParserImpl.java:520)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.peekEvent(ParserImpl.java:163)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.checkEvent(ParserImpl.java:148)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeSequenceNode(Composer.java:203)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeNode(Composer.java:158)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeMappingNode(Composer.java:230)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeNode(Composer.java:160)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeMappingNode(Composer.java:230)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeNode(Composer.java:160)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeDocument(Composer.java:122)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.getSingleNode(Composer.java:105)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.BaseConstructor.getSingleData(BaseConstructor.java:124)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml.load(Yaml.java:264)
    at org.bukkit.util.config.Configuration.load(Configuration.java:73)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.initialize(JavaPlugin.java:149)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:78)
    ... 8 more