Advertising

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by MCMastery, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Offline

MCMastery

I had an idea for a plugin that allows players to pay money to advertise whatever they want, so long as its not inappropriate, vulgar, etc. This could be useful for a prison server so people can advertise their shop, and where it is.
    The advertisement would be auto-posted in the chat for a certain duration (edited from the config.yml), then the next ad will show up. The advertiser will have to pay again for his ad, say every month (also edited from the config.yml).
    Commands:
    • /advertise
      • Aliases: /ad
      • The base command, shows help for the plugin
    • /advertise "[Your Advertisement]"
      • Advertises [Your Advertisement] (if you have enough funds)
      • With quotation marks to avoid confusion with other commands
    • /advertise price
      • Displays the current price for advertising
    • /advertise duration
      • Displays the current duration for ads (not how long it is displayed in the chat in between ads, but how long the ad will last, such as monthly)
    • /advertise list
      • Displays a list of the current ads, and who owns them.

Feel free to ask any questions, and if there is already a plugin like this please tell me!

2. Offline

MCMastery

3. Offline

RickyBGamez

This does sound interesting, if I have time I could make it. But I will let you know if I can!

~RickyBGamez

Alright I have decided that I will try to make this, but just so you know I am a new coder, but I'll try my best! After I release it I will give you the download link(Hopefully)!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2016
  4. Offline

CraftCreeper6

RickyBGamez I would like to help you on this, if you get stuck then please ask me, I am online mostly all the time. If you need my Skype or something just PM me and I'll send you it :)

5. Offline

MCMastery

6. Offline

RickyBGamez

MCMastery Np we should have it done within a few days we have almost everything done, but quick question do you want permissions for it? or do you want everyone to be able to use it?

7. Offline

MCMastery

8. Offline

CraftCreeper6

MCMastery
    I personally think perms are better because say a random person comes on your server and Advertises nothing
    Personaly I think you should have perms.

9. Offline

MCMastery

CraftCreeper6 Ok, now that I think about it that would be better.
    So Perms. are good.
    Oh and in case you haven't make sure people can only post one ad at a time.

10. Offline

RickyBGamez

MCMastery We are actually adding Economy to the plugin, and we will see if we can add that, we already added the perms.

11. Offline

MCMastery

12. Offline

RickyBGamez

MCMastery I have decied against the 1 ad running at the same time, because it costs money for each repeat of a ad, the player should be allowed to have as many ads as they want. Currently 1 repeat costs 20k and you have a max of 20 repeats, so that means if they want 5 it will cost them $2 Million in game cash (If you are wanting to know how I got $2 Million, I did $20k x 20 x 5 which equals $2 Million), and cause of that it could take them weeks to get that much money. Just so you know you can set how many times they can repeat it like 50 or something the default is 20, and the price you can change also.

13. Offline

MCMastery

Ok thank you, RickyBGamez
    Can you change the prices in the configuration?

14. Offline

CraftCreeper6

MCMastery
    Yes you can, you cannot use things such as $20k you must use 20000 otherwise the plugin wont recognize what you are inputting.

15. Offline

MCMastery

16. Offline

MCMastery

17. Offline

CraftCreeper6

MCMastery
    It's going great! It's only time zones that are keeping us from doing certain things so it could take longer than expected and instead of Economy do you mind using a different currency like Diamonds, Emeralds etc..?

MCMastery
    Just thought I would give you a quick update:
    http://prntscr.com/3b9uq3

Would display as:
    http://prntscr.com/3b9y31

And if I try to use the command again before the current finishes:
    http://prntscr.com/3b9yhp

Is this okay so far?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

18. Offline

RickyBGamez

CraftCreeper6 It is fine that's how we are designing it, its for everyone so we can take suggestions later that is the release, the plugin will be out soon

19. Offline

MCMastery

okay sure thanks

CraftCreeper6 I couldn't think of a name for this. I like AdvertiseMe

20. Offline

CraftCreeper6

MCMastery
    Only a couple more things to add now :D
    Current commands:
    [​IMG] ( http://prntscr.com/3bjppn )

The only commands that don't work yet are:
    /advertise price
    /advertise list

That is all :D Nearly done, could be finished today or tomorrow!

21. Offline

MCMastery

Congrats! :D

Oh BTW I see RickyBGamez spelled the plugin URL as advertiseme-rirckybgamez. (Rircky)....

22. Offline

RickyBGamez

MCMastery lol thanks for letting me know Ill get them to change that for me

23. Offline

CraftCreeper6

MCMastery
    I will add credits that you could give via donation ranks and stuff but there is a way to disable it, just go to the config and type "false" for "UseCredits"

24. Offline

MCMastery

25. Offline

RickyBGamez

CraftCreeper6 Ill be on tomorrow, just saw your messages, I need a updated version of AdvertiseMe! :)

26. Offline

CraftCreeper6

27. Offline

MCMastery

YAY!!! Congrats!! :D

28. Offline

CraftCreeper6

MCMastery
    Is it okay? If you need anything adding I will gladly add it! :D (Tag me if you do or I may not respond)