Referrals

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by iwitrag, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Offline

iwitrag

Hello, I'm making new plugin request, because there is none working referrals plugin working for 1.7.5.

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/referrals/ - this project has been abandoned and even version for 1.7.2 is extremely broken (so many bugs).

So I would greatly appreciate if somebody can bug-fix it or make new plugin.

Commands, permissions and features like in http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/referrals/
    There is plugin called justreaver, but it does not fit my needs, it lacks lot of features from original plugin and it does not have any IP check at all, so it's completely unusable, because players can refer themselves.

Thanks a lot and if somebody needs this plugin too, please write it here. More people make bigger "noise" :D

2. Offline

iwitrag

Refresh

3. Offline

Onlineids

How do you know its inactive? It was updated less than 2 months ago

4. Offline

Spectre93

One of the authors already replied on bukkit dev actually.
    Despite that I've been working on a simplified version of the plugin today and it will be done this week.

iwitrag likes this.
  5. Offline

iwitrag

That's really good news :)

6. Offline

RickyBGamez

Just so you know, you are not allowed to modify it! As the license is "All Rights Reserved", this thread will probably be locked within a couple of hours.

7. Offline

JOPHESTUS

The OP has asked for "can bug-fix it or make new plugin." As per the rules an update or modification of the actual plugin is not allowed. However, OP has asked for a new plugin to be made - which is perfectly fine.

8. Offline

RickyBGamez

LOL, just noticed the message before, I was just quickly reading to see what happened! Sorry about that.

9. Offline

GodsDead

This plugin needs to be fixed.

10. Offline

iwitrag

I think so, it's extremely useful because more people will play Minecraft thanks to this :D

11. Offline

Spectre93

iwitrag I'm done! And proud, it's become a beautifully, compact, bugfree plugin. Find it here! Works for 1.7.2 AND 1.7.9!! (and is even ready to be used in 1.8 ;)

12. Offline

Spectre93 would be cool if u could make the console run a command like /Econ grant %player% 5000
    Random command but I hope u get the point

13. Offline

Spectre93

15987632 Yes I can probably do that in de next version ;)

14. Offline

iwitrag

That's pretty cool ! But I think it's still unusable because of these things:

• No permissions, so players are able to claim reward everywhere (even in skyblock world)
    • Unable to run console command on reward (to give VIP for example)
    • UUID is super hard to remember or write to friend... /refcredit [nick] should be enough (it would target UUID automatically)
    • No IP detection, so players are able to login with other accounts and ref themself. It should save IP's of both referrer and referee and make those IP's unusable in future refs.
    • No playtime detection, it would be great to make it possible to enable it in config and it could maybe be compatible with Stats plugin (it saves playtime to database, so this plugin could only open that database and look in Stats_player table for columns player_id and playtime.

• If you want more people using your great plugin, I would maybe change it's name... JustReaver is hard to find (my opinion).

But you are on pretty good way, this plugin was missing on bukkit community and now, that time is over!

15. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

How many users do you have with multiple accounts?

Spectre93 likes this.
  16. Offline

iwitrag timtower and to add on to that point you could have siblings on your server

Spectre93 and timtower like this.
  17. Offline

Spectre93

I first did not see why people would need permissions, but now I see that it's quite needed for multiple worlds, so I'll put that in.
    This can be done pretty easily, so I will add this to the next version.
    Haha I doubt that anyone would remember their UUID. But as long as there's no build in solution to get UUID's from nicknames I will not change this. This works with 1.7.2 and 1.7.9 and for now I don't feel like making different versions for both.
    As timtower already said above, I do not see this as a problem either and I will not implement this.
    I could add this, yes.
    Yea making up names for things isn't my best skill :p but I will leave it unchanged. It can still be found on keywords I think, I'll check that later.

15987632 I don't see that as a big advantage.
    EDIT: misunderstood, you mean the IP adres conflicts, yea that could be nasty :p

I will probably add the "more rewards for 5/10/15 refers" as well later.

timtower likes this.
  18. Offline

iwitrag

Lot of users, we have gift code competitions, we are organising real camp meeting, where players can do several quests and they can win gift codes here as well...
    There are 150+ players playing and about 20% of them has more than 2 accounts.

Okay never mind, I hope someone else will do it. Good luck with your plugin anyway.

Refresh

19. Offline

iwitrag

Refresh

20. Offline

iwitrag

Refresh

21. Offline

iwitrag

Refresh

22. Offline

Taz123

When will someone make this plugin again!

23. Offline

Spectre93

Well if you're looking for a simplified version, I made one here. It's still open for change :)

24. Offline

iwitrag

Refresh

25. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

iwitrag Somebody made you a plugin already. Why bumping?

26. Offline

iwitrag

It's in the first post:

"There is plugin called justreaver, but it does not fit my needs, it lacks lot of features from original plugin and it does not have any IP check at all, so it's completely unusable, because players can refer themselves."

27. Offline

Desle

iwitrag

28. Offline

iwitrag

I'm not developer so I cannot change it or add what I want.

Also this is from that plugin site:
    "I will NOT add IP checks, so people with multiple accounts can refer their own accounts."

29. Offline

Desle

iwitrag
    It could mean that the developer is willing to bring changes into the plugin, by request

--
    Ok, seen your 'also' thingy at the bottom, alright ;)

30. Offline

iwitrag

Yeah, and that's why this request is not Filled.

Refresh

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2016