If been asked sorry: What is the plan for a the next recommended version of Craftbukkit?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by LordUlfric, Apr 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

LordUlfric

I am trying to plan for the next major upgrade of my server and I am trying to understand what Bukkits planned next recommended release will be 1.7.2 or something later? This is not a pressure question or even a date question just wanted to know what the long term plan is.

Thanks again for all the hard work!

2. Offline

Garris0n

The dev builds are at 1.7.9, so...

3. Offline

LordUlfric

There have been other dev builds below this that never became Recommended, this is why I am asking.

4. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

Generally speaking, Recommended Builds are released for the latest supported version of Minecraft. So, if we were to release one right now it would likely be for 1.7.9. We'll release an RB when we feel ready to do so :)

5. Offline

Mike1022

The devs don't usually give ETAs. But I can tell you that it won't be until after the a beta build.

6. Offline

Bobcat00

MAYBE they'll do one for 1.7.9, but with 1.8 on the horizon, maybe they won't. If you don't want to wait however long until the next recommended build (could be 7, 8 or 9 months since the last one), 1.7.2-R0.3 (a beta build) works fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.