Advanced Quest/Tasks Plugin

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by OoFiR3oO, May 18, 2014.

1. Offline

OoFiR3oO

Plugin category: RPG, Fun

Suggested name: Doesn't really matter, Quests?

What I want: So I need the player to perform certain tasks to complete a quest, like crafting things, finishing a puzzle(reaching the end point), killing things(certain amounts), killing players, breaking a certain amount of blocks, fishing, and many other things hopefully. When they complete a quest they will move on to the next one, they can only be doing 1 quest at a time, so its a like storyline sort of thing. I also need there to be certain sets of quests, so when they complete the first set, they move on to the next, etc. The sets of quest sets will go along with their rank. If that isn't possible I could just make it so they can only do certain quests with the permissions they have and when they rank up they will get more quests, but it still needs to follow the 1 quest at a time, and the quests need to be in a certain order for each rank. It would be nice of they could see their quests on the side of their screen or in a book, too. And maybe they could get paid in-game money for completing the quests. I would like the quest creation to be in a file instead of in-game. Certain triggers would have to be added to make the quests doable, which can be put in the quest creation file to make the quests. Quests/Quest sets also need certain ids/names(obviously).

For Example: First rank, they will complete certain tasks for assigned quest, there won't be any commands or villagers to accept quests from, they just have it, so lets say the quest is Break 5 Wood Blocks, once they do that, they will get whatever the reward is, and get the next quest, etc. If its possible I would like each rank to have a certain set of quests that they have to do in a certain order to follow a story line. Also, once they complete the sets of quests it can run a command to rankup the player from console(can be set in config).

Ideas for commands: Not really sure, since most of it will be in a file.

Ideas for permissions: Need the permissions for certain quests/quest sets for the ranks.

When I'd like it by: No set time

2. Offline

danieltabrizian

omg this seems amazing, so my idea was:
    there is a time every 1 game day there will be a random quest!
    completing a quest gives xp and money and cash?
    if you agree i will start making it but dont forget to tagh me!

3. Offline

OoFiR3oO

danieltabrizian Oh yeah I like the random quest thing! And maybe you can make it so that the quests give a level of xp and whatever level of xp they have, the quest will correspond with it? If thats easier.

4. Offline

danieltabrizian

@iamnotgoingtotypeyourlongname OoFiR3oO That is very possible, il look into it more maybe tonight else tomorrow but this sould be very easy, i am trying to get some population and make a new marketing term [A] being advanced and me trying to get new standards its just like the i for apple! i am not new but i dont have many really plugins for bukkit dev but i am reading the plugin request page for 2 days now and this one is very interesting and i also had another idea what if they dont complete it in 1 mcday then they will lose their winstreak and the xp bonus
    if your streak is high then you will also get allot of xp i was thinking the following maths:
    Player xp = a
    winstreak = b
    a / 100 * b

5. Offline

OoFiR3oO

danieltabrizian That idea is nice and I thought about it actually, but for the server that I am making, I don't really want that, the server is going to be all about the quests and the players completing them to get to the next rank so I don't want people getting frustrated that they have to redo the quests or anything like that :D

6. OoFiR3oO
    Tidy the main post a bit and I'll pick this up for sure.

7. Offline

danieltabrizian

RAFA_GATO_FOFO i am already working on this, you cant just steal my work if thats the right term to say it!

8. Offline

OoFiR3oO

RAFA_GATO_FOFO Sorry, what should I tidy up about it? Not really sure. :S

9. Offline

joeybananas

OoFiR3oO This sounds like a great idea. I hope you do well on your server and hope I can some day stroll onto it.

10. danieltabrizian
    Didn't see you saying you were working on it. The thread is also not marked as filled, so I assumed no one was doing it. I'll keep an eye on the thread anyway.

OoFiR3oO Tidy up means organize. It just seems kind of brainstormed and after reading it I'm honestly still confused.

11. Offline

OoFiR3oO

RAFA_GATO_FOFO Ok I added an example, hopefully it will make you understand a bit more!

12. OoFiR3oO
    Well I believe danieltabrizian is already working on this, so I'll leave it to him as of now.

EDIT:
    OoFiR3oO
    Don't PM me regarding plugins. It's written in the forum rules that everything must be spoken on the thread.

13. Offline

OoFiR3oO

14. Offline

danieltabrizian

im so f*****NG sorry but i cant make it, i noticed in bukkit you cant use scoreboard sts like break.1 so i could hardcode it but nah dont feel like it so sorry to OoFiR3oO can RAFA_GATO_FOFO please make this plugin!

15. Offline

OoFiR3oO

16. Offline

Blackvein

17. Blackvein
    That's one hell of a Questing plugin. I'll be honest, I've never seen it before but if I ever need something of the sorts I'll definitely give it a go. Good job man!

18. Offline

Blackvein I was gunna recommend this :p use it with citizens for magic to happen

19. Offline

quaz3l