PermissionsEx doesn't load ChatManager.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by unquieterpig, Jul 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

unquieterpig

I'm having this problem where I installed PermissionsEx. I added some prefixes and made a message in chat the prefixes doesn't work. I looked into it and I saw that it said I need a ChatManager, but there is a ChatManager that comes with PermissionsEx, but it doesnt show up. Any help? All plugins I have: Vault, WorldEdit, PermissionsEx, EnjinMinecraftPlugin, CommandBook, WorldGuard

2. Offline

audwin09

a chatmanager comes with pex?
    howcome when I downlaoded it, it didnt had chatmanager with it...
    O.O

although, we have the same problem. :(

3. Offline

JaguarJo

ChatManager used to come packaged with PEX but no longer does. Now when you download PermissionsEx, PEX is all you will get. You will still need to install some sort of chat plugin if you want the prefixes to show up.

4. Offline

unquieterpig

Do you recommend any chat plugins? Im not using Essentials so no Essentials chat.

5. Offline

JaguarJo

I don't personally have a lot of experience with other chat plugins besides Essentials and PEX's old ChatManager, since those're what my server uses/used to use. I've seen several servers that like using HeroChat and iChat, so you could try one of those. Basically just look around for what seems to fit your needs; there are a lot of functioning chat plugins out there.

6. Offline

unquieterpig

Okay thank you for you help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.