Rolecraft - An open source RPG plugin

Discussion in 'WIP and Development Status' started by PandazNWafflez, Jul 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

PandazNWafflez

The idea of Rolecraft is to create a highly configurable RPG plugin, with professions, magic and many other features.

As of now, there are four of us working on Rolecraft, and plenty of progress has been made. We don't need any more developers for the project - we feel our current team is big enough. The project's current source is hosted on GitHub - link here if you want to view it.

Most plans / issues are outlined on the GitHub issue tracker (link), so if you have something to contribute to discussion without wanting to join in the development, leave a comment there, or create a new issue if you feel it's necessary.

2. I already have these systems on my own plugin. I'd be interested in putting together a team, as I'm kind of bored since I wrote most of it in a month's time. Message me.

3. Offline

mythbusterma

If you're still interested, I wouldn't mind helping

4. Offline

Msrules123

What he said.

5. Offline

PandazNWafflez

6. Offline

PandazNWafflez

Traks is now helping with the project. A reminder that if anyone wants to help out they're welcome to, but we only want a couple more people, as we don't want it getting too chaotic.

7. Offline

PandazNWafflez

There's some good progress being made on this - if any web developers fancy it, we're considering the possibility of website statistics (guilds, players, professions etc) and we'd love it if somebody wanted to join the team to do that.

8. Offline

LaughingQuoll

9. Offline

Onlineids

LaughingQuoll Your code in your signature is wrong, just saying...

10. Offline

LaughingQuoll

Onlineids the signature has two lines missing lol

11. Offline

Onlineids

LaughingQuoll Its this line
    Code:java
    1. if( e.getPlayer() = "LaughingQuoll"){

12. Offline

LaughingQuoll

lol. I see if( e.getPlayer() == "LaughingQuoll"){
    } Fixed

13. Offline

Onlineids

LaughingQuoll Also you should be getting there name and not comparing through == but .equals

jthort likes this.
  14. Offline

AoH_Ruthless

15. Offline

Onlineids

16. Offline

PandazNWafflez

17. Offline

AoH_Ruthless

Onlineids
    Damn it. Lol I will go learn to read now :)

18. Offline

tigerchamp34

Still need some help?

19. Offline

DusRonald

I want to join his development team.

20. Offline

PandazNWafflez

tigerchamp34 DusRonald

If you guys want to help out, I'd appreciate you showing me something that proves that you are capable with Bukkit / Java.

21. Offline

habbcraw

I might be able to help with web or java.

22. Offline

PandazNWafflez

habbcraw

As above, I'd appreciate something that shows you are capable of working on this project.

23. Offline

habbcraw

PandazNWafflez Well you could check some small things I have on my BukkitDev account couldn't use it here but my name there is SammyyMan

You could also check my server to see some of my other work but PM me if so,

24. Offline

LaughingQuoll

habbcraw the web part of the plugin is being done by me. Also I have almost done it. I am just waiting for a version of Rolecraft I can test it with.

25. Offline

PandazNWafflez

LaughingQuoll If you've almost done it you should commit it, even if it's untested (all of the plugin code is untested lol)

26. Offline

LaughingQuoll

27. Offline

Nashor

Just curious. Whats with all the final modifiers you are using?

28. Offline

PandazNWafflez

Nashor

Personally, I mark everything as final if it doesn't need. It essentially shows people who read your code what shouldn't be changed. On older JVMs it also allows more aggressive optimizations - although that's not really applicable anymore. It's more personal preference than anything.

Also, if somebody is trying to follow your code and sees final, they know they don't have to pay attention to see if the variable changes later - making it especially useful in dense code which can be hard to understand even when you aren't paying attention to what changes.

29. Offline

Nashor

I might be interested in helping but I'm not really sure how I can prove my knowledge here. I've been coding Java for a few years now and most of my learning was done while learning Bukkit so I'm pretty proficient. I'm also good with Collections and general program design. I'm a Computer Engineering student if that helps. Do you guys have some instant form of communication besides the issue tracker?

30. Offline

PandazNWafflez

OK - with the addition of Nashor to the team, we won't be adding any more developers for the foreseeable future - we don't want there to be too many people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.