[WEB][Tool] PermissionsEx yaml generator

Discussion in 'Bukkit Tools' started by Vanderburg, Aug 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Vanderburg

I've been working on a site that will generate config files for you (Mostly for my job, but as a side project), and I've just "finished" one that will create a permissions file for PermissionsEx. I intend on adding others, like EssentialsGroupManager.

It can be found at www.configcreator.com

It may not be the most intuitive site, because there's a lot of stuff you can enter, but there is no order you would need to enter anything. You can do worlds, users or groups first, and attempting to add a user to a group before you've created the user will create the user for you. Users you've created but not added to that group will populate the autocomplete for the box to add a user and the permissions section will populate from a list of permissions that previous users have entered on the site. Obviously, that list will be pretty empty at first, and I have to approve permissions that have been entered to be allowed in that autocomplete to weed out "tests" and inappropriate entries.

It supports permissions per user, users being in multiple groups, world-specific permissions per group, inheritance and plenty others. I'm not super familiar with PermissionsEx and the wiki's Advanced guide and Basic guide contradict each other a bit, so if there's something not working properly, I would like to fix it up. You can also save what you created, to share it with others. I may add the ability to download what you added as a file. The script may be fragile, but it's held up to the limited testing I've done.

In any case, it's ready to be played with. If you have any questions, or manage to break it, please let me know.

Edit: I only extensively tested this in Chrome and had help testing in Firefox. IE 9 definitely isn't supported, but beyond that, I'm not sure what other browser it works in. My jQuery experience level is... "experimental".

2. Offline

TreeDB

Vanderburg I think its easy and I like how its designed. I noticed a few problems, one is that when you are using uuids that it is not properly formatted. Another problem I noticed is after adding a second user it removed the whole file, then when I removed the first user (the second one didn't show up) it messed up the users section of the file.

I was using Firefox while using the tool.

3. Offline

Vanderburg

What version of Firefox are you using? I couldn't duplicate what you describe in 30 or 31, so I'll need to download your version and test.

4. Offline

TreeDB

I am using Firefox 31.

Screenshots on How to reproduce the bug (open)

1. Select UUID
    [​IMG]
    2. Add a group
    [​IMG]
    3. Add a user to the group
    [​IMG]
    4. The issue appears and the user does not appear in the list or the permissions file
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Generated file (open)

http://www.configcreator.com/minecraftpermissions.php?id=RmMTg2Mj
    Code:
    groups:
      test:
        options:
          default: true
        permissions:
    users:
      b5490eb116104e91b21cdfeac4d31d83:

Example file I created (open)

Code:
    groups:
      guest:
        inheritance: []
        permissions: []
        options:
          prefix: '&2'
          suffix: ''
          default: true
      admin:
        permissions:
        - essentials.ban
        worlds:
          world:
            permissions:
            - -essentials.list
        options:
          prefix: '&c'
          suffix: ''
          default: false
    users:
      6387492d-77a9-47e8-a68e-2ecfa741066e:
        group:
        permissions:
        - permissions.*
        options:
          prefix: '&c'
          name: TreeDB
    schema-version: 1

5. Offline

Vanderburg

Thank you for providing me with this. I especially appreciate it when you have your own script doing this (It's mostly an exercise in the language for me).

It looked like it was trying to out the uuid .toString() before it had one to output and it caused an exception, preventing it from being added to the group.

6. Offline

Bammerbom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.