Ender Radio

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by thecerealkill3r, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Offline

thecerealkill3r

Ender Radio
    PLUGIN NAME: RadioChat
    CONFIG: Local chat radius (How many blocks it can be seen from)
    PERMISSIONS: N/A
    ========================================
    This plugin is recreating the chat system in MineZ.

Local chat radius: Local chat is when you say something in game like you always would. However, your message can only be seen in a 250 block radius.

Radio Chat: An eye of ender is now a radio, their previous purpose is now nonexistant. You don't need to worry about renaming it.
    It does not work if it is not in your hotbar. There are 9 channels, 1 channel for each slot in your hotbar.
    If you hold the eye in slot 4, you are talking in channel 4. YOUR MESSAGE IN CHANNEL 4 CAN ONLY BE SEEN BY PEOPLE WHO HAVE THE RADIO IN CHANNEL 4. THIS APPLIES FOR ALL OTHER CHANNELS.

This is a video I made that demonstrates the radio and chat. Thanks so so so much for helping with this!

2. Offline

thecerealkill3r

3. Offline

undeaD_D

If you want to test the "beta" version:
    http://custom-craft.de/owncloud/public.php?service=files&t=58ab8da04a0de25c6c303360cb0cd7a9
    owncloud password: test

TODO:
    - remove bug in channel 1 -> cannot chat in channel 1
    - fix autoswitch on player join
    - minor fix bugs

WARNING: it may break you chat on first join ... to fix that get yourself an eye of ender in the hotbar ...
    everything should be fine than ...

also please look into the config.yml !!!

commands are: /er <reload/reset/disable>

have fun testing :D
    [Ger]undeaD_D

4. Offline

thecerealkill3r

undeaD_D omg YES!!! Thanks so much ^_^
    You can take your time with the bug fixing, I won't rush you :)

However, the one major bug I don't see list is this. The person must be holding the eye in their hand for them to be talking in that channel. If they don't hold it in their hand, they're not talking in that channel, they're talking normally. Also, the players get brackets around their names when they talk in a channel. Again, I'm not rushing you on this, just do it whenever you feel like it :D

5. Offline

undeaD_D

link updated ... (same password)

ps: more info in plugin config ...
    to reset pluginconfig run: /er reset

have fun ^^

6. Offline

thecerealkill3r

Even buggier than last time :(
    I do like the config, however.

Bug 1- Unstable, crashes the server as soon I as I changed channels.
    Bug 2- Chat. The chat isn't working, either. It seems like whenever the plugin is enabled, you're talking in a channel no matter what. this is how I want it to work : PLAYER1 has eye in SLOT4 *, they talk in channel 4. IF the person has the eye in slot 4, BUT they are not holding it, they talk normally. NOT RADIO CHAT. This applies to all other slots. The way it works now, is this. Hold the eye, right click until you get to your channel, put the eye away. Now you're stuck in that channel pretty much forever, until the plugin is disabled.

EXAMPLE: Player 1 has the eye in slot 4, player is currently holding the eye, and then types "Hi" WHILE HOLDING THE EYE. Anyone with the eye in slot 4 will recieve the message, they don't need to hold the eye to get the message, they need to hold the eye to send the message. However, if he didn't hold the eye in his hand, but it was still in slot 4, and he says "Hi", he will not say it in radio chat, he will say it in regular minecraft chat.

If you are still not sure, just ask, and I can make a video demonstrating it within a week.

*Slots are referring to the spot in the hotbar, 1 - 9.

7. Offline

undeaD_D

oooh lol :O ... thats way easier than i thought -.- ^^

BUG-2: the last plugin you had worked totally fine, but in a totally different way :DDD
    it would change your channel +1 if you rightclick any eye ... and -1 if you leftclick it ...
    it wont change your channel depending on what slot the eye is in ...
    and you could only talk in the channel you are currently in (no local-chat).

but now that i got you, that request should be fairly easy ...

8. Offline

thecerealkill3r

undeaD_D Sure thing man, just tell me when you finish !

P.S Make sure to keep the config, I LOVE IT ;)

9. Offline

undeaD_D

link / password are the same ...

10. Offline

thecerealkill3r