Is essentials and permissionEx the same

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by Akaash101, Sep 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Akaash101

Is essentials and permissionEx the same

If so which is better

If not what's the difference

2. Akaash101 I am guessing you mean Essentials GroupManager not Essentials. I personally prefer PermissionsEx, because it has commands that you can unederstand and I never seem to have issues with it.

3. Offline

Akaash101

Oh so permissionEx different to essentials but the same to gropmanager

So you mean I need essentials but I can I permissionEx instead of group manager

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2016
  4. Offline

Aephout14

Akaash, EssentialsGroupManager and PermissionsEX are 2 different things, I recommend going with EGM though.

5. Offline

Tsrizchris

Group Manager and PermissionsEx are different means to the same end. Their function is the same.

6. Akaash101 Group Manager and PermissionsEx are two different brands of washing machine, and Essentials is a microwave. Whether you want a microwave or a washing machine is up to you, but you only need one washing machine. So don't get both GM and PEX.

Objectively, I don't think either GM or PEX are significantly 'better', meaning the above recommendations are likely personal preference. Try out both, and see which you prefer. Plugins on BukkitDev have an unlimited money-back guarantee in that they don't cost anything, so trying a couple out is the best way to decide.

Bammerbom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.