[Android] Cross-Platform Server Control!

Discussion in 'WIP and Development Status' started by Dudemister1999, Oct 20, 2014.

?

Useful?

1. Definitely!

70.0%
  2. I guess.

10.0%
  3. Not really...

10.0%
  4. Why are you posting this rubbish?

10.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Dudemister1999

Hi, everyone! I'm making an Android app to control servers remotely. It'll come in two parts, a plugin and an app. Both of which will be open source, and I welcome you to dissect, change, and release modified versions. After all, it's code. I didn't invent Java, nor will I claim ownership of parts of it.

Anyways, onto Features list.

App-
    * Multi-window, three sections (Console, Config, Util)
    * Lightweight (Uses only what it has to, no hidden junk)

Plugin-
    * Account system, permission based (Admins can't use config option, etc)
    * Multithreaded (Keeping your server healthy and light)
    * Allow for connection list, kicking, whitelisting accounts, and more

As you might have known, it sounds like a bunch of hooey. I'll be working on it as much as I can, but I might need some assistance with the Android part (Definitely not my specialty).

If you have suggestions, requests, or anything else, post below! Also, I might end up making an iOS compatible version in the future, if demand is high enough.

2. Offline

MrAwellstein

I was already working on something like this. Btw be careful with multithreading because it can be dangerous, especially with disabling/reloading your server. If you want help I can lend a hand.

3. Offline

Dudemister1999

4. Offline

bombom3000

Dudemister1999 Sounds like a good idea with much more flexibility than existing solutions to controlling a server from a mobile device. I have been playing around with Android app development quite a lot lately and would love to work with you on that. Even if it's just putting together the interface. From the code side of things, I have not worked with server interaction before so this could be a good opportunity to go into something slightly different from what I'm used to. I also have the latest up to date Android API installed.
    I have not worked with XCode before for IOS development, although I do work on an IMac so I do have it installed.
    In short, I would love to be a part of this!

5. Offline

Dudemister1999

bombom3000 It'd be great to have someone do that! I understand Android development, just not quite... good, to be frank. I can make the most basic of UI's, but that is the extent of my skill. I was originally going to use this for my server alone, but then demand from my peers made me create a public plugin for it. :p

6. Offline

bombom3000

7. Offline

Dudemister1999

bombom3000 It'll be exciting. If you want, you can find me on Skype here:

dudemister1999 (Shocker, my name is the same. :/ )

I can send you a basic, rough draft of the Android app design.

8. Offline

bombom3000

Dudemister1999 It may take a few days for me to get back to you, and I won't voice chat. Just skype message. Just to let you know.

9. Offline

Dudemister1999

10. Offline

dart2112

Dudemister1999
    sounds great, cant wait, if you want ill do any testing of it when you get to testing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.