New Company In The Making

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by bcohen9685, Oct 20, 2014.

?

Idea #1 Or #2?

33.3%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. None

66.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

bcohen9685

Hello! My name is Braden Cohen and I'm making a new business. I have two business ideas -- I'm looking for plugin developer/teams and or feedback. I have a business idea where plugin developers come to work for me (well sort of work for themselves, but they have to be accepted.) Clients will order Bukkit plugins and the first developer/developing team to accept gets to make the plugin for the client, but will only receive 90% of the profit. The other 10% will go to web hosting etc. I will make sure we do not become overloaded on plugin developers, so it won't be extremely hard to get a job. My other idea is a place where plugin developers can post their the plugins and have a set price on them (the JARs have to be accepted) and people can buy the JARs from that website, but the developer(s) will only make 90% of the revenue. The only flaw is if the source gets out, the plugin is doomed.

2. Offline

xTrollxDudex

I'm not going to insult you or anything... But in your last thread you said that you are a new developer... Why should developers work for you, if you don't really even know what you are doing? (Again, just by inference. Don't take it personally if the way I said something or something I said was insulting in your interpretation).

3. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

bcohen9685 Option 1. Why request it at your website when we do it for free on here?
    2. Source in java isn't really easy to protect, certainly not when you also need to check it.

4. Offline

bcohen9685

timtower That's what I was worried about. I was thinking of making a company like MCPluginsDev! xTrollxDudex I completely understand where your coming from! I just want to be the guy that puts it together. I have knowledge in HTML & CSS and enough knowledge of Bukkit to put it together.

5. Offline

RingOfStorms

Many people have proposed this and I think even a few tried it. It doesn't work, why would any developer go through your site and loose money when they can just go to a forum looking for work without a middleman. Making a middleman only works when there isn't something better already in place, and there is. Good luck and have fun wasting money and time on this.

6. Offline

bcohen9685

RingOfStorms Thank you for your feedback! This is the type of feedback I'm looking for, although it may come out harsh, it helps a lot. I might end up giving this a shot anyway, but what do you think about option #2? People may not waste money on that, and they would make some extra money (especially if teams like Essentials developed on it).

RingOfStorms likes this.
  7. Offline

bcohen9685 Then I wish you good luck getting a team to accept the plugins, having a safe method to pay etc, legal stuff to avoid sharing.
    And of course you need to be better then the already existing ones.

8. Offline

bcohen9685

timtower I'm planning to try! I'll have a TOS etc. Could you please point me to some companies besides MCPluginsDev?

9. Offline

10. Offline

bcohen9685

11. bcohen9685 Just fyi, this probably isn't the best place to talk about these ideas, as advertising and monetary offers are against Bukkit rules. It's best to share these ideas in places where those activities are acceptable. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.