Bukkit 1.7.9 Crash Rprt. Not Working..

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Darkmage4, Oct 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Darkmage4

So, I am using an Ubuntu Desktop as a server.

I installed it into /minecraft directory, with the plugins added in, and the bukkit server.jar in as well. But when loading the server it gives me this:

I don't know what happened, or really even understand the crash report.
    I had Vanilla Server running just fine, but wanted bukkit. got a friend to remote into my server and install bukkit with what he has, but he didn't have time to fix the issue at hand. It worked at first, but then the plugins were not loading for how we had it. It was in /home/user/minecraft/bukkit Server With Plugins in it's own folder and bukkit server.jar outside of the plugin folder.

Now we have it just /minecraft with everything in it, and it's not working and generated that error report above.

The server shows it's running, but when connecting to it, it gives a Time Out error. :/

2. Offline

Boba4237sdad

Sometimes the plugins doesn't like a path with spaces in the name.

But try to disable all plugins by removing them from the plugins directory and then add them one by one, until you find the one causing the problem. Start with Essentials, get that configured and running then add WorldEdit, get it configured and running, then add...

3. Offline

Darkmage4

I retried out of the root directory and it finally worked. I don't exactly know why it started working in the /home folder.

But all is good now! :D Thanks!

4. Offline

Boba4237sdad

It's a mess when you put stuff in the root directory. It's too easy to delete part of the OS. Don't do that.

tcvs likes this.
  5. Offline

tcvs

6. Offline

Darkmage4

I know my way around Linux. lol. I'm careful when in Root.

But the biggest thing is, I've never messed with an actual Server. Currently running on Ubuntu 12.04 Desktop version (Later versions are very slow on this desktop) But the Desktop uses about 600 MB out of 920MB The Server is given 800M. Would an actual server be better for this desktop? (Sorry this is a stray question.)

7. Offline

Boba4237sdad

Look here: http://askubuntu.com/questions/36/w...-run-an-ubuntu-desktop-edition-for-a-server-m
    and here: http://askubuntu.com/questions/3108...en-the-server-version-and-the-desktop-version

Too many people has been saying that before you. But you will make mistakes. In the middle of the night after struggling for hours, getting tired and wanting just a last test before going to bed you will do this: "Arghhh... let me try with a fresh install" and just do rm -fR *, then wget http:// ..... and now for a reboot ...
    Goodnight and sleep well.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2016
  8. Offline

Darkmage4

Uhm actually, no. Not at all what happened there. But thanks for trying. :)

Thanks for the links though!

It is working fine now. It works fine in /home so I can rest easy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.