Java can't open Bukkit

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Thocas, Oct 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Thocas

Dear Bukkit staff,

Yesterday I accidentally deleted "Craftbukkit 1.6.4 R2.0"
    So I downloaded it again. Now the name is "Bukkit 1.6.4 R2.0" (<-- That's not really important) but I can't open it. There comes an error with "Java can't open this .JAR file."
    I never had this message before with Bukkit but I really don't like it because I was working on something with plugins.

I hope you can help me out!
    Many thanks, Thomas

2. Offline

DrPyroCupcake

I'm not Bukkit staff, but I will try and help you. Post your start.bat
    Also what you want to be sure to do is rename your 'craftbukkit.1.6.4.jar' to just craftbukkit.jar

3. Actually, this is important. It's the very reason for why you're having this issue in the first place. Bukkit is the thing us plugin developers use to make plugins, and CraftBukkit is the thing you use to run a server. It's not possible to run a server with the Bukkit JAR that you have downloaded.

Unfortunately, CraftBukkit has been taken down due to a DMCA notice, and distribution of it is illegal.

DrPyroCupcake The name isn't relevant, and based on context, he clearly has the API, not the server implementation.

4. Offline

Thocas

Oh, that sucks :(
    Is it ever gonna be online again or not?

5. Thocas We don't know, but it doesn't look promising.

6. Offline

DrPyroCupcake

I missed that :p

AdamQpzm likes this.
  7. Offline

Thocas

Okay, Thanks!

8. Offline

===RhysyB===

Thocas (Assuming You Are Hosting Your Server Locally) You May Need To Create A Path. You Could Try Searching It Up On YouTube.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.