Tutorial Easy tutorial on making a Bukkit Plugin!

Discussion in 'Resources' started by bitbox, Nov 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi! Wondering how to make Bukkit plugins, but not sure where to start?
    Check out my blog on how to esaily make your first plugin, no programming knowledge required!

https://bukkittuts.wordpress.com/

Enjoy

(Sorry if this is in the wrong place)

ChipDev likes this.
  2. Offline

Creeoer

bitbox
    "No java knoweldge required"
    I don't think it is such a good idea for people to follow these tutorials. By making this you are making people think that they can substirute real java knowledge for bukkit api knowledge. All you do is just tell them what to do, and if they don't know java how can they make their own methods? This leads to people asking stupid questions on tehse forums like how do i put players in a list? This just increases the rates of "programmers" who expect to have a freindly tutorial tell them how to make everything and anything, even if it is something simple like adding things to a list.

TGRHavoc and CubieX like this.
  3. Hi again.

Again, I see where you are coming from however when I started Java, I was getting really bored of just making boring if statements and System.out.println("1").

Next tutorial will be a lot more cut down.

4. Offline

Creeoer

bitbox
    Getting tired? That's ridicilcous. If you can't devote the time to learn this (and this applies to everything) then don't bother learning it at all.

5. Offline

Funergy

ChipDev likes this.
  6. Offline

teej107

Uh... no!

[​IMG]

Unless you plan on teaching Java to them as well? I hope you have more priority over teaching Java than Bukkit.

7. Offline

Skionz

bitbox Learn Java first. Half the people who post here don't understand what a constructor is. Don't end up like them :(

teej107 likes this.
  8. Offline

mrCookieSlime

Moved to Resources.

And added a neat Prefix :3

9. Thanks Cookie

10. Offline

xTrollxDudex

bitbox
    A few images are missing an you only specify for a single platform: Windows. For example, if you are using Linux or OSX, you'd use apt, pip, or yum (just to name a few), and the OSX package manager (pretty sure it was apt, haven't checked though) to install Java.

11. bitbox Now I'm not one to say that you can code a Bukkit plugin without knowing Java (Since I learnt the BukkitAPI first, then picked up Java as I went along), however...

It's important to state the 'key facts', such as what a Class is, why packages need '.', the fact you need to end lines with semi-colons etc. If these are not taught, how could you possibly expect them to continue the tutorial without knowing the basics of Java at least; or even the basics of programming.

(P.S, You don't need to log that the plugin has been enabled - Bukkit does that for you)

12. bitbox Uhh, why are you uploading Bukkit to mediafire? That seems like a good way to show hostile intent.

Assist likes this.
  13. Offline

Skionz

AdamQpzm Good point but personally I like MediaFire for quick uploads but since anyone can upload anything to it, it can seem suspicious.

14. Skionz Not saying there's anything wrong with that, but why is he uploading bukkit to mediafire rather than just directing to dl.bukkit.org?

15. Offline

Skionz

AdamQpzm Hes uploading Bukkit and not CraftBukkit? Thats weird then.

16. Offline

Gamecube762

Skionz AdamQpzm There isn't any concern in the file itself as the MD5 hash matches Build #02639.

bitbox There is no need to re-upload the Bukkit API jars as those can easily be grabbed from here.

Skionz likes this.
  17. Offline

Regablith

This is funny

18. Gamecube762 Sure, but the link could change at any time.

Skionz If he was uploading CraftBukkit, I would have pointed out he was breaking the law ;)

Gamecube762 and Skionz like this.
  19. So much negativity.

20. Offline

xTrollxDudex

That is to be expected

ChipDev likes this.
  21. Offline

ChipDev

It's because you create a resource thats already created (Many times) and bukkit made an official tutorial; and THIS is worse. sorry :/
    Good job on creating it anyway, Its very clean (to me) ;)

22. Any tutorial that feels the need to upload the bukkit API to an external site has done something very wrong :p

I'd still like that question answered, by the way :) Why did you upload it to mediafire and link to that as opposed to the official download site?

teej107 and ChipDev like this.
  23. AdamQpzm
    Also note that the user has been banned from BukkitDev for posting malicious code, so I wouldn't download anything from him.

Cirno, teej107 and AdamQpzm like this.
  24. Assist Interesting, didn't think to check his BukkitDev account, nicely spotted. Definitely doesn't help his trustworthiness :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.