[ECON] ChestShop 3.7.18 (iConomyChestShop) - Chest&sign shop for economy plugins [1.8]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Acrobot, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Offline

Acrobot

An easy way to create shops - no protection plugin needed!
    You don't need to be on-line to earn money anymore!
    [​IMG]
    I've put a LOT of effort into making this plugin,
    you can donate if you appreciate my effort =)

Requirements:
    - An economy plugin supported by Register or Vault, for example iConomy, BOSEconomy or Essentials Eco.
    Optional:
    - For additional economy plugin support - Vault
    - For Permissions: bPermissions, PEX, or any other permission plugin
    - For additional protection: LWC, Lockette, Deadbolt
    - For other item names (aliases): OddItem

Setup:
    Copy the .jar file from the .zip you downloaded into /plugins folder.
    You can also copy the example files if you want to generate statistics page.

Translations:
    You can change the plugin's language, here's a list of all user-made translations.
    If you want to update or submit a translation, feel free to PM me.
    Translations (open)

Arabic - Attarhsase2
    Bulgarian - Muff1Ncho
    Czech - LordPgsa
    Chinese (Simplified) - tab415263
    Danish - Cannafix
    Dutch - speedlegs
    French- DragonSlayer875
    German - RasCas
    Hungarian - Anachen
    Indonesian - Yahya98
    Italian - Massimo1993
    Korean - Zwing87
    Norwegian - _AlexN_ and TheUnkownGamer
    Polish - Holls1
    Portugese (Brasil) - FelipeMarques14
    Russian - VADemon from http://minemania.ru/
    Slovak - LordPgsa
    Slovenian - jEErc
    Spanish - thxaaaa
    Swedish - Maxell
    Turkish - Developer
    Traditional Chinese - hellboyincs
    Vietnamese - etrubi1 from http://minevn.com/

Permissions:
    How to create a ChestShop?
    - Place a chest, if you haven't already.
    - Place a sign 1 block near the chest (for example, above the chest)
    - On the sign, write:

[​IMG]
    (Item name can actually be item ID or alias)
    First line will be filled in by the plugin automatically.
    Price is a combination of buy and sell price.
    You have to have B near buy price (people buy from you), and S near sell price (people sell to you).
    If you have both B and S, separate them with a colon - :
    For example:
    [​IMG]

means that AcrobotPL wants to sell 64 diamonds for 10 currency, and buy them back from you for 5 currency.
    Also, if you put "free" instead of price, it is free to buy or sell :)

- Now, when you finish editing the sign, if LWC is turned on in config, shop will be automatically created.
    Also, if your default protection is turned on in the config, people won't be able to break chest, sign or the block the sign is on.

What is an Admin Shop?
    Admin shop is the shop that doesn't require a chest, because it has infinite stock.
    If you sell to it, the items will disappear, and if you buy from it, items will magically appear.
    To create one, you have to be Admin/OP. Just put "Admin Shop" (or anything specified in config file) on the first line of the sign.

Restricting shops to some groups or regions
    You can either use permissions, or you can just put a sign ABOVE shop sign (you need to be in that group to create the sign) to restrict it to players with ChestShop.group.groupName permission
    The syntax is:
    [restricted]
    firstGroupName
    2ndGroupName
    3rdGroupName
    Only those groups will be able to use that shop

To restrict a shop to some regions:
    - If you're using Towny, turn TOWNY_INTEGRATION on. Residents will be able to create shops in economy plots (either their or, if specified in config, any)
    - If you're using WorldGuard, you can use an experimental "chestshop" flag. Turn WORLDGUARD_INTEGRATION on and flag a region. (f.e. /region flag ChestShopRegion chestshop allow)

Do you want to limit the maximum prices for items?
    Well, there's an app.... wait, not that : P
    You can use an experimental feature in ChestShop.
    In your config.yml, add lines like:
    max-buy-price-5: 14
    max-sell-price-5: 15

That means that the maximum price for items BOUGHT by PLAYER is 14, and items SOLD by PLAYER using the shop is 15.

You can also use a global setting, like this:
    max-sell-price: 200

That means that the maximum price for items SOLD to PLAYER is 200 (if there is, for example, a max-sell-price-5 found, it will be used instead of the global sell price)

USING SHOPS
    You could buy and sell by right and left clicking the sign for a long time.
    Now it's the only way to use the shops.
    It's SIMPLE!
    Just LEFT-CLICK to SELL to shop, and
    RIGHT-CLICK to BUY from shop.
    (This can be changed in the config file)

DESTROYING SHOPS
    If you want to delete your old shop, simply SNEAK and destroy the sign.
    It's that easy =)

STOCKING THE SHOPS
    You can either open the chest and stock it up, or click on your own sign - it will open chest's inventory (that way you can have chests not openable by other people for sure :D)

ItemInfo command
    It's a simple command that shows item information.
    If you use it without any arguments, it shows you information about the item you're holding.
    If you specify item id or item name after the command, it will show you information about that item.

Source code
    ChestShop is Open-Source =)
    You can find its code on https://github.com/Acrobot/ChestShop-3

Thanks to:
    - kali876, ziomekYOYO and Herocraft server for testing the plugin and finding every little bug =)
    - Everyone who uses this plugin - really big thanks for this, I never thought it will be so popular
    - Everyone who provided translation - many people's lives will be easier now
    - @Nijikokun for Register
    - @LennardF1989 for awesome Persistence Reimplemented
    - @Temaska for fixing the plugin while I was on holidays
    - @VADemon for providing a great support for other users
    - @Euthyphro for his patience and really good bug spotting
    - vagrant326 for making a great price sheet
    - Epics for his great help
    :)
    If something's not working
    You can't change the sign color - that breaks the formatting.
    If that's not the issue, please give me this information, so I can help you faster.
    - CraftBukkit version (type /version in chat)
    - ChestShop version (type /csversion in chat)
    - Your economy plugin (iConomy? BOSEconomy? other one?)
    - Have you got any Permission plugin? Which one?

[​IMG]
    Changelog (open)

Changelog can be found on BukkitDev - http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/chestshop/files/

2. Offline

Acrobot

@Hmmm, sure, I think.

EDIT: Done

3. Offline

Meteo

I still got errors.. i even updated and more.... STEPS I DID.

1. set chest.
    2. put item in chest (stone)
    3. put sign above it
    4. meteo
    stone

5. right clicked the sign.
    6. BIG errors.
    7. Posted this D:

Can anyone help me? >.< i keep getting the cannot pass event thingy.

4. Offline

LightKing

Why do I get this error? Could this be the same error your getting Meteo (Top Post) ?

Attached Files:

5. Offline

PatrickFreed

I get "sign is in incorrect format" but everything is right. build 325, any ideas?

6. Offline

MinehubGaming

Great plugin! Took a bit of tweaking but I finally figured out the working syntax and now it's great! I assume if you turn use-id: false in the config i can use item names instead of item numbers?

either way, great plugin!

7. Offline

axebyte

Alot of help moving forward towards a unglobal Shop system. (claps) been waiting for something like this since the death of Hmod.
    If/when this supports players selling to other players we will finally after almost two complete months have a player economy again.

Hope to see this evolve and and keep going. (too many of the plugins on bukkit seem to get half or less way done and the people creating them dissapear)

Thanks for taking your time and sharing your work.

8. Offline

Darkchaos

Works With LWC BUT! when using them together it unlocks the chest, my chest is locked, i put a sign, and it unlocks, so this DOES NOT work with LWC. kthxbye

9. Offline

shatteredbeam

That could be because the number of protected chests is greater than you have set, If you set a limit in LWC.

Example: You have 20 protected chests. You set a limit of 10. LWC wont allow more protections above that amount when purchasing.
    --- merged: Feb 17, 2011 6:15 AM ---
    Hmm. also after update to b335 doesn't seem like permissions are triggering. Can you confirm the case is correct in the Permssions names? even copy/pasting them didnt' work when placed into default group and my config for permissions is parsing just fine.

No console output. Tried with both IDs and with names. If the creator clicks it, it says 'Can't buy from your own store' etc, but everyone else gets 'Cannot buy from shops'

10. Offline

MrKrucible

its funny how i can see a little one next to the creepers legs in the picture.

11. Offline

uncovery

thanks so much for this plugin! Could you please store the plugin somewhere so it can be downloaded with wget on a linux machine? This here as an attachment is quite cumbersome to use.

12. Offline

PandaVidya

any word on adding buy/sell support?

13. Offline

Fiddy_percent

I cant get this to work at all... It says enabled on my server I have the permissions and iconomy
    Does it matter what permissions you use? also my bukkit is 409...? I think lol

14. Offline

Nakou

Hello guys,

I have an incoherent Permission problem, nobody can plant a Sign, anywhere and no close of a chest, it said :
    [Permission] You cannot create a shop

So, in Permission config, users have that : iConomyChestShop.shop.use
    and admins have : iConomyChestShop.shop.*

It's a new bug when i goin to the 0.4, so my server backup to the 0.3 until a fix or an explanation.

15. Offline

GyD

Do you think it could be possible to add coulours to the sign? ^^

BTW thank you for this plugin :D

16. Offline

Isabaellchen

I discovered some weird bugs in combination with LWC
    When a doublechest is protected by LWC and you place a sign above one part of it, the lwc protection is removed from the whole chest. Afterwards you can only protect half of that double chest with lwc... (the part that has no sign above it). The other half is still unprotected!
    Please note that this happens on any sign you place above chests, no matter what the sign reads.
    Maybe you should implement a command to activate a signshop, so not all signs create shops by default when placed above a chest.

17. Offline

axebyte

As for the double chests, it is already in the known problems list in the op,and says its in the future work.

what is getting me that myplayers and i can not seem to figure out is:
    • Item aliases should work!
      • Items like wool, dyes now work!

• The list in the op for item names does not include dyes. ID# for dyes seem to not work.
      Example green:(least i think thats green might be red just woke up)
      have tried 351[2] 351:2 3512
      name wise i think we tried most combinations of cacti_green green_dye and most everything else.

As a secound part question, when use ID is set to true, does this remove the Name use? or can both Name and ID be used when this is set to true? (trying to cover all the bases on dyes)

18. Offline

Acrobot

Dyes WORK, but you can't specify the colour, it picks items from the chest.

When useID is true, it removes name use due to compatibility issues

@Isabaellchen
    Huh, strange, I don't do anything to the chest protection, but still, it's double chest.
    It's still unimplemented.

Also, be SURE to update every needed plugin, like Permissions, it works successfully for me and my friend. Maybe some plugin conflict?

19. Offline

Fabio

I cant sell cobblestone,sand or wood. I put the items inside the chest but It just says out of stock.

I can sell bricks and a lot of stuff.

20. Offline

Acrobot

You are probably using some other, incompatible plugin.

@Fabio - did you try ID's?
    Also, download new version now.

21. Offline

Dodecha

Everything working after switching to using ID's

Thanks for this plugin!

22. Offline

Magik

craftbukkit #334

whenever I right click a shop sign I get this:
    Code:
    Feb 17, 2011 3:06:19 PM org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager callEvent
    SEVERE: Could not pass event BLOCK_RIGHTCLICKED to iConomyChestShop
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.inventory.CraftItemStack.getMaxStackSize(CraftItemStack.java:124)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.inventory.CraftInventory.firstPartial(CraftInventory.java:185)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.inventory.CraftInventory.addItem(CraftInventory.java:205)
            at com.bukkit.Acrobot.iConomyChestShop.iConomyChestShopBlockListener.onBlockRightClick(iConomyChestShopBlockList
    ener.java:160)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$20.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:221)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:60)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:214)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:496)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet15Place.a(SourceFile:57)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(SourceFile:232)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:74)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:104)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:317)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:232)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:512)

23. Offline

Fabio

Can you public version 0.2 of your plugin? tanks

24. Offline

soulreafer

thanks for the update. really usefull for an german user like me

25. Offline

PatrickFreed

I was, but now it's gone and it still won't work. Nothing happens when I right click chests. Permissions are all set up also.

26. Offline

Fabio

I can't sell cobblestone using UseID= False
    It says out of stock , and I placed 1000 cobblestone there

27. Offline

Acrobot

@Fabio
    As I said, it is buggy, I will try fixing it or remaking it in the future.
    Also, I don't even know if I have version 0.2, but believe me, it's way more buggy. The item names almost work now, I'll just need to make something to recognise if it's a block or a item.

@Patrick - hmm, reinstall maybe?

28. Offline

darknesschaos

You should check my sign trader code to see how it works with double chests.

29. Offline

Meteo

i continue getting the null pointer error..... please fix this...

30. Offline

wheelz

how do you buy the stuff from other people when you put it into the chest

31. Offline

Acrobot

You can't... Yet

@Meteo - that doesn't happen to anyone who I tested the plugin with. Are you sure there is no plugin conflict?