[REQ] Swap-able Inventories - Unlimited Inventories on the go!

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by novs12, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Offline

novs12

Hey!
    I think this is a great plugin suggestion, as I can not find one that does it right!
    I also don't think it would be TOO hard to code.

Plugins Features:
    Multi-Inventories accessible with a command.
    You can create a new inventory by typing /invcreate <name>
    You can go to that inventory by typing /inv <name>
    You can set in a config for what players get the commands and how many inventories they can create.
    When you swap to a different inventory the previous one is saved.
    When you add a block/item or at a set time interval the current inventory is saved.
    Inventories can be saved via a database or txt files.

That's about it!
    Doesn't sound too hard I don't think.

Let me know if you plan on working on one of these!
    (Yes I saw Inventory Presets but that plugin is not finished and doesn't auto save/limit to how many inventories a specific user can make. You can use that plugin as a base i'd assume.
    https://github.com/Azenet/InventoryPresets/tree/master/src/me/azenet/InventoryPresets)

Thanks!

2. Offline

dak393

Oh I think I get it so you want a player to be able to type say "/inv build" and it gives them the items set up for that loadout? (say stone, dirt, bricks and half blocks for this one) Then they can type another command "/inv WE" and their inventory is replaced with what's in that set up? (So the other blocks would be gone and they now have a wooden axe, a feather, and a stick say, with nothing else) Did I get that right? If no one does this I may pick it up after I finish my other jobs :)

3. Offline

novs12

I'm not sure if I understood your post correctly.
    But it's as simple as having 2 inventories.
    you type /inv 2 and your second inventory comes up, whatever you mine will be placed in it and saved you can can use everything in that inventory just as normal.
    Then to access your main inventory you type /inv 1 and everything in inv 2 is saved and inv 1 opens up and you can use that inventory like normal, etc.

4. Offline

insanj

If no other developer is working on this, let me know, I might be able to whip something like this up in a few days.

5. Offline

novs12

I don't believe anyone is, i've looked around for quite some time looking for it.
    I'd really appreciate it if you worked on this!
    Thanks a lot!

6. Offline

dak393

If you just want extra inventory space look at SpoutBackpack or Backpack

7. Offline

novs12

Yeah i guess that would work, but this plugin would be a lot more lightweight and easy to use.
    insanj if you're going to work on it, let me know!

8. Offline

insanj

Sure! I'll start development soon, I plan on having these features available from first release:
    • Standard inventory at beginning of game, type in /inv save [name] to save your current inventory under the given name
    • Load a created inventory by typing in /inv load [name]
    • List all your current inventories by typing in /inv list
    • See all of this in-game by typing in /inv
    • Can't load inventories that you already have, so no cheating that way
    • A configuration file for each player, that stores his/her inventories (if they save on using the plugin)
    • Permissions 3 support